Nina Ricci F/W 07.08 Paris

this is beautiful- it seems like an extention of his work at rochas

I think becasue the Nina Ricci brand has so lon been kind of "uncool" merely pretty dresses, he is alineating the old customer, and hopefully gaining new customers who were upset by rochas closing.

he is redefining the brand image completely

These boots are AWESOME!
00520m.jpg

style.com

...Not as influential as his Rochas debut but I think he served more of his own gothic touch in this collection,so divine and effortless, and the gowns are absolutely bests of the season, hands down:heart: :heart: :heart:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AMAZING. I love the knits, vertical jackets, the gowns, the boots... EVERYTHING!!

My favorite collection for FW07 besides Galliano! Welcome back Theysken!

the thing as a whole is so nice. the evening dress are stunning :crush:

Don't kill me but got to get this off my chest - I seriously hate those "trailing" ribbons things all over the body, the sleeves, the hems, and the feathers trailing from the hair, all those fluttering, trailing things look horrible even if there's a wind machine on full blast - the fairytopia princess theme is so uncool. The fluffy evening gowns look like Marchesa territory... :yuk:

^ well zazie, if I'm honest, I didn't like it that much either.... maybe because I expected so much more judging from his pre-fall...

melt977, what a relief to hear someone else thinks the same. :smile: He didn't do this silly thing at Rochas, and I suspect he's taking this "l'air du temps" theme too literally - airy fairy, flying hair, flowy ribbons, feathers, etc. Imagine how this looks without the runway and wind machine, i.e. 99% of any woman's life.

I'm just finding this collection a bit "awkward"... both the urbanite-flaired daywear and the evening dresses...:unsure:

the styling was weird too and I personally didn't see anything I will remember in two weeks time... minus a couple of pieces...

As for the evening dresses, I agree with you.... he took the "air du temps" theme a bit too literally... :ninja: .. adn a bit too blantly (sp?) for my taste...

however, this might work great in an advertisment of the said perfume...^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Zazie said:
Imagine how this looks without the runway and wind machine, i.e. 99% of any woman's life.
Those boots need no wind machine :wink: I think it's all quite wearable, and as for the fairy tale theme, it ends at the styling.

it seems like his work at rochas

and it doesn't look like Nina Ricci so much.

But i think this collection is
the most wearable collection of Olivier's. :smile:

and so beautiful!!!

very little that i like here, mainly the grey froufrou evening dress and thats all..

i find the collection very 'poor' for nina ricci ..mainly in term of construction and mood, it seems like a stella mc cartney collection, which is not a compliment for olivier..

shoes & boots.. maybe the worst of the season, hate the heels too much

the feather hairstyle idea may be the most original point in the show.. and like others here, i HATE the muslin rags floating around and the chunky knits which are so NOT nina ricci

bye bye olivier..

I'm not really loving the big chunky knits. The whole things seems a little floppy to me...too floppy. Minus a few gorgeous pieces I'm not that impressed. I don't like the shoes either. :ermm:

It's all so picturesque and idealistic. It's really a breath of fresh air from all the dramatic runways. I love it, absolutely love it.

i didnt like the collection at all... not even the gowns... I thought Theskyen was a good choice for Nina Ricci but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->