Olivia Palermo

very pretty girl but i hate that her face is a different colour from her neck! she should switch foundations.

I don't see it. Her foundation shade is fine to me. :innocent: And if she is using a foundation with SPF, her face is bound to look much brighter in harsh flash photography.

^ me too. i love that she mixes high street (and yes especially zara!!! :heart:) with designer stuff. and that she "recycles" her outfits and updates them with different accessories. i hate how some celebs just wear things once and throw them away. although... in olivia's case sometimes she does tend to overexpose her outfits/accessories (how about those diamond earrings and that giant cocktail ring and that fur scarf and those leather leggings?) :P

that being said, i still love you, olivia.

^^^ those jeans are seriously unflattering for her :ninja: I like the jacket, hate the boots and the hair :yuk: And of course I love Johannes :brows: He's her best accessory.

I've been looking at the old pictures of O. posted a few pages back and I really enjoyed her style a lot more back then. It was very NYC chic but not overly trendy and much more personalized. Now all I can see is black black black and one miss-outfit after another. I think O. lost a lot of her allure and appeal in my eyes after the City. Personality is something you just can't fake and for me it influences a person's style. Too bad, she has such a lovely face but that's about it :innocent:

^ yeah I gotta agree, after watching her on The City a lot of that initial allure kinda went out of the window. The manner in which she presents herself in pictures and how she actually behaves in reality is surprisingly different. Not a fan of her personality, but I do like her style.

i love her in leather/black and it works well with bright accessories!

I can't help laughing at all this criticism because Olivia has basically done everything people in this thread wanted her to do, and it's till not good enough.

You wanted less make-up: she eases up on the foundation but now of course we can see more of her flaws (like bags under the eyes) so you accuse her of being worn out

You wanted her to stop being so try-hard and obsessive about her outfits: she dressed more casual and now she is a slob.

You wanted her to stop curling her blond hair: she goes back to brunette and looses the curls, but now she's messy and boring.

On top of that, she is accused of being an horrible b****.

Dear god, I would not want to be in her shoes.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^well, everyone has different opinions. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like people keep changing their opinions..Not everyone wanted her to do the things you mentioned. I'd say it's all 50/50. I like her hear brown, others blonde. :wink:

^ yeah I gotta agree, after watching her on The City a lot of that initial allure kinda went out of the window. The manner in which she presents herself in pictures and how she actually behaves in reality is surprisingly different. Not a fan of her personality, but I do like her style.

I totally agree. She is such a gorgeous girl who's obviously got great style but her personality just comes across so wrong on 'The City'. I guess we have to bare in mind all of the editing but still....

Omg seriously this thread gives me lol's.

I love the yellow clutch from the previous pages

I can't help laughing at all this criticism because Olivia has basically done everything people in this thread wanted her to do, and it's till not good enough.

You wanted less make-up: she eases up on the foundation but now of course we can see more of her flaws (like bags under the eyes) so you accuse her of being worn out

You wanted her to stop being so try-hard and obsessive about her outfits: she dressed more casual and now she is a slob.

You wanted her to stop curling her blond hair: she goes back to brunette and looses the curls, but now she's messy and boring.

On top of that, she is accused of being an horrible b****.

Dear god, I would not want to be in her shoes.:lol:

ITA. Well maybe some of them :lol:

Funny, but there seems to be a committed group of UESers who are out to get her no matter what she does, or doesn't do- I almost feel sorry for her! She comes from Connecticut money and the right schools- why has there been such a campaign against her? Frenemies, resentment, did she pi** off a lot of the 'right' people along the way? Sleep with their brothers/boyfriends whatever? Seems like there is more to the story, doesn't it? :unsure:

^This is something I've always wondered as well. Why did T. Mortimer and others hate her so much? Does she brush people the wrong way or was/is it just straight up jealousy? It's weird.

i actually love pretty much the whole look..from the fur scarf to the booties..she looks lovely :heart:

she's not 23...:innocent:
if you read through the beginning of this thread, you'll see that...

i think the leather dress outfit looks better with the coat on...:lol:

Funny, but there seems to be a committed group of UESers who are out to get her no matter what she does, or doesn't do- I almost feel sorry for her! She comes from Connecticut money and the right schools- why has there been such a campaign against her? Frenemies, resentment, did she pi** off a lot of the 'right' people along the way? Sleep with their brothers/boyfriends whatever? Seems like there is more to the story, doesn't it? :unsure:

Exactly! There's a huge gap in the story! But it sure seems like jealousy has a whole lot to do with it. I found this silly:

socialite_opener_560.jpg

nymag

I think this is a good read: http://nymag.com/news/people/31555/

Pertaining to style! Can anybody ID a similar nail polish shade to the color that she's been wearing lately? (and in the pic above too :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Great article, thanks! I hope NY Magazine will update it all soon...Someday (maybe) I'll understand why I find this all so interesting- my guess would be I wouldn't want to be close friends with many of them, but they seem to be endlessly fascinating for some reason... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argentinebooty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->