Online Support Group

I have not eaten any kind of 'fast food' in just over a week! :buzz:

Just watched Uma kick *** in Kill Bill. Very motivating. Am listening to upbeat music. In fact if it wasn't 2 AM i'd go to the gym right now. Unfortunately I have an early class tomorrow and have to shower and go to bed. However I resolve to tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I want to sign up for kickboxing. It's 30 extra pounds I don't want to spend, and it's on thursdays which means I might miss a few if I go travelling however I think it would be a good class to take. :wacko:

eta: Congrats Belowen on avoiding the fast food! And Tea, I'm so proud that each day you are completing your goal!! :heart: :flower:

DressageChick, baby steps darling! :flower: Find little things that you can manage and make a daily goal for yourself. Speaking of my daily goal, I fell back into routine today and found myself eating at the computer. Just completely unconscious that I was snacking there. So, I didn't make my goal today. I can say that when I did notice, I stopped eating immediately.

You make a great suggestion, fashionablyyours. I often put on some music and dance around for a quick energy break. :blush: Of course, I do this only when I'm home alone! :lol: 15 minutes makes a good little workout.

Good job on the fast food, Belowen! :flower: Don't you feel a bit lighter just thinking about it? Energy-wise, I mean?? I almost sat down at the computer this morning to check email while eating cereal/fruit/yogurt and jumped out of the seat like it was on fire! It's hard to break habits!! :huh:

FYI:

pbj.jpg

Peanut and peanut-butter lovers, do I have good news for you! Recent studies show that both are not only good for your heart, but your figure, too!

The Food and Drug Administration recently approved a health claim that maintains, “Diets containing one ounce of nuts per day can reduce your risk of heart disease.” That’s because over 80 percent of the fat in peanuts is derived from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, both of which have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels. In a study at Purdue University, people who ate 500 calories of peanuts a day (slightly more than half a cup) for eight weeks had a significant drop in their triglyceride levels (a risk factor for heart disease) while their intake of heart-healthy nutrients (folate, magnesium and fiber, for example) increased.

No wonder folklore has it that peanut butter was invented as a health food in 1890 for malnourished patients!

Peanut butter is good for you whether it’s store-bought or the fresh-ground type you can buy at a health food store.

Most store-bought peanut butters contain 92 to 93 percent peanuts—by law they’re required to have at least 90 percent—so that leaves little room for any other ingredients. There’s usually a small amount of sugar, salt, stabilizers, and, yes, hydrogenated oils. But the hydrogenated vegetable oils generally amount to one to two percent of the total weight, and that’s not enough to register trans fats on the label when the new labeling laws go into effect, click here.

It was generally assumed that processing raw peanuts into commercial butter removed their healthy vitamins. But recent studies at the University of Georgia published in the September, 2003 issue of the Journal of Food Sciences have shown that processing removes no more than five percent of the nuts’ vitamin E. Turns out, peanut butters' oil base and the container itself protect against the erosion, usually by air, of the vitamin.

I recommend nuts and nut butters as one of nature’s—and dieter’s—healthier food choices. As with most things, though, too much of a good thing can be too much indeed: In the case of peanuts and peanut butter that would be calories. Yes, they’re healthy, but only if eaten in moderation—a handful of peanuts or two tablespoons of peanut butter are appropriate portion sizes. They’ll fill you up, not out. In fact, one of the Purdue University study’s authors said that peanuts have such a high satiety value people actually want to eat less of other foods. Plus, his subjects’ resting metabolic rate went up after eating peanuts for the eight weeks! Other research has shown that 15 to 20 percent of peanuts’ calories pass through the body without being absorbed!

So, if you sadly gave up peanut butter sandwiches long ago, you might want to consider putting one of your favorite childhood staples back on your menu permanently. Just mix it into your new healthier diet.

Sadly, I'm allergic to peanuts so none of that diet for me! :P I did do five minutes on the exercise bike today and I'm fairly proud of myself. B) Hopefully I'll move myself enough to do the same tomorrow. Also, this is kind of funny, but during the last minute I kept repeating the names of all the major supermodels to myself for motivation!... "Come on...you can do it...Karolina Kurkova....puff, puff...Gisele....gasp, pant...." :lol:

awesome purple!! and thanks for the update on the peanut butter diet. I might just subscribe! hehe

Guess what?! I went to the gym today!! Wheee for me. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and about 10 minutes on the erg machines (rowing machines, my first time). Also I signed up for kickboxing classes once a week!! Downfall is I majorly O.D.'d on Ritz crackers today and didn't eat very well.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:54 pm
Sadly, I'm allergic to peanuts so none of that diet for me! :P I did do five minutes on the exercise bike today and I'm fairly proud of myself. B) Hopefully I'll move myself enough to do the same tomorrow. Also, this is kind of funny, but during the last minute I kept repeating the names of all the major supermodels to myself for motivation!... "Come on...you can do it...Karolina Kurkova....puff, puff...Gisele....gasp, pant...." :lol:
:lol: I'm getting the picture, purple! :lol:

mehg, good for you! You made it to the gym. Let's focus on the positive!! :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:54 pm
Also, this is kind of funny, but during the last minute I kept repeating the names of all the major supermodels to myself for motivation!... "Come on...you can do it...Karolina Kurkova....puff, puff...Gisele....gasp, pant...." :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to kickboxing class yesterday. Phew! Now that was a workout!! I also moved my room today and got a lot of exercize carrying stuff and going up and down the stairs! And good job Tea on the eating at the computer!!! :flower:

Go mehg! B) Good job!!! BTW, no eating at the computer for me today!!! What a good girl am I! :P

I have had a bad week-pms has me craving peanut butter and chocolate and everything else imaginable!

PMS, and hungover. :angry:

Lots of snacking :shock: :doh:

Wonder what PMT feel like, actually, forget I even asked.

Yeah, Im gonna get in shape. My Doc says I'm in great shape, but I don't agree. I do 75 press-ups when I wake up every day. I try to go for a run, but Im a bit lazy.

Congratulations! Sounds like you are all working hard! I just had a yogurt smoothie and last night did some abs exercise, jump rope for 1-2 minute, jumping jacks with 3lb weights... just some stuff I remember from working out with my fitness trainers... I'm trying to take some yoga classes this year again, and continue going to my gym =) but my goal is to spend 4 days doing some cardio until I reach my goal weight! =) Good job everybody!!!

:flower: Good work, paris!!! :flower:

But bad work, Tealady! :sick: I ate at the computer and during the course of the day, I managed to eat 6 donuts! :sick: I've got to find a better way to cope with stress!!! :angry:

I actually went running for 45 mins today!!!! I thought my nose and fingers were going to fall off the whole time. Not so good with food, though....skipped breakfast, pizza and apple pie for lunch, a huge tuna salad sandwich at the diner for diner and capucinos and cookies during study breaks....midterms bring too much stress for diets!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"