Overrated Actors

I think Di Caprio will get better with time. I find him to be an engaging actor.

Audrey Hepburn was gorgeous but I do not rate her as an actress. I feel bad that I find her acting irritating.

Audrey Hepburn especially, but also Grace Kelly and John Wayne.

cannot agree. I think Audrey was gorgeous as person and also as an actress.

I think Angelina Jolie is totally overrated. I don't like her as an actress, she sure is a really nice and kind person when it comes to charity and stuff, but not fan of her acting.

I think Angelina Jolie is totally overrated. I don't like her as an actress, she sure is a really nice and kind person when it comes to charity and stuff, but not fan of her acting.
I agree with you on the Jolie thing. I've only seen one movie she was okay in - Changeling.

There's just something about her that annoys me. Like Halle Berry. I don't get the hype.

Reverse the names for me. I "cannot agree" that AJ is overrated and find her a great actress and a great person. But this thread is stating which actors a member personally thinks is overrated, not whether others agree.
The reason I-not sure about others-find Audrey to be so overrated is because her fans are so incredibly defensive and make her out to be Marlon Brando-esque in terms of revolutionizing acting and in its skill. I think it was quite obvious she was acting when I see her performances because I don't think she became her character... there was always Audrey Hepburn. Of course, it's like this for most actors, but many people seem to make her out to be an expert in making people forget she was in a movie and believing it was an entirely new person; the character she was playing.
If anything, it was more that she was incredibly graceful and classy (though again, I don't consider her to be the Epitome of either of these things like she is made out to be) and overall very charismatic and interesting to watch. She seemed to be a lovely woman, and I do admire her work with UNICEF.

^ I don't think AH is that amazing either and you could say that about a lot of actors at that time (like Natalie Wood). That was the acting style. That is why Marlon Brando was so original.

I think Johnny Depp is kind of overrated sometimes, then other times I think that he is amazing...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not :unsure: My problem is that I get annoyed that people make Audrey out to be a revolution in acting like Marlon Brando, when I find she was nothing special with her acting, I thought it was quite mediocre. I think it was more she revolutionized style and composure. People's pedestals of her are way too high.
Another actress (I absolutely love her but) i think was mediocre was Lauren Bacall. I look up all these youtube videos of her and everyone loves her, but again, I think she was more charismatic and people liked her distinct voice.

Some other actors I don't understand are Sam Worthington (maybe it's just his weird accent he tries to do), Keanu Reeves, Jessica Alba (actually, I'm not sure how many people like her acting) and Halle Berry.

99% of actors/actresses that have come out in the past 10 years are over rated. They're hyped up like there's no tomorrow.

^ couldn't agree more. The press loves to brand them "geniuses":rolleyes:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I don't know if he is that highly regarded, but my mum has been watching The Tudors and he is awful.

Tom Cruise..well not so much nowadays but he's just not good imo.

I don't think they're terrible, but a lot of people seem to praise Rachel McAdams and Natalie Portman as "different" and more talented from the usual (young) women in Hollywood, but to me they're talent is the same; average. I could see why they said that if Natalie's acting was like it was when she was young though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->