Paris fashion schools

Unfortunately it isn't and is quit pricey for a french school. But fashion wise there's really only Duperre. The others are about the same as Bercot. The other known ones are Esmod and Atelier Chardon savard: the first one is rumored to be interested by the students money but a lot of houses take interns from there, and the second has more eccentric students (apparently).

I just looked on the duperre website and it says that the DSAA is the equivalent of a Masters, that it helps students already formed in fashion extend their knowledge of clothes, accessories, housing, cosmetics, design, edition, shows and communication.

I can translate more if this interests you :wink:

what do you think of Modart? especially businesess courses there? as much as i have read this thread,t his school has been left outside... unless i missed smth..

Sorry, I haven't seen your answer before. I seems nice, but it's private. I ended up going to CSM in London for a summer course, but now I'm thinking about Paris again. I'm looking for a master, but it should be in a public university.

does anyone knows which public schools offer a master's degree? I am interested about Duperré but i don't understand what it DSSA, BTS etc.

I like this one, the DSAA mode & environnement, are you going to apply, Ohh! La La?

I also found one master2 program at l'Université de la mode (it's part of the Université Lumière Lyon 2), but it's not in Paris. I've found out that the Université Lumière Lyon 2 is a public one, so would the fashion one be public too?

I also found one master2 program at l'Université de la mode (it's part of the Université Lumière Lyon 2), but it's not in Paris. I've found out that the Université Lumière Lyon 2 is a public one, so would the fashion one be public too?

yeah, it is a public one - i studied there for my erasmus studies, just not fashion :smile:
Lyon is not a very exciting city but if you try really really hard, you might also find something to do there.
but - i am still studying (at LCF) and maybe I am not the most experienced person to advise you, but I know that, you know that, we all know that this is the field there having knowledge is great, but having great connections is even greater! So I would only propose going to the real fashion cities and start building your network - cause it doesn't come in one day. I study here at LCF now and of course there are some things we don't like, but I am really happy to be here - thats a world known school and we get to meet industry insiders. It's really exciting!

I haven't posted here in a long time so maybe someone has already said it - but I would like to issue a warning for Istituto Marangoni Paris's 3-year programs. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

Thanks, gian-franco. That's true about the cities, I was thinking about the public aspect and forgot about it, better focus on Paris.

Why MimiV?
That essay is too long to post here, if you are about to apply or something PM me and I will go into detail. However, the summary is that it is a school where you learn very little, pay quite a lot and that many industry people in Paris have never heard about. There are no books, but there are two open-bar parties per year without sponsors, care to guess how they fund that?

I did one year of fashion business and in my program there are always two classes the first year and only one small one the second year. I first assumed this was because of the competition, but quickly learned that no it is simply because people realize their mistake and get out. I did enjoy three of my classes, but the rest were a not-so-funny joke. We once spent more than an hour having a serious discussion on how you should act when entering a luxury boutique.... and I have plenty more examples like that.

From my experience up to now, I'm really liking my school, and listening to people here and fellow students who have come from other schools, Studio Bercot is pretty good. (but they don't do masters and such)

which is the best school in paris for perfume-making courses? Does anyone know?!?!

im looking to apply for Masters in fashion too, more towards marketing and advertising. I can speak both english and french. Which school would you recommande ? thank you for your help if there is any suggestion please feel free to pm me

I've noticed that the majority of the discussions on this thread are related to design- certainly understandable, given that Paris is the fashion capital of the world- but does anyone have words about ESMOD's postgrad program in fashion marketing? If ESMOD really is "the FIDM of Paris," does that mean that their fashion business programs are stronger than their design programs? I've heard the connections are top notch, and they have a pretty impressive post grad placement rate I believe.

It'd certainly be a financial burden, but no more so than the vast majority of domestic fashion schools (I'm in the US), even with airfare and living expenses.

hey i´m looking for an intership to france, i´ve heard a lot of esmod, and parsons paris, but in order to apply for the intership i need the study plans and compare it with the plan that i curse, my studies in mexico last 4 years and a half and i´m looking for being there the the whole semester, btw if someone had the study plans of any fashion collage of france please share it with me.... my facebook is rey villanueva

I've noticed that the majority of the discussions on this thread are related to design- certainly understandable, given that Paris is the fashion capital of the world- but does anyone have words about ESMOD's postgrad program in fashion marketing? If ESMOD really is "the FIDM of Paris," does that mean that their fashion business programs are stronger than their design programs? I've heard the connections are top notch, and they have a pretty impressive post grad placement rate I believe.

It'd certainly be a financial burden, but no more so than the vast majority of domestic fashion schools (I'm in the US), even with airfare and living expenses.

I believe IFM is the best post grad fashion business school in Paris.
But Ive heard the ESMOD one is not bad..but I think they have another name instead of ESMOD:blush:

I got accepted to MODSPE Paris http://www.modspe.com/en/index.html (my course is starting this October) and took the Business Management and Fashion marketing course. They have a post-grad program for International Marketing of Fashion Products and offer a MBA in International Fashion Brand Management. I believe the placement rate is 85% within the 6 months after obtaining your diploma.

Hope it helps! :flower:

Hello :smile: shaking things up here again, too bad these topics are much quieter than the model ones...

I'm thinking of doing a one month course in Paris in 2013 summer. My french is rather basic but I'm a quick learner and I'd like to know more about textiles in particular before heading for patternmaking and sketching and sewing.

Perhaps any of you know something?

thanks! :flower:

From my experience up to now, I'm really liking my school, and listening to people here and fellow students who have come from other schools, Studio Bercot is pretty good. (but they don't do masters and such)

I love that in one year I have pretty much changed opinions about the whole thing. ^_^'

IFA Paris

Hi. I am looking for fashion schools in Europe that accept international students and I found online a school named IFA (International Fashion Design) Paris. Does anyone know about it? Is it good? I've been looking through the universities' posts but I couldn't find anything about it.

This is the website: http://www.ifaparis.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->