Paris fashion schools

print as in print design. don't go looking for anything resembling technology at Chambre Syndicale. There are schools that have silkscreen facilities, or even digital fabric printing facilities. If print design interests you, look for a school that has that stuff. Chambre Sydicale is a good-enough school with a prestigious name and contacts. That's pretty much it.

Ah so you're saying you don't actually do the prints or embroideries--you just design it. Thanks :smile:

ahhh..many many thanks Megan Patricia. Encore une fois :D

Your information has been very valuable, it's good to be enlightened about a place you're interested in studying, for me it's exciting to find out things about something i might be a part of. IF i get accepted. Which, i have a positive feeling about.

Are you done with LCS this year already? planning on staying in Paris when you finish?

again, thanks for the info and for taking the time.

gius- yes, we both design and make the embroideries. Anything that is done by hand we do. It's just that the school doesn't have the equipment for large-scale fabric printing. Most don't.
aldo- i am done this year- in june (light at the end of the tunnel). i want to stay in europe, not partic. attached to paris. glad to be of some help- i wished i had someone to ask about the school when i was packing my bags to come here.
:smile:

I'm torn between Studio Bercot and CSM. I was wondering about the costs of living in Paris? Is it really expensive? I stayed in London for a year and that was crazy!! Studio Bercot sent me an application and it seemed alittle too simplistic. They didn't list the requirements for a portfolio they just asked questions on my finances, and who do I want to work with. Does anyone have the lowdown?

paris less expensive than london, for sure. however, a good rule of thumb with schools is the less they ask of you the less you can expect of them. keep that well in mind.

MeganPatricia said:
paris less expensive than london, for sure. however, a good rule of thumb with schools is the less they ask of you the less you can expect of them. keep that well in mind.

Thanks, since I'm planning to stay for a number of years, I'd like to go somewhere where I'm not struggling day to day just on living expenses alone.
I was surprised to receive the application from Studio Bercot considering I have read good things about this university.

can someone give me the low down on the paris fashion institute?

is this place a joke? or is the month seminar useful?

I wanna study at Studio Bercot or Chambre Syndicale, so what's the different between this 2 school??
And I wanna ask Megan, I'm living outside European Union, Do I need to send my application form with my portfolio, because they dont reply any of my email, no matter I wrote in french or english?

^^^ I'm so with you on that. There isn't ANY information about submitting my portfolio which SURPRISED me. Studio Bercot and Chambre Syndicale are prestigious schools, I wonder why international student information is so vague?

Are there any styling certificate/programs/courses in Paris?

Any help would be great.

Hi Mathew, i remember you :smile:

These schools in Paris are a bit on the leaning side if you write them in french, and good french may be a necesity in this case. Keep in mind that classes at these two very prestigious institutes are in french, so they want to make sure that their students can at least understand what they are about to teach. I very much recommend that (if you want to study at either of these two institutes) learn french.

ESMOD has a programme in english, and while you live in Paris and say take a year of the english programme, and learn french at the same time, which they do, ESMOD english programme also teaches you french on the side. After that year your french should be quite good, and then you can apply at studio berçot or la chambre syndicale.

I'm applying at la chambre syndicale just this week, my portfolio just got finished so i'm ready.

**bites fingernails**

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone give me the low down on the paris fashion institute?

is this place a joke? or is the month seminar useful?

ANYONE?? PLEASE??

aldo said:
Hi Mathew, i remember you :smile:

These schools in Paris are a bit on the leaning side if you write them in french, and good french may be a necesity in this case. Keep in mind that classes at these two very prestigious institutes are in french, so they want to make sure that their students can at least understand what they are about to teach. I very much recommend that (if you want to study at either of these two institutes) learn french.

ESMOD has a programme in english, and while you live in Paris and say take a year of the english programme, and learn french at the same time, which they do, ESMOD english programme also teaches you french on the side. After that year your french should be quite good, and then you can apply at studio berçot or la chambre syndicale.

I'm applying at la chambre syndicale just this week, my portfolio just got finished so i'm ready.

**bites fingernails**

Hi, aldo:woot: ~
I've learned french at alliance de francaise at Hong Kong. I think I have the basic skills of french and I'm not ready for my portfolio, becoz my pre-judge of my final collection is coming~:shock: and I've lots of working to do. I think I will send my portfolio around may...and I'm not sure about the application of la chambre syndicale, becoz they didn't reply my e-mail and I've dl there application form, maybe I'll just send it with my portfolio.~

Good Luck!~Aldo

BTW, anyone know about Duperré art school??~
Check out from the web of IFM, seems a famous school at Paris.......

Matt, i didn't really do a collection, well, sort of. I have four series of sketches with each an average of 20 sketches. Another series has about 60. But they are not separated into series, as they didn't specify that to me at la chambre syndicale. Are you thinking about applying somewhere in Paris for thius year? i remember you were also interested in ESMOD, but i would try la chambre syndicale before.

I'm currently learning french right now and I'm not planning to apply until next year so I can continue learning french here. I will try to ask questions next time in frencg concerning their portfolio requirements.

Well, i got accepted at La Chambre syndicale, a couple of weeks ago. Now i'm just doing paperwork..is there anyone here who also got accepted? or that applied?

i'm really excited!

Congratulations aldo! :P I hope you tell us more about the school when your courses start. I wonder if you guys do 'petits mains' type things like embroidery... or maybe that is another French school I mix up with :doh:

Thanks!! i sure will let you know how the cookie crumbles there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->