Paris fashion schools

What if I start doing a year at ESMOD to familiarize myself with French, and then I apply for Chambre Syndicale? I need your opinions!! I am a bit lost...

Sorry for the double post, but the time for editing expired.

I guess it's too late, but... I've always heard ESMOD wasn't that good... I don't know... :innocent:
But Studio Berçot and Chambre Syndicale are very good... you also have public schools like Dupperé (sorry for bad spelling but you'll find it...), for instance Romain Kremer is from Duperré...

Mod'Art Fashion School

I tried to do some searching around this site to find answers to my questions, but I only found two individuals who mentioned Mod'Art, so I'm hoping some others will possibly have some insight for me.

I am really interested in their fashion management masters program but I'm wondering if I could even get accepted. First of all, I have no "formal" training or education in the fashion world. I'm from California and went to UC Riverside where I earned a bachelors degree in Pscyhology and Business Administration. I worked at an entertainment PR firm in LA for awhile and worked with high end fashion there, but that's as far as my training goes. Is there any hope for even getting in?

Next, does anyone know how long the program I am talking about is for? On their website it says it is a 3 term programme, but I have no idea how long that actually is (seeing as im from the US I don't quite understand the different termanology). 3 years maybe? Once someone graduates from the program, is the degree considered the same thing as a Masters here in the US?

What exactly is needed to apply? Since I'm from the US, in order to get into colleges you need tests like the SAT's, GMAT's, MCAT's, etc. Do you need any tests like that? Any recommendation letters? Any essays? I read you need a TOFEL or however you spell it score, but since I'm already proficient in English that obviously won't be a problem, haha.

Lastly, is Mod'Art a good school as far as recommendations for future jobs? Do they help you with placement at companies and such?

I tried to get some info from their website but I only got more confused, haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

thought i'd revive this thread :smile:
i'm looking for a fashion design course in paris to go this summer. trouble is, i only found programs taking place in june or july and i can only go to paris in august and september.
anyone has any suggestions? :smile:

There's another thread about summer and on line courses in C&E ( Probably no more than one page back) ... not sure if there's any info about Paris in there ... but you should ask you question there, too.

There's another thread about summer and on line courses in C&E ( Probably no more than one page back) ... not sure if there's any info about Paris in there ... but you should ask you question there, too.

no answers on either thread :(

Sorry ... sometimes that just means no ... or that no one actually has any information.

My guess is that all schools are closed in August ... since almost everyone in Europe goes on vacation for the whole month. A lot of things just close for the whole month .....

Sorry ... sometimes that just means no ... or that no one actually has any information.

My guess is that all schools are closed in August ... since almost everyone in Europe goes on vacation for the whole month. A lot of things just close for the whole month .....

i thought of this too but i hoped, you know...there are some courses in august in milan...but i don't know italian at all...

valeryblack, I had a quick look and most of the courses labelled 'summer' seem to be running in June-July. August might be a bit late because they're getting ready for the spring semester in September. I found one at Instituto Marangoni but again it's only July at the latest in Paris and Milan. They do have courses in London in August however:
http://www.istitutomarangoni.com/marangoni_summer_courses_2008/

valeryblack, I had a quick look and most of the courses labelled 'summer' seem to be running in June-July. August might be a bit late because they're getting ready for the spring semester in September. I found one at Instituto Marangoni but again it's only July at the latest in Paris and Milan. They do have courses in London in August however:
http://www.istitutomarangoni.com/marangoni_summer_courses_2008/

1. wrong time/city
2. ppl said their courses wwere't good. at least not their degree. how is their summer program?

It depends, what you want... I went to ECSCP and to Studio Berçot

1. Chambre Syndicale, I recommend doing just the 1 year draping course. If you want to learn to construct a garment, the couture way, go there...

2. Esmod is more creative, but also very technical, more RTW though

3. Studio Bercot is all about creativity with no regard to the technical basis...

It depends, what you want... I went to ECSCP and to Studio Berçot

1. Chambre Syndicale, I recommend doing just the 1 year draping course. If you want to learn to construct a garment, the couture way, go there...

2. Esmod is more creative, but also very technical, more RTW though

3. Studio Bercot is all about creativity with no regard to the technical basis...

hm, i'm looking for a summer course. couldn't find any on their website

Esmod is really expensive, what about the rest? I'm interested in Studio Berçot in particular.

i wanna study fashion journalism in paris.any good schools for it?and i speak little french...will it be a problem?
thanks

A friend (his username is Creative) is trying to post in this thread, but for some reason he isn't able to do so. Here it's his message. I hope you can help him :flower:

I don’t know what is happening but I’m trying to star a new discussion and it is impossible!!! It drives me mad!!!!!!

I’m just a teenager and I have to decide about my future.
I love fashion since I was a very little boy, I really adore it. I spend every day in reading about fashion, about designers… and I would like to try in this world.
Because of that I’m looking for fashion universities and schools.
I live in Spain, but I think that fashion here doesn’t have a good reputation, so I’m thinking of studying in France.
I have heard about ‘Chambre syndicale de la Haute Couture’ in Paris, for you to know it is where Cristina Ortiz (Ferragamo) studied. But I have not many information, just nothing. So I wonder if you have further details, for example I’m interested in costs, but I really want to know everything about it.
If you also know another school or university I will be pleased to hearing about it.

Thank you very much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I`ve been accepted at Esmod! Yeaaah!! :woot:

Now i´m trying to find someone else that is going to study
there in september... is there anyone?!

Hey, peopleeeeee.... wake uuup! :blink:

i've been accepted in berlin..also esmod!! :P but you are in paris or?

Lanvin was one of my favourite colections.

I don't know what is happening, but I only can post here. I can't start new discussions, neither reply to discussions... It really drives me mad!

So I'm going to explain here my problem.
I'm from Spain and I want to study in France, at Chambre Syndicale.
I wonder if anybody knows what the costs arte, I don't need the exact quantity, just an approximate quantity to make me an idea.
And do you know another good university in France? In Spain?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

What do you have to do if you want to study at Chambre Syndicale???

Esmod is really expensive, what about the rest? I'm interested in Studio Berçot in particular.

... like most of Parisian fashion schools. I'm french but I can't afford studying there haha.

So as I have seen the best fashion schools in Paris are ESMOD, Chambre Syndicale, Studio Bercot, Duperré... I'm right?

And anybody knows what the costs are? Do you think it would be necessary to travel to Paris and get there the iformation?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->