Parsons School of Fashion, New York

has anyone done the fashion marketing (aas) online degree? any first hand experience would be appreciated (how time intense it is, what the employment perspective is like, especially for career changers...)

Hey, I'm doing the course on campus but I have had a couple online courses, and know some people who have done the online program. From my personal experience, it is a lot of work. You have to really be on top of commenting your classmates posts and working with your group on the final project. It's definitely do-able but it is just very time consuming. Also the online students do not get all the benefits of the on campus students, because they don't have access to career fairs or internships in the city. I mean, obviously if you cannot make it to New York then online is the best option, it's just totally different than on campus. I'm sure it opens up the same doors because Parsons in itself has a reputation for having great students. If you want, you should email a student advisor and ask for their opinion as well.

Speaking of the AAS program; I read online that it's a "highly selective" one to get into. Just how selective are we talking here? Do most of the applicants have some sort of impressive fashion background, even if they weren't involved in fashion vocationally?

I just graduated this past fall from a top 50 US college with a pretty decent, but not stellar, GPA ( > 3.0) in English Literature... is it even worth my time? It seems like most of the program grads on Linkedin studied Comm or Business in undergrad...

Speaking of the AAS program; I read online that it's a "highly selective" one to get into. Just how selective are we talking here? Do most of the applicants have some sort of impressive fashion background, even if they weren't involved in fashion vocationally?

I just graduated this past fall from a top 50 US college with a pretty decent, but not stellar, GPA ( > 3.0) in English Literature... is it even worth my time? It seems like most of the program grads on Linkedin studied Comm or Business in undergrad...

Are you thinking of doing the fashion marketing program? as far as i know, a lot of the students that are in AAS have no fashion background at all, they are from all sorts of other majors, and some have 0 knowledge of fashion, they are just passionate about it. Shoot me a message if you want to know more.:flower:

Hello,
I was just curious to see if anyone here has transferred into Parsons during the Spring semester. I'm interested in applying for the Design and Business Management program in Spring 2014, and I'm just curious to know what your experience was like transferring in the Spring semester. (or just transferring in general, doesn't have to be specifically for the BBA program).
Also curious to know people's experiences in doing the Parsons Challenge. I have a couple ideas of what I'd like to do, but I really want to bounce those ideas off of people who have done the challenge before and have been successful in getting into the school.
And, if you are a person who is in the BBA program, or has completed it, I'd love to talk to you and get your perspective on the program.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I want to transfer too but i don't know if they will accept me.
I hope they do. I am transferring from Miami International University of art and Design . But if I don't get accept as a transfer student I will definitive apply for the whole program.

About 40% to 50% of the students are Asian right now. This is about the same percentage of the upcoming designers in New York City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->