Parsons School of Fashion, New York

Good luck!!!!! let us know how you go:smile:
I'm currently trying to write my essay and i'm so scared!!

Omg congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't mind me asking- What's your gpa etc like? I'm getting quite worried about my application! Im not sure if it's purely based on grades or what...

I have a 3.1 GPA, which is pretty standard in terms of marks. I do have a substantial amount of work experience in unrelated fields, as internships were a compulsory part of my university program (I'm a marketing major in business). Nothing related besides a standard sales job. Good luck to you!

Can someone please change the title of this thread to "Parsons The New School for Design" since thats the actual name of the school?

This is a bit late, but congrats shannycgirl! I found out I got accepted yesterday.. I still can't believe it! I'm also doing fashion marketing. :smile:

Are any L.A. residents going to the orientation tomorrow? ugh, I'm having trouble what to wear lol.

I've been accepted into next years AAS fashion marketing. Does anyone have any tips? Also, I'm trying to understand- is it 8 classes per week?

Congratulations Bernice!!

Are you doing the fast track program or the full 2 years (if you have an undergrad degree you can most likely have some classes transferred so you can finish in a year and a semester)

It's 6-8 classes per semester (depending on the above) - I definitely recommend taking 6 or 7, 8 is way too much and there's really no point in rushing because you learn a lot more when you have less classes to focus on. Parsons is tons of work but you learn so much in such a short time.

If there's anything else you want to know, let me know :smile: I'm in Fashion Marketing right now in my first semester so I'll try to help as much as I can!

Thank you!! :D

Are you loving Parsons? I am being considered for the Fast track program but i'm a little bit scared that I won't be able to keep up and take advantage of internships etc. One year seems so full on... In Australia we only have 4 classes per semester, so the thought of 6-8 is really scary!

What has it been like? I'm so excited!! :woot:

Congratulations Bernice!!

Are you doing the fast track program or the full 2 years (if you have an undergrad degree you can most likely have some classes transferred so you can finish in a year and a semester)

It's 6-8 classes per semester (depending on the above) - I definitely recommend taking 6 or 7, 8 is way too much and there's really no point in rushing because you learn a lot more when you have less classes to focus on. Parsons is tons of work but you learn so much in such a short time.

If there's anything else you want to know, let me know :smile: I'm in Fashion Marketing right now in my first semester so I'll try to help as much as I can!

I am! It's really great! The only thing about the fast track program and people I know in the fast track program is that it's A LOT of work.. I have tons of work and I'm only taking 6 classes this semester. Plus, you don't really get to intern as much because you can really only do one full internship (as opposed to 2 or 3) - they don't really like for students to do an internship in the first semester but I know a lot of people that do, so it's really up to you.

Thank you!! :D

Are you loving Parsons? I am being considered for the Fast track program but i'm a little bit scared that I won't be able to keep up and take advantage of internships etc. One year seems so full on... In Australia we only have 4 classes per semester, so the thought of 6-8 is really scary!

What has it been like? I'm so excited!! :woot:

Hey Guys, Hows the Associate (AAS) program in Fashion Design and AAS program in Fashion Marketing at Parsons? Is it worth going thru the program over Undergraduate and Graduate?

Would the Industry sort out for AAS Graduates?

Also, Does an International student from AAS get an opportunity to work in US after AS in Fashion Design?

I got into both FIT and Parsons for their fashion marketing/merchandising degree... i don't know what to do!! Any help is much appreciated!

Does anyone know if it is more difficult for career changers to get into Parsons AAS program in fashion marketing than it is for recent graduates? I have a B.A. in a liberal arts subject, very solid work experience in a vastly different field (government/politics...zilch hands-on fashion experience unless you count working in retail :/ ). Just toying with the thought of giving Parsons a go but do not know if I would be the right type of candidate for this particular program.

It's definitely not harder to get in if you're not a recent grad. There are tons of people in my classes that have had careers previously. Some were lawyers, teachers, in the fashion industry already but want a better grasp on it, etc.
How long ago did you graduate? I'm only asking because the recent grads tend to be able to finish sooner because some of our credits can be transferred over (it's easier to get transcripts if you just graduated, but I'm sure you could get credits transferred if you aren't a recent grad).

Hopefully this was helpful, just ask if you have any more questions :D

Thank you, that is very helpful, and good to hear that career changers are not uncommon in the program. I graduated from university three years ago, so I think it is still fairly easy for me to get my transcripts. I'm still thinking through this possible decision, and it is good to hear from someone that is actually enrolled in the program. I may have a few more questions in the coming months...appreciate your willingness to help! :flower:

Thank you, that is very helpful, and good to hear that career changers are not uncommon in the program. I graduated from university three years ago, so I think it is still fairly easy for me to get my transcripts. I'm still thinking through this possible decision, and it is good to hear from someone that is actually enrolled in the program. I may have a few more questions in the coming months...appreciate your willingness to help! :flower:

No problem at all! Just shoot me a message or comment here if you want to know anything :smile:

has anyone done the fashion marketing (aas) online degree? any first hand experience would be appreciated (how time intense it is, what the employment perspective is like, especially for career changers...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->