Peep Toe Tights

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
Could this be a new trend in the making?

They don't necessarily have to be colored (though I think that seems to be what we've been seeing lately in terms of this look)...

And they're not leggings because they cover the ankle and extend further down onto the foot, maybe under the heel?

I haven't personally worn the look, but it came up in the colored tights thread and I (like softgrey) have questions about what exactly these are, how they are worn (is it a stirrup sort of thing??)...

So, let's discuss!

Here is a pic of a girl from thesartorialist.com.. some New York streetstyle i believe...

plumzr9.jpg

and a link to our very own princessimp working the look at work :brows:

i'll see if i can dig around for any more examples of these but I'm not even sure what they're supposed to be called so we'll see if I have any luck :P

Last edited by a moderator:
SO glad this was started....

So when leggings came back the big joke was stirrup pants wouldn't be far behind. Do you think this is a leadway into stirrup pants making a comeback?

I see a difference between peep-toe tights and stirrup pants (mainly I would wear the first not the later), does anyone else?

Regardless, I'm shopping right now for a few pairs. Will post back accordingly :smile:

some marni toeless thigh high tights..

PG_20005.5368_FS.jpg

stylehive.com

some dancer stirrup tights by capezio..
shopdiscountdancewear.com

yhst-56485255880242_1970_1958147

i'm thinking the non-stirrup versions look far better...
they're more of a departure from the 80s look and I think look much better with shoes..
i think showing your bare heel and having that stirrup showing through would just look funny these days...

I have a pair, from H&M. really easy to wear, very comfy with flats.

^^do the h&m pairs have the heel cut out or just the toe area?
i'm wondering which version is more popular/prevalent..

esile just posted some from american apparel in the colored tights thread that are called "stirrup tights" and they've got the heel cut out like the capezios that i posted above..

*edit - here's a link to the american apparel page http://store.americanapparel.net/rsast.html#i

I think Prada did something similar with their knee-high socks,
but I don't know if they ever made leggings.

I wonder if people are just using footless tights and pulling them over the foot......

Well I'm short so I could LOL. But I've also seen slouchy footless tights, which would give anyone plenty of room to do that.

head up for any brits, they have these in primark for £6, hanging up with the leggings .. but they are thick tight material (if that makes sense)

I bought a pair on impulse cos they were cheap in black .. but you know i havent worn them yet .. i dont know how to wear them really tbh .. the pic posted so far have given me a few ideas thanks :flower:

^would sure like to see a pic of you wearing them :innocent: :flower:

Yay for starting the thread chrissyM.. :flower::lol:

I wonder if people are just using footless tights and pulling them over the foot......
I thought that until I saw the pics of the ones with the bare heel.. And I actually think that it looks like the girl in post #1 has done that.. Could be wrong though :unsure:

I'm going to give it a try and see if they stay put...

yes, this is what i'm doing except for a pair of stirrups that i have but basically i use footless tights and pull them over the foot

I like it on the first pic and on princessimp

for those of you who have been pulling your leggings down over the foot...
do the leggings continue to mold to your lower leg and ankle (like the girl in the first post) or do they gap away?

I guess that would only happen if it was a tough stretch..
also would probably depend on the material of the leggings..
if they are footless tights that are pulled down i can see that material hugging your legs better than cotton leggings..

yeah the girl in the sart. pic i'm pretty sure is just pulling leggings over her heel. That is the only way I will wear leggings in public really. Susie bubble started doing it ages ago and to be honest, thats where I got the inspiration from. If you get ankle length leggings it's not that hard to do, especially if you're short. My leggings actually bunch at the ankle so it's easy to pull them over my heel and wear them that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->