Pens and Instruments

Incroyable

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone spend large amounts of money on pens?

I just cannot bring myself to use ballpoint, roller ball pens. So I exclusively use fountain pens.

why? I would only use fountain pens for business transactions. Personally I do not spend any money on pens. What is the point? They are so heavy my weak little hand can't hold it. Plus I like to chew on them. No fun chewing on a metal $700 pen.

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 14 2004, 02:09 AM
why? I would only use fountain pens for business transactions. Personally I do not spend any money on pens. What is the point? They are so heavy my weak little hand can't hold it. Plus I like to chew on them. No fun chewing on a metal $700 pen.
[snapback]331696[/snapback]​

It's the same as in I really don't like digital cameras. If I had enough money I would get myself an entire set of Hasselblads.
hasselblad-203.jpg

And this Leica:
IMAG0004.JPG

Although I don't chew on pens. :wink:

No I never spend money on pens... I think I'm a pen magnet, I have a whole drawer full of them, have no idea how they got here... I guess im one of those annoying people who steal pens. :P :wacko:

Originally posted by Dark Princess@Aug 14 2004, 02:03 PM
I guess im one of those annoying people who steal pens. :P :wacko:
[snapback]331922[/snapback]​
Then I think I'm one of those annoyed people who you steal them from. :P :wacko:
I never even have one, let alone one that cost much.

Sometimes I spend lots of money on drawing pens or I get gifts, like calligraphy sets. You can get smooth writing pens that are cheap. Heavy, super expensive pens just aren't worth it to me. If I want a cool pen, I can buy some Krazy Glue and rhinestones and make it look cool.

Originally posted by Embrace88@Aug 14 2004, 12:37 PM
Sometimes I spend lots of money on drawing pens or I get gifts, like calligraphy sets. You can get smooth writing pens that are cheap. Heavy, super expensive pens just aren't worth it to me. If I want a cool pen, I can buy some Krazy Glue and rhinestones and make it look cool.
[snapback]332066[/snapback]​

I just got an OMAS 360.
360-shape-enlarge.jpg

Usually the price has more to do with the stages of production. For example that pen has over 100 stages, and is hand assembled. It is completely ergonomic.

Originally posted by Embrace88@Aug 14 2004, 11:37 AM
If I want a cool pen, I can buy some Krazy Glue and rhinestones and make it look cool.
[snapback]332066[/snapback]​
:lol:

I use fountain pens, but we used them in school when I was younger. Although I just as frequently use an inexpensive parker fountain pen...

I only use fountain pens. I had TERRIBLE handwriting as a girl, so my teacher made me take handwriting classes instead of recess. We had to use fountain pens then, so I still do now, they feel better in my hand.

I use this gorgeous silver fountain pen that my grandmother gave me when I was 15. Its just the right weight and feel, not too light that you don't know its there, and not so heavy that your hand gets tired. I get refills everyonce in awhile and its all good.

I love stationery, I could spend all day in an office supplies store. :heart:

I write with my computer, I eat with my computer, I sleep with my computer!...No, not really - but I do write with it.

Originally posted by saturnine@Aug 17 2004, 07:24 AM
I love stationery, I could spend all day in an office supplies store. :heart:
[snapback]335309[/snapback]​

me too! there's something about reams of paper and different sized envelopes and an array of coloured pens that make me go weak at the knees! :heart:

I love how fountain pens write, but they always leave my hands all blue and inky. :wacko:

I'd never buy a nice pen. I'd lose it two minutes after I bought it.... or spill ink on myself.

I have decent pens for school...inky ones I can't stand a ball point..

and I always have the oddest pencils..

I have a few expensive pens like a antique gold fountain pen and Tiffany&Co. pen...for formal occasions only..

Oh also...I have ostrich feather quills too...but those are to write letters to special people only in rare inks.

My grandma gave me an engraved fountain pen for my birthday last year. I love the way it makes my handwriting look; and when you have an eight-year-old-boy-style scrawl like me, you don't often find yourself admiring your own penmanship.

I just use cheap BIC pens. They do the job. Not that fancy looking usually, but I don't think anyone else really cares...

my grandmother gave me a rather expensive fountain pen a while back, but I never use it. I lose pens so easily (going from lecture to library to lecture, etc) that it wouldn't be good for me to have a pen that cost more than 3 or 4 pounds. I know a guy who only uses calligraphy pens to take notes in lectures with, and his writing is beautiful, but it seems a bit much just for everyday. :huh:

though, I do appreciate the idea of using nice pens. there's something a bit old-world and refined about it. -_-

The pen I carry in my purse is a replacement one for the one that came with a mid-range wallet I bought some years ago & no longer have. It's fairly plain, brushed stainless steel ... it's narrow, unlike most of the fancy pens, which I find far too fat to hold & actually write with ... and it's not too heavy, I like that too.

If I had the money, I'd be spending it on pens and other such nick-nacks.

I have a green enamel fountain pen with a gold nib upstairs that I got for my birthday one year. I have always used a fountain pen to write - though I have none at the moment, as the nib of the last one broke. Sigh.

I got a grant of £50 to spend on art materials a few weeks ago. I spent about £40 of it on like six paint brushes. They're wonderful brushes, one or two are squirrel and one is sable. I love to draw, paint and write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->