People Who Have Class

tiamaria said:
Totally agree tiffany

feel privaged your my 100 th post :heart:
it is a wonderful feeling :flower: :flower: :flower: and congrats on your 100th post :woot:

i choose:

grace kelly:
gk10.jpg

http://members.tripod.com/~gracepage/pics/gk10.jpg

however, kate winslet is my top choice for the current world.
attachment.php

(from kate winslet's thread...it's an attachment)
in every article on or interview with i've read of kate, she is honest yet discreetly private, open and funny, and seems to live a life with her family that is somehow ordinary yet extraordinary. not only is she one of our generation's best actresses and shining beauties, she posesses IMO old-school class and grace. she seems real to me, if that makes any sense; and in our plastic age, we're surrounded by people who pretend to be something they're not. i get the feeling kate winslet doesn't do that.
i admire her greatly.

lostgirl said:
I'm just interested in what criteria people are basing their selections on. I based my on Style/fashion, talent, demeanor (how they present themselves), personality (insofar as I can see from interviews and such), and overall good taste. How do others judge their picks?

I base it off integrity, manners, poise, grace, intelligence, confidence, style and grooming, elegance, and personality. They don't have to be regal, just respectable.

In terms of today's celebs, I'd say it would be a woman with talent that deserves her success. It would be someone that isn't doing things like wearing outrageous clothes or dating people for attention or fame. Someone that can do a nude scene without making it seem like p*rn- that's a classy broad.

So my pics would be:
Ashley Judd
Cate Blanchett
Gwyneth Paltrow
Jodie Foster
Julianne Moore
Kate Winslet
Mandy Moore
Nicole Kidman

gwyneth paltrow
cate blanchett
mandy moore
emmy rossum
alexis bledel
kate bosworth

This thread is great. I needed to throw in my 2 cents.

Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
Julie Andrews (yes, Mary Poppins, but she is so regal!)
Glen Close
Nicole Kidman
Anjelica Houston
Kristin Davis
Sarah Jessica Parker
Kate Bosworth
Gwenyth Paltrow
Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Reese Witherspoon
Courtney Cox
Debra Messing
Kate Winslet

Sorry if i offend anyone, but some people in here really dont know what 'class' is, you can't have 'class' NOW, lets take nicole richie for example.. i mean just a year/2years ago.. look at pics.. and now she dresses in nice clothes and suddenly she's 'classy' ?! no way ...

LeonieAlexandria said:
Sorry if i offend anyone, but some people in here really dont know what 'class' is, you can't have 'class' NOW, lets take nicole richie for example.. i mean just a year/2years ago.. look at pics.. and now she dresses in nice clothes and suddenly she's 'classy' ?! no way ...
I completely agree. That annoys me to no end!

Class I the one thing she have not got, well that and elegance.
_frederikogmary.jpg

I second that! I don't think Nicole Richie can be described as having 'class' just because she started dressing nicer. Clothes doesn't make the person!

eternitygoddess said:
I second that! I don't think Nicole Richie can be described as having 'class' just because she started dressing nicer. Clothes doesn't make the person!

I still keep thinking back to last year's fashion week when she flashed her boobs on the runway. :shock:

Since I don't know these people, I can't say how "classy" they are, but I can say what my opinions are of them:

Stevie Nicks - the woman is so good to her fans! I went to three concerts this summer and she graciously tried to shake every fan's hand who came up to the stage during her "Edge of 17" song (and I was so lucky to shake her hand twice!). A girl who lost both of her arms is a frequent backstage visitor after Stevie's concerts. She's taken a special interest in this girl, which I think is really sweet. She has also done a lot of benefit work on behalf of the Arizona Heart Institute and has made several visits to the vets who were badly injured in this war. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of her other charity works, but those two struck me first.

myfaveo2a.jpg

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy is my second choice purely because of the way she carried herself in the face of relentless paparazzi. I would've hid in my house if I were her.

black18.jpg

And finally, Angelina Jolie, for all of the work she has done to bring attention to the plight of third world countries:

DGG-001046.jpg

cosmogrl5 said:
This thread is great. I needed to throw in my 2 cents.

Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
Julie Andrews (yes, Mary Poppins, but she is so regal!)
Glenn Close
Nicole Kidman
Anjelica Houston
Reese Witherspoon
Kate Winslet
Agree with these. & Cate Blanchett. Not to mention the late great Anne Bancroft. :cry:

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Angelina Jolie .... you call a husband-stealer CLASS?

oh my god, that's something i could have said lol.
I dunno..obviously she has no class.
People- lets not FORGET,
just 2 years ago she made out with her BROTHER, had those gross sexual games with her x-husband and carried his blood around...
she was a complete psychofreak.
and now..she helps kids in africa she has class ?
dont get me wrong..it is GREAT that she does that, she has all of my great respect,..but class ? no way. she stole brad pitt from jennifer aniston ( come on.... she DID.) and is a sl*t. Just because she dresses wonderfully ( except for the leather outfits) and looks just perfect..doesnt mean she has CLASS.
period.
Class have people like: Catherine Deneuve..or Jackie Onassis, women with dignity and modesty.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, Kate Moss and Nicole Ritchie really have no class. They may be stylish but thier behaviour and attitudes set them apart.
Class is people like Marcia Cross, Nicole Kidman, Diane Keaton, Helena Bonham Carter etc IMO

I think most of people in past

Jacqueline Kennedy
Audrey Hepburn
Greta Garbo
Marlene Dietrich
Ingrid Bergman
Grace Kelly
Carolyn Bessette Kennedy
and what about Humphrey Bogart? Prefect gentleman!!!

and now:

Liv Tyler
Nicole Kidman
Chloé Sevigny

I don't think Angelina Jolie has class.
YES she is beautiful, her stylist picks nice clothes (sometimes) for her... kids etc.

BUT I want to know nothing about her sexual life, self-destruction and all the bla bla...
it is not classy!!!

Angelina Jolie .... you call a husband-stealer CLASS?

This is what I said at the beginning of my post:

"Since I don't know these people, I can't say how "classy" they are, but I can say what my opinions are of them:"

I said I admired Angelina's work for third world countries. I didn't say she was a classy woman - how could I when I don't even know her? As far as what's written in the media, I take everything with a grain of salt. Who knows what really happened in that marriage. As for her past behavior, yeah, it was loony and I remember saying so, but I'm glad she's past that and doing better things with her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onetwo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->