"Permanent" Trends?

Mink

Reaction score
What trends right now do you think will become a simple staple of most people's style, like flared jeans, denim, etc. are now?

I think skinny jeans MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT have a staying possibility.

^^^^wrong

skinny jeans are nothing more than a fad , also trends that become permanent on the basis that they appeal to a variety of people , skinny jeans look good only on skinny girls. Esp since skinny jeans can be uncomfortable for lots of people ( siwy excluded) but i honestly dont see skinny jeans living beyond 2006 or early 2007 , with new boyfriend jean and straight leg jean ( which are more wearable ) coming on the fashion horizon.

I think skinny jeans will stay in a lot of people's closets for a long time actually. I think a lot of people have fallen in love with them and won't give them up easily.

Hell yeah, my skinnies are staying... Jeans are a "permanent" trend in themselves. As far as "permanent trends" go ... I think great basics never go out of style. Bags like Chanel and Hermes are timeless. And don't forget the trench coat.

^^^ Oh, I forgot to add the longer tee... which is mroe practical and pulls your outfit together so much more than a "muffin" tee, which I doubt we'll be seeing again.

It feels so strange to wear jeans or trousers that aren't a "skinny" cut now. But I definitely prefer straight leg. As for boyfriend jeans I think they are another style that predominantly suit smaller people otherwise it just makes people look bigger than they are. When skinny jeans went out in the 80s or was it early 90s I don't know I'm not too clued up what was the style/cut that replaced them ?

Pointy pumps, they are uncomfortable, but they have existed for decades, I can be wrong tho.

Fitted blazers, they gives everyone the hourglass shape, very flatterning.

I think jewellery items like pearls and diamonds are timeless and ill always been around. regarding the skinny leg jeans I wont be letting go of mine for a while, because I am shorter (5'2) oter types seem to dwarf me even more so skinny jeans will be there to stay for me. Infact I just bought a brand new pair :smile:

I don't think there are any trends that will last forever... There are classics that'll be around for decades, maybe even longer, but trends aren't that long-lived.

Skinny jeans and big sunglasses are examples of trends that last for a few years, but eventually they aren't classics or basics in the true sense.

We need to distinguish between classics and trends here. I don't see any current trend that'll become a basic staple. (Trenchcoats are classics, pearls are too, for instance. So are the basic Hermès and Chanel bags.)

If they're trends that last forever - then we wouldn't really call them trends anymore right?

It remains to be seen whether skinny jeans will become a wardrobe staple - I too think that they won't be going anytime soon but whether they evolve to become a classic - who knows!

Ballet pumps are another thing that are classics but in the last few years have galvanised into a trend. So it can be a reverse process - classic-trend but I think ballet pumps are always gonna be staples.

sakina said:
I think skinny jeans will stay in a lot of people's closets for a long time actually. I think a lot of people have fallen in love with them and won't give them up easily.

i agree. fat people had the 90s, now it's our turn!

I think skinny jeans definitely have the potential to become a permanent part of the jean repetoire. I know I won't be giving up my large sunglasses either (not the super huge Nicole Richie ones), because I think they're so much more flattering than smaller sunglasses. And finally, I think the "classy" shorts look might be permanent because they allow older women to wear shorts without feeling like they're overexposed (and really, during the summer it's just too hot to wear long pants on many days).

That is an interesting point about reverse trends Susie.

I am also behind the skinny. The scenester wont give them up easily for a start and fashipn just loves the scenester. Second of all I find bootcut or whatever horribly footballers wives or chavvy or something. I am probably not the only one who feels those conotations. I like my jeans skinny skinny or Incubus baggy but that is it.

I think Djork may mean that 90s fashion was designed for larger people? I wont deny that the ideal is quite extreme now but those ideas were cemented in the 90s? Maybe you mean 80s and the Amazonian women?

RusshHr. said:
I think jewellery items like pearls and diamonds are timeless and ill always been around.

I hope not. I dont really see the point of Diamonds.

^^In any case, I find it an insenstive comment.....

Scensters....ah....where would fashion be.....

SiennaInLondon said:
I hope not. I dont really see the point of Diamonds.

They're pretty useful on the end of drills, if truth be known...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->