The end of skinny jeans

I still love my skinnies... but will be wearing more straight leg and boyfriend jeans.

LVizo said:
I don't like straightlegs, bootcut or flared, so to me, skinny is the only option. I'll wear them anyday anyway, fashionable or not.

well said and exactly the same for me, they are the best for my shape and the way i dress [oversized things on top ]

if you care so much as to let whats current on jeans trends completely dictate you into putting them in and out of your wardrobes, then stop wearing them. move on. there will be still be people pulling them off and looking great in them, myself included :lol:

now i want a white pair...

In Canada I still have 3 months of wearing boots so I'll keep wearing the skinnies unitll I have better shoe options. Flares and boyfriends look really bad tucked into boots...

It took me so long to feel like skinny jeans suited me, but now they're all i wear. So going to have to give flares a miss n stick to skinnies!!!

i don't think skinny jeans will disappear any time soon in my part of the world, they're practically the uniform of east london.

I wish skinny jeans would disappear. They look so good in boots, and I don't have the body to wear them. If I can't have that look noone can!

Sigh.

Seriously though, I don't think they're dying, atleast not this season. I think they suit winter and fall well because they do look so great tucked into tall boots. I'm not so keen on the summer styles.

I agree with mazzystar, it's become the standard for jeans and will stay that way for a while. Just think about it, we wore boot cut for almost ten years! Major trends like this change slowly. The skinniest styles will fade, as extremes are always a more short lived trend, but an overall narrow silhouette will stay in the mainstream for years to come.

I agree. I see them as just another way to wear jeans. I have a black pair and a pair of bell bottom flares. I love both equally. It just depends what look I'm going for on a given day.

I do however wish that it wasn't so much of a uniform for SO many girls in NY. Some diversity would be nice, that way you don't feel like part of a herd.

Well fashionable or not, I'll wear my skinnies until etenity. I'm just such a huge shoe-freak, and I must wear jeans that show my heels, hihi. With straight and or flared jeans, it's not even worth wearing fancy shoes, if you ask me...............

I like a little variety. I don't think the whole skinnyjeanshype will be over any time soon. Simply because when it comes to jeans, trends usually last a bit longer than for example, the average shoe trend. But it would be great if stores started offering some other cuts as well. I really like the flared jeans I've seen so far.

And let's face it, skinny jeans don't look good on everybody. Yet everybody seems to be wearing them by now. It's a sad thing when a trend becomes more important than feeling comfortable or dressing appropriate. So let's hope this new thing pulls through, it would save a lot of people a lot of discomfort.

THank GOD Skinny jeans are over. Maybe now they'll finally let curvy women be fashionable again. Let's bring back Cindy Crawford clones I am so tired of this ENTIRE ERA it's 1000000x worse than heroin chic ever was.

mint condish said:
THank GOD Skinny jeans are over. Maybe now they'll finally let curvy women be fashionable again. Let's bring back Cindy Crawford clones I am so tired of this ENTIRE ERA it's 1000000x worse than heroin chic ever was.

well its changing now, with the hour glass shape coming back...anyways skinny jeans are highly over rated...but those who do look good in them should wear them else find a more roomier cut so you dont end up looking like sausage casing.

kanita said:
I must say, for me cigarette leg jeans are the best, I don't think I will quit them any time soon.

Those are my very favorites... I thought I would look horrible on them but I love them!

I love my straight leg and bootcuts. If I tried them, I'd probably like the cigarette legs as well. But no skinnies for me. They look great on some people and tucked into boots but boots are not exactly suitable footwear for this part of the world.

I hope they don't go, I like them... I think people just need to find jeans that fit their body, not necessarily just the "in" jean

^^I agree...You should wear what suits you...you can still make it fashionable, but I think skinny jeans have gone beyond being a trend, as they have lasted for a few years now and don't seem to be going anywhere despite all this talk about them being over.

bootcut jeans remained popular and still do because they flatter every figure , the same is the not true for skinnies as they look good only the skinny girls. As it is , they have reached a point of saturation and though they wont disappear for a while , the denim focus has already shifted as evidenced by the higher waisted roomier cuts as seen lots of the shows.

nooo!!
i love skinny jeans! i couldn't renunce to them for nothing in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->