Personal Style Etc.

Im not sure where I learned it, but I feel like at some point I've been told not to wear different colored leather pieces together, like don't wear a brown leather bag with black leather boots...that kind of thing.
What do you guys think? Should you mix your different colored leather pieces or match the same colors?

Unless you are going for a very conservative/classic look, mixing leather colors is fine. I wear black leather shoes with a tan bag all the time, and I have honestly never given it a second thought.

There was an old fashion rule that said not to match brown and black in general, so that might be why you learned it. I have some old style books from the 30s, 50s and 60s and I am sure the authors of those would not encourage mixing leathers. Esp. seeing as wearing brown shoes and bags after 18:oO was a big faux pas, even though the shoes and bag were a very expensive alligator leather that your husband bought you and you wanted to show them off (I may or may not be paraphrasing one of the books here:wink:).If you wore a brown bag and a black shoe people would be so confused regarding what time of day it was!:lol: Imagine the mayhem!

So like Nymphaea said, do what you like :wink:

since i started snapping pics of my fave looks, it's been really helpful...
i literally forget how to dress myself once the weather changes and refer back to previous years to remind myself...
works wonders~!!!

:lol:...

i just want something i can disappear into...
i keep thinking of that giant yohji puffy coat from a couple seasons back...
the thing that was like a big duvet blanket or something...
or some big sacai parka kind of thing...

or a floor-length cape or flowing skirt...
i dunno...
i need volume...that's all i know...
like...
extreme volume...

and a hat...
maybe with flaps...
i dunno...
i just need some armour or something for this crazy freaking world...

:(

maybe that giant norma kamali sleeping bag coat?...

:unsure:

I don't know what you guys call that item, but we call it mods coat or mods parka instead of its official military name.
so, how about the padded one ?
syte now has it in black and khaki. the model makes it look like a short coat but it is definitely on the big side. especially since it's for men.

syte

Attachments

• 20171011img.jpg
    20171011img.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 9
bulletproof hoodie from the reracs ( that brand we were discussing whose logo was the brass anchor )
and also they makes their version every season.

reracs FW2017

fashionpress

Attachments

• reracs17aw_womens_69.jpg
    reracs17aw_womens_69.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 7
  • RERACS_17aw_mens_034.jpg
    RERACS_17aw_mens_034.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 6
  • reracs17aw_womens_89.jpg
    reracs17aw_womens_89.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 6
  • reracs17aw_womens_90.jpg
    reracs17aw_womens_90.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 7
thanks runner!

some good stuff there!
the RERACS long sweatshirt makes me go :shock:...:heart:...
:lol:...
i remember the anchor logo very well...

i like that big long wool coat with the side openings...
that's amazing...

i'll go have a look at the syte coat on the site...
i haven't looked at the site for awhile...

if i am honest...
i am just obsessed with the idea of something SACAI...
is there any japanese outlets or something online that have sacai for some discount cause the coat prices are really high...
i just don't know ...
i haven't seen the perfect thing...
just things that are good but not quite perfect...

:ermm:...

i think that sweatshirt is perfect though...
:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
this may sound dramatic...
but i think the reason i feel so drawn to sacai is that the garments feel slashed and then put back together very carefully...

that is a very good expression of how i am feeling at the moment...
:blush:...

this retailer still has things from a few seasons back and things from this fall already on sale.
http://lachamblanc.com/?mode=grp&gid=1130103

we can see some other pieces at this shop too, not on sale yet though.
http://store-midwest.com/category/00503/

but it may be difficult to find your perfect coat there on the above sites.
it is something big and padded/quilted rather than down, coming from some military stuff or outdoor items like mountain parka ?

special items here for reference, such as DSM exclusives, sacai x the north face, etc.
https://www.fashion-press.net/news/28426

https://www.fashion-press.net/news/35084

junya

tronica

Attachments

• JW191.jpg
    JW191.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 8
  • JW-231.jpg
    JW-231.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 8
yes- i saved a pic from this junya collection and carry it with me...
i didn't realize how much i liked it until recently...

thanks for posting all these, runner!
sorry i didn't see them until now...
:blush:

this retailer still has things from a few seasons back and things from this fall already on sale.
http://lachamblanc.com/?mode=grp&gid=1130103

we can see some other pieces at this shop too, not on sale yet though.
http://store-midwest.com/category/00503/

but it may be difficult to find your perfect coat there on the above sites.
it is something big and padded/quilted rather than down, coming from some military stuff or outdoor items like mountain parka ?

special items here for reference, such as DSM exclusives, sacai x the north face, etc.
https://www.fashion-press.net/news/28426

https://www.fashion-press.net/news/35084

there is a sacai x northface hooded sweatshirt w/nylon back (#31/38) that looks quite like the hoodie i lost...
something is wrong with the link and i cannot enlarge the image but do you think you could find out if it is around and what other colours it might come in?

anyway- it's probably sold out everywhere, which is fine...
my wardrobe budget is significantly cut back by my donations to democratic political campaigns and organizations like planned parenthood and the ACLU...

the first section of 38 is for the general sacai x northface items. the second is for the runway and lookbook shots of them.
and the third section is for the isetan exclusives. the first two items, jacket and anorak, are for men. the rest for women. no 31 is available in black/navy, navy/green, and grey/white. the price is not bad and the good thing in the isetan sacainorthface is they come without the big logo. will ask isetan if they still have the piece when they are open.

fashionpress

Attachments

• 0ys.jpg
    0ys.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
the first section of 38 is for the general sacai x northface items. the second is for the runway and lookbook shots of them.
and the third section is for the isetan exclusives. the first two items, jacket and anorak, are for men. the rest for women. no 31 is available in black/navy, navy/green, and grey/white. the price is not bad and the good thing in the isetan sacainorthface is they come without the big logo. will ask isetan if they still have the piece when they are open.

fashionpress
:flower:
thx luv...
you read my mind...:P
while i like some other pieces from this collab, the logo definitely turns me off...
black and navy would be great...
largest size possible!
oversized!!!

*isetan exclusive...v. cool... :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
urikireta (sold out :ninja:)
they don't have any of it.

it seems that some similar thing is to be available this spring, but they said it comes in one same fabric, with back panel the same as the rest.

or have you seen the next fall mens show ? it includes prefall stuff, some of which are even on male models.

I'm thinking about geoffrey b small custom jacket project. first have to choose style and fabric from the archive.

urikireta (sold out :ninja:)
they don't have any of it.

it seems that some similar thing is to be available this spring, but they said it comes in one same fabric, with back panel the same as the rest.

or have you seen the next fall mens show ? it includes prefall stuff, some of which are even on male models.

I'm thinking about geoffrey b small custom jacket project. first have to choose style and fabric from the archive.
Deja vu!!
Lol

Thx for checking that runner...
XX

This jacket sounds interesting!

I think I know the way to turn this into vujade.
let's make the start of the move earlier. :zorro:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->