Personal Style Etc.

I do too, I can't stand them, but the one thing I like about that woman is that she said she is one, and the rest of them don't.
Anyway, I don't think her attention is earned by wearing clothes that aren't supposed to be for her age, but rather for the fact that she puts on a style show.

I'm so happy to be feeling inspired again, style-wise. All thanks to a character on Glee :lol:

I am loving blouses, pencil skirts and cardigans more than ever, now matched with mary jane pumps and gorgeous unique necklaces and bracelets. I'm also attempting to inject more colour into my wardrobe but we'll see how that goes...

sounds like you're inspired by the teacher?...
:P

Why not? As long as she's comfortable.. I admire more a woman with wrinkles than a botox-stuff person who thinks that she looks younger and therefore can wear whatever she really wants without looking off.. Anna has a healthy looking body and pulls of anything, even if it is only for attention-seeking. The only thing you need to have in order to wear whatever you like is confidence.
that really isn't true...
just because you wear something with confidence...doesn't mean you look good in it...
you could be a very confident clown...and look quite ridiculous...

annd dello russo is gross, imo...
it hurts my eyes and my head to look at her...
and there is NOTHING about that TAN that is healthy!...
:yuk:

it's true, age shouldnt be a limit to your style, but sometimes you just got to dress age appropriate.

that really isn't true...
just because you wear something with confidence...doesn't mean you look good in it...
you could be a very confident clown...and look quite ridiculous...

annd dello russo is gross, imo...
it hurts my eyes and my head to look at her...
and there is NOTHING about that TAN that is healthy!...
:yuk:

I dind't say you will look good, I'm just saying that "looking good" shouldn't be more important than feeling good. I admire people with overweight that wear tiny bondage dresses which surely would enter the "not appropiate" list.

oh ok...i see...
well...i guess if you don't care about looking good...then that's different...
but i don't see why anyone would put time and effort into looking bad...
most people do that without even trying...
:P...:wink:...

but i definitely agree that feeling good is the most important thing...
i guess some people just feel good when they get loads of attention...
no matter if it's positive or negative...
but i think that is actually a sign of insecurity...
and not confidence at all...
^_^

I really have to start wearing colour. I wore a lilac cardigan one day a couple of weeks ago and the first thing two of my flatmates said as they saw me is "You're wearing colour! You should do that more often" :huh: Buying colour is so much more stressful than black/grey/dark blue, though.

i should start wearing colors too ^ i usually just wear natural colors like black, white, nude.

eh..people use to say that to me all the time as well...
but eventually it got to the point that when i did wear colour they all said...

OMG!...you're wearing COLOUR?!...
*in shock*...

whatever...you can't please everyone...
now i just wear what i like and what feels good...
and no one says anything except that they like what i'm wearing...
:lol:...

i really have to do some alterations...
either get someone to pin stuff so i can do it myself...
or take them somewhere...
but it is ridiculous to have all these clothes hanging around that i cannot wear because they need altering of some kind...
:judge:...

Yes, that is extremely off-putting. I must admit I end up wearing things with holes.. Last vacations I spent all three months just sewing all the things I had stocked up and unwearable because of the holes or lack of buttoms, etc, and I COULDN'T FINISH!!!!:blink:
All the things that need to be sewned to get back to the closet pile up to half a meter, and the worst part is that I look the other way and raise the tolerance of destruction, so the ones that are aside for repair are COMPLETELY UNWEARABLE. But if I had zero tolerance I'm out of clothes!!!!:doh::ninja:

Does anyone else not have a 'summer' style? I love layering and the majority of my clothes are black/muted colors. So in the summer, I wear as little fabric as possible to keep from melting :innocent: Forever living in denim cutoffs.

nice topic

I'm having a hard time coming up with my personal style

I love the 1920s and Victorian/steampunk and glam rock style, but i have no idea how to mesh those together. any suggestions would be awesome

Zoe

^^just experiment...play dress up...have fun with it and eventually you will find what works for you...

i have to say that whenever i feel kind of tired or not in the mood to do something...
the more i dress up, the easier it is for me to get through the day...
my favourite clothes really do help me to feel better...
and this never ceases to amaze me...

:P

how is it that i do not own a pair of combat boots...?!?

:huh:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->