Pierpaolo Piccioli - Designer

Well, from bad to (a very little) less bad...I wonder what colour PPP will choose to baptize his Fendi (because that´s what he always does).
I believe Fendi has that golden-yellow colour they use for packaging. They just never really pushed it as aggressively as Bottega Green or Pink PP in the marketing or merchandising though.

All birds of the same unremarkable feather. Kim, Matthew, MGC, the Ancora clown, Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro, Virgine.. We’ve suffered a lot.
I would keep a special place for Virgine lol..... she been in the came much longer as nr 2.
And most importantly she never pretend to be more intellectual or cooler or smarter then KL or any one for a matter of fact she just did her job.
While the others talk and present ideas like it's the new testament

I would keep a special place for Virgine lol..... she been in the came much longer as nr 2.
And most importantly she never pretend to be more intellectual or cooler or smarter then KL or any one for a matter of fact she just did her job.
Yes she has never been pretentious or sounded intellectual or fashion savior a la Raf Simons or Demna...but to be that terrible after spending 30 YEARS as the right hand of the most skilled and influential creative director / designer OF ALL TIMES...come on. Virginie's tenure will always be remembered with one single word: MATRONLY.

Tbh, except Eric Wright and Herve Léger, Karl never really had good number 2 weirdly. Gilles Dufour was a flop on his own, so was Arnaud Maillard and as we saw…Virginie.

But yes, she was humble. But I think, unlike a lot of number 2, she never really wanted the position and the spotlights.

Karl has had a lot of close collaborators who eventually went on their own or simply left to have their glory elsewhere but Virginie has followed him for 30 years from Chloe to Chanel without any ambition. It might be rare but she had no ego (and no talent too).

I read last week that his inheritance issues were settled. As he named Virginie as one his heir, I’m sure she is somewhere living calmly, enjoying the millions she earned at Chanel and that Karl left for her.

filippo grazioli > ppp for fendi
Filippo for Fendi would be so great!
His contract ends this year so if he doesn’t continue at Missoni, Fendi would be great!!!!!

LVMH loves stars designers though.

FENDI only needs one person and that person is ALESSIA PELLARINI, Karl's right hand at Fendi from 2012.
The Fall 2019 couture collection (which she designed) was probably the most opulent and luxurious collection from Fendi, even better than Karl dare I say.
The Fall 2020 collection was epic too with the coats with the padded oversized sleeves.
Too bad she got beef with Kim Jones (of course...) and they got rid of her.

Tbh, except Eric Wright and Herve Léger, Karl never really had good number 2 weirdly. Gilles Dufour was a flop on his own, so was Arnaud Maillard and as we saw…Virginie.

But yes, she was humble. But I think, unlike a lot of number 2, she never really wanted the position and the spotlights.

Karl has had a lot of close collaborators who eventually went on their own or simply left to have their glory elsewhere but Virginie has followed him for 30 years from Chloe to Chanel without any ambition. It might be rare but she had no ego (and no talent too).

I read last week that his inheritance issues were settled. As he named Virginie as one his heir, I’m sure she is somewhere living calmly, enjoying the millions she earned at Chanel and that Karl left for her.

Filippo for Fendi would be so great!
His contract ends this year so if he doesn’t continue at Missoni, Fendi would be great!!!!!

LVMH loves stars designers though.
Valentino, Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were the best in terms of mentoring young talents and making them grow:
From Valentino we got Pierpaolo and Maria Grazia
From Tom Ford we got Clare, Frida, Alessandra, Phoebe, Peter Hawkings
From Marc Jacobs we got Demna
From Karl we can say we had an early Alessandro Michele and Frida as they both worked at Fendi before leaving for Gucci LOL

Valentino, Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were the best in terms of mentoring young talents and making them grow:
From Valentino we got Pierpaolo and Maria Grazia
From Tom Ford we got Clare, Frida, Alessandra, Phoebe, Peter Hawkings
From Marc Jacobs we got Demna
From Karl we can say we had an early Alessandro Michele and Frida as they both worked at Fendi before leaving for Gucci LOL
I would have said Tom Ford and Nicolas.
From Tom, we had: Stefano, Frida, Alessandro, Clare, Stefano, Milan Vukmirovic, Christopher Bailey, Francesco Costa, Francesco Russo, Vanessa Seward, John Ray and yes, Peter Hawkings.

From Nicolas we had: Bouchra Jarrar, Sébastien Peigne, Barnabé Hardy, Natacha Ramsey Levi, Julien Dossena, Nicolas Di Felice, Charlotte Chesnais.

Regarding Karl, I think everybody who worked in Italy worked at Fendi at some point. Pierpaolo and MGC also worked at Fendi. Vincent Darre was Karl’s assistant at Fendi. But I think the best talents who came from Karl were Herve Léger and Victoire de Castellane. But a lot of fashion Parisian girls started with Karl at Chanel.

Marc Jacobs: Demna, ok but Peter Copping , Julie de Libran, Camille Miceli and to some degree Kim Jones.

Roberto Cavalli also was great for young designers. I think about Olivier Rousteing, Peter Dundas or Lorenzo Serafini.

Then you someone like Yvan Mispelaere who went to Valentino, Prada, Gucci (under Frida), Chloe (under Phoebe) and Valentino again under PPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novaeworld
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->