Valentino F/W 09.10 Paris

00070h-2--2009.03.10.19.13.07.469503_base.jpg
00080h-1--2009.03.10.19.12.51.2258694_base.jpg

00090h-3--2009.03.10.19.12.34.2269824_base.jpg
00100h-2--2009.03.10.19.12.18.290976_base.jpg

00110h-2009.03.10.19.11.59.2339369_base.jpg
00120h-2009.03.10.19.11.43.1713213_base.jpg

The only thing I like is the green dress with the thigh high slit on Natasha, and even thats horrible.
And also the hair and makeup. Its sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
idk why they insist on being so heavy handed. old valentino had a lot of work put into it, but when he wanted stuff could look as light as air

Valentino is a house still transitioning from the imposing aura of its legendary founder. On the creative front, that has created no small level of high-profile upheaval: The will-he/won’t-he retire chatter that followed Valentino for months prior to his grandiose 40th anniversary celebration; his ultimate retirement; the brief tenure of Alessandra Facchinetti; her abrupt dismissal, followed by the installation of Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli at the house’s design helm.

The two accepted the appointment with the hefty mandate to be true to the spirit of Valentino while pushing the house forward, which typically means attracting a younger audience, but in this case, not repeating the mistakes of Facchinetti, whatever those might have been. Most importantly, the pair would have to negotiate the sizable leap from accessories maestros to full-on major-house fashion designers, and debut their learning process during the haute couture, no less.

That baptism proved rocky, with a far-too reverential debut. For the ready-to-wear collection Chiuri and Piccioli showed on Tuesday, they determined not to repeat the same mistake, offering the first glimmer of their own stylistic identity. First hint: a fresher beauty look for their models — hair, down and pretty, makeup on the light side — an air transferred to the clothes, in which they took the renowned Valentino glamour quotient down a notch or two. The designers opened with group of polite dresses in emerald green, red and acid yellow interspersed with black. Though unfettered, these were interestingly cut and seamed, signaling that, lightening up aside, the designers have no intention of going plain. Thus, the swagger of a constructed cape, coats with deep fox cuffs and plenty of surface decoration, whether in a moody nature print or ample crystal embellishment, which for day turned up in a jeweled camel cardigan worn with trousers and a terrific long ombréd mink vest.

Evening featured columns and draped-bodice gowns in shades of turquoise, marigold and wine, along with black. While not showstoppers, these were plenty appealing, the kind of controlled evening looks to which many women relate. It all added up to a necessary step in the right direction.

wwd / march 10, 2009

Not cohesive, but there are beautiful pieces that are very understated, to the eye their simple, but when you look closer the fabrics are beautiful, and it just what woman need. Beautiful clothing, simple, their investment pieces. I like it. Not love, like.

Oh, that WWD review is BS...'they have the right idea...the models had such nice hair and make up! What a step in the right direction!'

an air transferred to the clothes, in which they took the renowned Valentino glamour quotient down a notch or two

Why the HELL would you do that to Valentino? Why would you de-glamourise anything? It's stupid and cruel.

Two words come to mind: embassy ladies...:doh:

The makeup is very nice though...

Valentino is probably one of the EASIEST houses out there to design for. His aesthetic is clear and straightforward.

They did a very...bland job of it.

Lol wut :lol:

Everything is hideous about this. Were they inspired by the beauty of medusa? That would explain these tacky bling bling serpant accessories which are stuck on everything. It's a mix of ODLR and Donatella circa 2005 - and styled by Kimora Lee Simons.

00120h-2009.03.10.19.11.43.1713213_base.jpg

style.it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh,those green pieces are terrible.The whole collection is boring.

As someone who loves coats I've gotta say these are some of the most unflattering (and I'm sure quite expensive) coats this season.
Here, the addition of fur to the hems or sleeves adds nothing but weight, no elegance whatsoever.
I earnestly hope Valentino takes another direction cuz this is certainly not it

I HATE that blue dress on Freja!! It's just pure ugliness. I usuallu love anything with a dramatic slit but that is just unflattering.

I hate the way the fur is tacked on, as if it will save the pieces somehow.

And some of these looks are campy like Dame Edna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->