Valentino F/W 09.10 Paris

I'd wear some of the clothes, but I wouldn't expect to make a difference.

This is so thouroughly uninspired that it makes you yawn with every new picture. This house has come a long way downhill ever since Mr Garavani left and I suspect this to be the bottom of things.
But I trust the new ones have a surprise or two up their sleeves and can make it even worse.
Close down Valentino.

I was expecting the worst... and I've just seen it:sick:

I don't think this is more 'Valentino' then Alessandra... Valentino is always timeless, ultra-elegant, and classic w/ power, a bit of seductiveness, romantic and most importantly, delicate. But THIS thing doesn't belong to any of these above...

It's either thoughtless, super boring, or terribly hideous. (esp. that leopard coat, glitters, and furs...:yuk:) It looks like Valentino Work In Progress, or they just collected what Mr. Valentino had thrown away decades ago and showed it all together...:( (I know I sound like Michael Kors but this is the most polite version of my opinion...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgusting:sick:
Everything is so ugly and not Valentino at all...and seriously...was Alessandra's collections worse than this sh!t?
I don't think so

i LOVED the Cathy Horyn review. of course she could've been a bit more harsh, but as warhol said: what's important is not what they say about you... "just measure it in inches" :wink:

As someone who loves coats I've gotta say these are some of the most unflattering (and I'm sure quite expensive) coats this season.
Here, the addition of fur to the hems or sleeves adds nothing but weight, no elegance whatsoever.
I earnestly hope Valentino takes another direction cuz this is certainly not it

Agree, it's striking how slapped-on the fur looked. Like some industry type walked up & said, $100K to put some fur on all your cloth coats :ninja:

^^ if what we hear is true, you soon will!! she's under tom's umbrella now, no?

^ I hadn't heard that--that would be perfect! I must say I appreciated her work for Valentino more than Gucci from a personal standpoint ...

^^me too. her gucci seemed a bit immature maybe? but she certainly grew up before taking valentino! god do i love her collections... i still cant believe she was fired! bloody egomaniac valentino!!

I'm with the both of you. I preferred her work at Valentino, but I think it was really just the case of maturing and figuring out her own personal style.

I'm happy that she's with Tom Ford...but I mean, I wish she could be on her own, because Tom will overshadow her simply because of his personality. Although, I do think it's an interesting match, because, in a way, I consider her vision Tom Ford-esque in that everything she did was extremely precise.

EUGH. The colors are so dull and disgusting. And those dresses/coats with the random glop of fur on each side makes the models look like their arms go all the way down to their knees. Hideous! those designers should be shot! It's like..old lady from the 60's.

The funniest part of this, is that Valentino himself wanted to get rid of Alessandra and put these two on charge...he must be crying right now :P

Alessandra truly was chic and modern...it was something new
this is like old ladies clothes, nothing new or inspirational...not even the hair

Maybe they should just close the house down...it is over

The funniest part of this, is that Valentino himself wanted to get rid of Alessandra and put these two on charge...he must be crying right now :P

Alessandra truly was chic and modern...it was something new
this is like old ladies clothes, nothing new or inspirational...not even the hair

Maybe they should just close the house down...it is over

I have been thinking these clothes might be best appreciated by those with failing eyesight :ninja: Whoever said Dame Edna is probably onto something :innocent:

Assuming Alessandra & Tom are going to do something together, I'm hopefully that he will just let her do her thing ... was that his style before with other designers at Gucci Group, or was the situation too different to compare?

Some people just never learn, the last collection from these two accessory designers were dowdy disasters, and now this incoherent and decrepit odorous mess. Yes I see the archives are from an old woman's closet, even Jackie O couldn't make this look good.

Oh wow.....I cant believe the hostility here. I mean yeah sure this is like not even 1% of what Valentino used to be. In fact I bet Valentino is proabably sitting on his $1000000 rocking chair right now crying and sobbing at this bluush!t and wishing he'd just closed the label down.
But seriosuly come on! I find this better than Allesandra's work, its much closer to Valentino than her.
Either way, no matter who theyre gonna bring in to design fro Valentino in the future we are ALL always going to complain because no one is gonna be as good as the original Valentino.

RIP.

Do you seriously think that this is better than Alessandra's work?... Of course this is much much closer to Valentino, and maybe that's why it's so wrong. If Valentino was already being tacky, this is waaaaay worst because it's not just tacky, it's tacky trying to be tacky.

Agreed
This is nothing compared to what she designed :(

I can't agree more. I was so shocked when i found out she was gone.
This show doesn't look Valentino at all..i don't like it. I still don't get it. Alessandra's designs were soo beautiful...then why she's now only doing accesories??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->