Valentino F/W 09.10 Paris

did anyone else see the style.com video?

i felt like it took a lot of jives at Alessandra.

did anyone else see the style.com video?

i felt like it took a lot of jives at Alessandra.
Very much so...I can so imagine the two dolts sitting around the studio (because I can imagine they do a lot of sitting...they clearly don't have much work to do since all of their work has been done for them) cracking Alessandra jokes all day.

you'll need sound. it's like a short tv show. style.com has the video on their site and a part of the itunes podcast. most of the people interviewed in the video just talk about the new designers. lots of sneeky stuff is said along the lines of "these designers have a great opportunity" "these designers know how to respect the house" etc

^^I definitely agree with you nyc. I thought the part that was definitely kind of sneeky was when they said something to the affect of "The romantic is out, romantic is out, romantic is out. We are not romantic". I'm pretty sure that everyone would agree that Allessandra's collection for Valentino were very romantic I'm sure it was said in quite a few reviews.

This collection really falls flat. It really seems as if the proportion is all wrong and the fit is just horrible. And even if I didn't like a Valentino gown while Valentino was still there, the fit was always perfect.

^ Very bad karma ... and it looks like it came right back to them in the reviews :innocent:

i remember the "romantic is out" part... did she say they are more like... contrete? :ninja:

^^Yeah..."concrete"...'cause this collection looks so grounded, practical and contemporary.:rolleyes::innocent:

Concrete...please...this collection is about as concrete as cotton candy.

^ Well, I certainly found it heavy, maybe that's what they meant :innocent: Next season, the much-talked-about 'concrete shoes' :lol:

^^It certainly looked heavy as concrete...and by cotton candy I meant it had about as much substance as cotton candy!

Oh dear, these people are worthless.

So sad...I was such a fan of Valentino...this collection just feel so stale, nothing fresh at all. I don't feel like they have captured the elegance of the house.

Why did Alessandra leave? Her work was truely a designer who wanted to design.

This collection was tacky, fabrics looked cheap, models looks twice their size so imagine how normal people will look. Too much fur which look bulky, too much crystals on coats. No color scheme just like the couture collection.

A very dissapointing collection to Valentino fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the fact, that everyone's missing Alessandra and I also love that this collection is being boycotted.

Everyone can copy the archives. Alessandra gave something fresh, which I love.
I want her to do a kickass, critical acclaimed, successful collection for another house so these stupid valentino people can realize their mistake

Like some industry type walked up & said, $100K to put some fur on all your cloth coats :ninja:

Something you discovered that actually happened to everyone :lol:

Well out of suicidal boredom I decided to watch the show on the website.
I can't say I hated the clothes . . they were okay (tbh, I was more interested in how they kept so wrinkle-free . .) but what I saw was a novice collection - it was strange . . like, not an experimental graduation collection but more . . aseptic. In the bad kind of way.
I think that must have been the archive-Valentino guidelines seeping through - if an old building falls down and then is rebuilt, you can never get back the old worn staircase and damp smell that used to make the house what it was . .
Even if they did have some inspiration for a collection I should imagine they'd be pretty damn scared to use it . . one day they might be reading style.com and discover that they'd been dropped from the House of Valentino a month previously . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->