00220m.jpg
00230m.jpg

00240m.jpg
00250m.jpg

00260m.jpg
00270m.jpg

style

I like this more than all of their Haute Couture collections lol

The collection starts to get better but as a whole its still not good. I can clearly see where they are talking ideas from past Valentino garments but when you do that the garment is supposed to be modern and updated some of these peices look like they are from the 60's. The best ones in the collection is the black lace ball gown (which they keep doing) the dress woth the side ruffle (which I actually like) and the final dress would be good if flowers looked more like flowers and not fresh picked cotton.

They are trying way to hard to be modern and fresh. They need to stop trying and actually start DOING. This sub par work cant cut it. I have to wonder f they actually look at the work that they are doing and then lookmat the work the brand hand done before they came. Its a very huge gap in terms of quality and design. Even though I dont really like them I will continue to hope they do better...lets see what happens in the next week:innocent:

This is funny because it is so bad. Honestly where is the sophistication and poise that was once Valentino, it can still be young without looking disgustingly cheap. What is this leather in a resort collection? Looks like a pleather car seat. There's nothing left of old Valentino and this upsets me. How is this brand making money anymore?? Its such a shame.

it's actually quite good. i love how feminine the pieces look, the lace, even though that they use it all the time, fits well here. that green lace trench is so gorgeous! the ball gowns are good too, especially the last one...i love the flowers. omg and the black ballgown is amazing.

but there are so many things that irk me...i'm really tired that they always use the same elements though. lace, ruffles, feminine pieces, bows, see-through fabrics...if they will give the brand some creativty and freshness, they need to do something new. also the camel pieces are awful, i'm tired of seeing camel everywhere and i'm developing anger towards camel.

I won't say it's a great collection, but some of these clothes are pretty cute. I really like the mix of lace and leather.
I don't care if the designers are not doing what Valentino usually showed to us during his career, but I believe that they want to show us a new and fresh aspect of Valentino philosophy that was quite very classy and canservative. Even if their first collections haven't been acclaimed as hoped, I think that they're going in the right direction.

I find the collection very funny and ridicolous because Chiuri & Piccioli first say they want to change Valentino aestethic blah blah and then comes with a super outdated Valentino Garavani himself inspired collection
Tons of tulle,Jacquelyn Kennedy inspiration,cute flowers and bow appliques everywhere,even in the underwear,long ball gowns,tailored pants circa '50...this is could be a 1960 collection if you ask me
Where's the edgy and new strong side of the Valentino woman??...in these clothes I just see my grandma

^ I agree. When it comes to them trying to use the Valentino archives for insperation they always miss the mark. Its either some crazy out of left field collection like the spring couture colection or its extremly literal and dated like this collection. I cant see this collection selling to women who would want to wear modern clothes. Valentino said it his self in a Vouge interview "they try way to hard to be cool" this collection proves that. At some point the Valentino Group needs to realize that they dont know what there doing. I cant even imagine that Valentino has the same client base that it used to. This leaves very littile to be desired for the up coming couture collection, but lets see what happens

they should have started and stopped with those prints. i do love that rose vest however.

If I could afford it I would buy all the clothes from this collection. Such a beautiful, romantic and sweet collection in my opinion. Thanks so much for all the pictures. I would love to see HQ's of this.

I don't like it, but it happens the same to me with the HC fluor show... and now.. I almost love it.. so.. let's wait.

I still hate all the leather pieces, look so cheap.

I don't really like it. When I think of Valentino I think romantic and classic.

I know this thread is kind of old but I hate it that this collection has been criticized so much.. I agree the lookbook doesn't do much for the clothes but they are all really gorgeous in person and translate beautifully into real life.

Attachments

• 4c35153d7b0b4.image.jpg
    4c35153d7b0b4.image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1
  • profimedia-0076527557.jpg
    profimedia-0076527557.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 09_AshleyGreene.jpg
    09_AshleyGreene.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics