Pop Fall/Winter 09.10 : Tavi Williams with Artwork by Damien Hirst

I don't see the problem with having a good blog at 12, there is no age for passion and as for the eye, either you have it or you don't... regardless how old you are.

I don't follow her blog but it seems to me that one of the main reasons why she is so 'famous' is because she is 12/13. She looks like a little kid dressing up in her mothers clothes and if she were in her late teens or even early twenties, I don't think people as many people would fawn over her for her style. Pop used to be a great magazine and it's a shame that they've surrendered themselves to something I would expect Nylon, Jalouse or something similar would do.

Yeah she deosnt deserve a POP cover.
I feel like, violated looking at a child on a cover of an grown up magazine.

My latest twitter: Gross, Tavi on the cover of Pop. What's next? My dog on the cover of Vogue Paris? So disappointing.

Don't her parents just write that blog & dress her up for it?

:lol:

oh god i hope tavi doesnt read this thread!!! i dont like her blog either but i think some people are being pretty horrible. i mean...shes only little. :lol:

Oh god... it couldn't be any worse than what they do to her on FASHINFAGS!

This is like, exploitation..I feel so dirty looking at this.

I'll get it. But i will NOT read it in public.

^I don't see anything scandalous about the cover, why would it be so shocking for you too read it in public?

don't care about this girl, but the cover is not bad. I like the butterflies in the background

oh god i hope tavi doesnt read this thread!!! i dont like her blog either but i think some people are being pretty horrible. i mean...shes only little. :lol:

I think if you put your work out there, you have to be prepared for people to have an opinion on it - whether your work is your face, your style or your words, whatever age you are.

Everyone has to learn how best to deal with feedback, and if the reactions are more than someone can handle, then that's the moment for them to step back until they reach the point where they can get something constructive out of the 'white noise' of comments and reactions. Human nature isn't going to change, but someone's ability to withstand it can grow stronger - and learning how to do that is an essential part of successfully sharing yourself with the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
And KateIsGr8 ... come on. At that age, a year and a grade makes a pretty damn big difference.

Oh ok, well not to everyone. Besides her age, this is just ridiculous. There are so many other talented people in fashion. Designers, models, actresses, and singers. Many of them have their own unique style as well. So why this unknown?!

She could even have a tFS account. :ninja:

^I don't see anything scandalous about the cover, why would it be so shocking for you too read it in public?

don't care about this girl, but the cover is not bad. I like the butterflies in the background

Some 12 year old on the cover of a magazine looking so sad and vulnerable.
And a grown up reading that, a few eyebrows may be raised.

"Why is he reading a magazine with a child on the cover"

She could even have a tFS account. :ninja:

She does. And I can't believe I was the one who gave it to her. :ninja: But she doesn't use it that much.

Oh god... it couldn't be any worse than what they do to her on FASHINFAGS!

I can't be the only one who NEEDS to see this!

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Guys, come on. Fashion blogging is expanding beyond the borders of their websites, reeling into the fashion world itself. When blogs get this big, there comes a line you cross with exploitation you shouldn't cross, but this is by no means it. Take a look at all of these obscenely popular blogs of girls and women alike in conventional clothing, using their success as a marketing and advertising ploy for large clothing franchises; for example, insinuating you purchase item x so the large corporate honchos will give it to them to wear for free. Tavi has by no means crossed that line. She is a young girl with an opinion on fashion, at a time when fashion is being expanded into a cultural and societal epidemic, with the internet being a major instigator. She dresses the way she feels and embraces her idiosyncrasies. She is a style icon of sorts, merely because she wears things which some of us frankly don't have the balls to wear, regardless of age. She is fierce beyond all measures. So why shouldn't she be on the cover of this magazine? She is an inspiration, no matter her age. If I saw the brilliant Susie Bubble, the only other blogger I consider on terms with Tavi's improvisational outfit skills, on the front of POP I would be saying the exact same thing.

Furthermore, I agree with others have said: she has much more reason to be on this cover than a generic actress, singer or model. There would be much less of a fuss if it was one of them because we are so used to seeing women and men with those labels in the public eye. POP isn't even a widely known magazine. I'd understand if Tavi was a magazine considered more for the general public, but it isn't. Plus, like I said, fashion blogging has blown up to extraordinary heights in the past few years; you're probably going to have to get used to seeing them on the cover of obscure fashion magazines. 'Fashion blogs' are probably most fashion-obsessed individuals source of style inspirations nowadays. I'm sure everyone on these forums reads at least one fashion blog a day, if not every so often.

Lastly, I honestly don't know what most of you have with this blogger in particular, if you think she's pretentious or overrated or whatever, but regardless. She is an inspiration in fashion and you all know it. She deserves the cover.

I agree with Rodarte. I think if it was somebody that was older doing the same thing, the blog wouldn't be this popular.

I can't agree with you, Treefingers, but i see what you mean. :flower:
Honestly, i prefer Susie Bubble and Bryan Boy much better than Tavi. But that's my taste...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->