Ports 1961 S/S 2021 : Rianne van Rompaey by Steven Meisel

I was going to say that I hated the eyebrows and then I saw the portrait... creepy af and I love it! :D

Wish there were colored shots, but I love it! The close-up portrait and first picture are terrific. Ports 1961 campaigns have become a highlight of each season since they started working with Meisel. A wise decision, wish more would follow suit!

Usually I am sceptical about Rianne, but this I love, it's the Meisel magic as usual, he makes the models to actually do their jobs!

Rianne in a league of her own as always - can’t think of anyone in the top 5 highest paid models who could do this - oh how standards have fallen

Joan Smalls & Karlie Kloss (the one that actually in the top 5) said hi. Rianne is good, but she is not the only good model that still working right now, just saying.

Last edited:
Joan Smalls & Karlie Kloss (the one that act6in the top 5) said hi. Rianne is good, but she is not the only good model that still working right now, just saying.

Considering Rianne is in what I could assume to be a romantic relationship with Freja, they have a potential to be a massive Supermodel LGBTQ+ couple! I'm desperate for a documentary on their relationship :stuart:.

But agreed, Karlie and Joan are untouchable among other names! (and it's a good their untouchable during a pandemic, so they won't get the virus :lucky:).

Joan Smalls & Karlie Kloss (the one that actually in the top 5) said hi. Rianne is good, but she is not the only good model that still working right now, just saying.
Tbf forgot they are actually in top 5 I know karlie is but I don’t think Joan is as much as I’d love her to be.

Wow Rianne is really slaying it as usual! But the bleached eyebrows are a big no for me...

it’s classic Meisel, finally, because even himself has had a couple of unfortunate misses lately.

I love black and white photography but when it comes to advertise clothes, it’s always a bit of a waste IMO...

nevertheless, it’s very good.

it’s classic Meisel, finally, because even himself has had a couple of unfortunate misses lately.

I love black and white photography but when it comes to advertise clothes, it’s always a bit of a waste IMO...

nevertheless, it’s very good.

I agree Rianne and the photography are strong here, but I'm not being sold with the clothes, which should be the main point of an ad campaign.

I guess it was shot remotely. Much better than last season which felt a bit phoned in. Rianne is Rianne, I'll always have respect for her modelling skill and graft, especially when she's shot by the right team. Perhaps a more colorful, less dramatic vibe would have suited the collection better though.

Look at how much stronger a typical Meisel studio shoot is with GOAT Templer as right-hand man (and of course Fabien) than with the EIC of UK Vogue though. Although to be fair, both men have done some amazing work with Steven over the years.

Have to say I like their new logo.

Rianne is stunning per usual.

Assuming this was photographed by Meisel remotely, but the results are far superior than that of Louis Vuitton's Alma handbag campaign! This is a thousand times better, far more sleek and sophisticated. The black and white, styling efforts and sole casting of Rianne does wonders.

I don't see anything Meisel-ish in this work. It works only by Rianne's work and Pat's makeup
Doesn't make it any worse, but Alma bags and this campaign is not showing any Meisel's magic for me

Joan, Karlie and Irina were the last supers. Luna, Vittoria, Adut and Grace Elizabeth are the most close to the supers now, but they aren't so popular as the first group (the first lnstagirls! Hahaha). Rianne is oustanding, but she's more editorial like Mica. Is she the best? Of course, or one of the best today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->