Prada F/W 13.14 Milan

let's not get too far off topic here with the real vs fake fur discussion...

and please remember, this thread is for discussion about the collection, not the models who walked down the runway

thanks! :flower:

I love the fact that she used Vichy for winter and it works!

There's nothing interesting here, nothing new at all, and even the retro 50s design, shapes and tailoring aren't anything to write home about. The mixed skirt panels, beaded ones especially, is too "Dior" for comfort. I'm going to be the contrarian here again. At least last season had a bit more effort with 3-D flattened flowers and spare 60s tailoring.

I can't see why this collection is being raved about, at all. All of the clothes are exactly the same.. what is this? J.W. Anderson for Prada?
The same asymmetric skirt, the same ruched forearm cuff, the same coats and dresses, all just varying in fabric.
The jackets, especially in the exotic skins, are desirable as much as Marc Jacobs' jackets were desirable in New York - wearable, excellent quality, but dull and done to death.
I liked the caught in the rain styling, and the interesting set, but the clothes..?

Side note: all of the fur and exotic leathers in the clothes and bags are clearly real.

I can't see why this collection is being raved about, at all. All of the clothes are exactly the same.. what is this? J.W. Anderson for Prada?
The same asymmetric skirt, the same ruched forearm cuff, the same coats and dresses, all just varying in fabric.
The jackets, especially in the exotic skins, are desirable as much as Marc Jacobs' jackets were desirable in New York - wearable, excellent quality, but dull and done to death.
I liked the caught in the rain styling, and the interesting set, but the clothes..?

Agreed.
Nothing interesting for me here either, a rare fact for a Prada show if I might say. Really disappointed.

I agree, I wasn't very excited when I finished watching the show on the website, I probably attribute the fact that this one was a Prada's Fashion show that isn't very "oh, this is very rare, I have to spend a week analyzing it and seeing if I like" and I think that's why there's people being raved with this collection, but for me actually was quite boring. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I really like it but I don't think this will be one of my favourite Prada collections. It's very safe, nothing to interpret, the lsat time she did something in that vein was probably fw10. Still really beautiful though, I love the off-the-shoulder looks and the shoes are divine. Not that keen on the fur, not that I'm against it at all but I feel like she did it better last season for Miu Miu

Last edited by a moderator:
forgettable. i expect more from prada runway collections, it's all styling here.. i'm curious to see how people will over-intellectualize this collection

It sure isn't her best Prada collection ever, but I like it. Love the subversive effect.

am a sucker for ladylike sexiness so this is awesome! Am not pro fur though

there's plenty of references to hitchcock's movies imo. tippi hedren in the birds, the daywear in vertigo, ingrid bergman in notorious, grace kelly in all of his films she's appeared in, especially this look http://s18.postimage.org/v383eujh5/J9_D0136_450x675.jpg resembles this look she wore in rear window.
the overall cuts and atmosphere scream femme fatale / noir films in general.
I cant help but think that Pirates of the Caribbean were one of the film influences, because of the belts, sleaves,cleavage, shoes and the wet hair look that reminds me a bit of the sirens. I know its lamer than saying i see Hitchcock influences but I cant help seing that in the collection.
Otherwise I was very bored by the whole thing, colours shapes, everything, it just wasnt exciting at all. I tought the venue and the projections were more interesting than the clothes...

How come Miuccia Prada has stopped surprising us this season I got a strong deja vu feeling since the clothes are not so ugly at first sight which is the feeling that I normally have about Prada?but this collection its just too Dejavu and I felt that I had already seen somewhere not a good sign

The shoes are great. I'm always excited about Prada and I love this collection :heart:.

This might very well be the first Prada collection that I actually adore.. very wearable, lovely color palette, super feminine, nothing over-the-top... Thumbs up from me.

Did someone just mention J.W. Anderson's name on here? I think i'm going to vomit...

What's exactly dull about this collection? Clearly it's provided a plentiful amount of color, texture, leather, furs & gorgeous embellishments? And sorry humans can't help being on top of the food chain and appreciate wearing fur? Until species mightier than ourselves come around to skin us alive I don't have much to complain about, that's life.

These clothes were designed for the woman who wouldn't make up her mind on what to wear for daywear or eveningwear, and put it all into one, literally...she threw evening garments with embellishments into a casual checkered print shirt dress.

As others have previously mentioned, there is a cinematic feel to these clothes. IMO, between this collection and the men's one, there is a common theme here. It sure is chic, feminine, rich, luxurious, with a variety of textures and quite reminiscent of past Miuccia offerings. Overall, something nice to look at.. But, if it weren't titled "Prada", noone would be losing their sh** over it.

Did someone just mention J.W. Anderson's name on here? I think i'm going to vomit...

What's exactly dull about this collection?

Only due to the fact that, like his collections, everything is the same.
The same answer goes to the second question.

I think anti fur in fashion is just pointless. Fur has been used as clothing since the cave people, so theres not going to be any change. I do agree that they should find more humane ways to kill the animals though.

This collection was amazing. I love the fifties, the modernity, the elegance, everything.

this was an amazing collection. I love when she does new silhouettes with very vintage-looking fabrics

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->