Prada F/W 13.14 Milan

Classic Prada: lady tourist meets early 2000s Miu Miu. Everything looks solid, a good commercial effort from Prada. I just don´t feel much of it... Love the shoes though.

I don't dislike the collection, but I also don't like it. It's not special/surprising enough for me, Miuccia could have pushed the envelope a bit farther in my opinion. It's like I'm seeing the clothes from my granny's vintage shop just remade.

Am I the only one getting some Little Edie vibes from this collection?

Can anyone figure out the electronic sound in the show which kicks in like 1.00 into the video posted to the Prada website (not youtube) I HAVE TO HAVE THAT IN MY LIFE, PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE.I thought it was just 90s Chanel but Prada in 2013 pulls of that tweed suits/tailors.Loved.

I've always wanted to really, genuinely like a Prada collection. For me, I think this is the collection.

Re-See

twitter.com/annadellorusso
tumblr_mio61vkpuX1qihkk0o1_1280.jpg

The one thing I really liked about this collection, is that I didn't have to look past the clothing to see the references in order to "get it" like I had to do with Fall 2012 and Spring 2013. Also, I'm a sucker for fur.

One of the few Prada collections I can like. The fur was beautiful. I really appreciate how wearable it is.

Very beautiful! I would love to wear each and every coat there is. The shoes are also beautiful. This is the simple Prada I loved. Very chic. It`s not too forced

There's something that's definitely vintage about this collection. Perhaps the cuts and the silhouettes. And i love the fact that they're all so wearable. What an impeccable collection! Great job Miuccia! :clap::wub:^_^

^^^ I take it because unlike the Prada collections that usually take a few weeks to sink in, this one is instantly likable because of its straightforward prettiness.

Really digging the Visage snippets in the soundtrack. That, along with the retro-80s video vibe of the set design, gives the overall presentation of a very 50s-palette, but by way of the 80s.

There's not much new here in terms of pushing the Prada aesthetic, and I think she's done much much much better in previous collections evoking that particular era's silhouette. I do love the huge draping fur cuffs that resemble a fur stole casually just about to fall of the wearer's arm-- just a beautiful but slightly awkward touch that makes Prada-- Prada (but not on the gingham pieces-- gingham is gross). But most of the looks are more smart styling and spot-on casting-- particularly Maria Carla and Stemm, those two are naturals with the regal but bad girl high brow-arch attitude. And she's blasted previous collections with much more fur than this-- and much better, I might add, so I don't get why the sudden objections all of a sudden by some. Muiccia's never been a anti-fur designer and this is Milan.

I like the last part of the collection; all the fuller-length leather coats and skirts, the slather of sequins and jet-beads, the rich and natural shades of furs that instantly conjure up old Hollywood goddesses Kim Novak, Grace Kelly, Natalie Wood and some girls looking like a wet 'n wild Veronica Lake. The only missing prop to seal the whole femme fatale deal is the cigarette dangling from those crimson lips-- cliche, yes... but why not? The set's already got that "midnight-hour in the ghetto chain-link fence and rearview-window projection", another cliche won't hurt it... ; all the trademarks of a cheesy 80s music video paying tribute to the 50s.

It's a nice enough collection that's quintessentially Prada-- and smoldering sexy Prada at that, but she's done so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->