Prada F/W 2016.17 Milan

I haven't liked a Prada collection that much since FW2013. My problem with her main collections was the styling. It was just too overstyled, too try hard to be edgy, sometimes ridiculous et on the verge of pretentious. I like her work more when it's styled in a much more simple way.
That's why i think her Pre-collections were better. The clothes were good and the whole thing was believable while being desirable and "weird".

To say the truth, Miu Miu has been more strong and directional than Prada in the past 3 years. Her Miu Miu shows were styled in a very effortless way...

While this collection is very styled, for the first time it doesn't take away from the beautiful pieces. Spring 2016 was a total disaster (except for the paillettes coats). Everything just feels smooth and it is very desirable! The shoes were great, the bags were great, the prints were great, the coats were great, the casting was great.
A very beautiful collection. I'll go to the store at Av.Montaigne to see those bags.

With all the talks about the schedule and the "see now buy now" thing, this is the type of collection worthy of a 6 months wait!

I don't even know how should I feel about this collection, there are some nice pieces but that's it...and it shouldn't be like that, the reputation of brands like Prada was not built on putting nice clothes here and there and throwing fillers at the rest of the collection.

I need to see this in a showroom and take it apart. There's a lot going on here but the fabrics look divine. Overall it's a solid show.

Prada shows remind me of "The Emperor's new clothes" tale sometimes.

BTW, don't get the rave reviews on the stylings since it's 100% Rizzo. I mean, you can like it, but it is what he always does. Nothing new. What is the "genius" thing about it?

Resaw it again, and the clothes can't get any more basic than this.

I mean I totally 100 percent agree with you there. I think at this point she could send out models in nothing but plastic Target shopping bags stitched together and editors and reviews would bend over backwards to find ways to rave and call it genius and groundbreaking. But idk, this feels different and more thought out the past couple of years. I feel life imbibed in this collection. I couldn't even point out exactly why I feel that way lol but I do.

Agree.
Nothing new.
Sincerely,i don't like this collection. What want she tell with this collection? Medieval period, sailors , current "Sportswear alike" , prints , the symbol keys -"Saint Peter's holy door" ? It was also in menswear.
The pieces will look good on the photos but in real life? Belts and bags are good. Must be good because they started to loose asian customers.
The shirt with print same was in menswear, is good but they are made by one famous artist specially for her.
Source : vogue.com
this season Prada brought in the artist Christophe Chemin to make prints. His work is loaded with surreal narrative and allusion, and he writes too. The show notes described a cycle of prints based on the French Revolutionary reordering of the calendar, with every month given a feminine name. End of day: One-season souvenir artworks are always a great attraction for collectors, and the Fondazione Prada in Milan is international proof of Miuccia’s weight in that arena.

I always pay more attention to the accessories in Prada shows more than the garments, so in that respect I love this collection.

Agree.
Nothing new.
Sincerely,i don't like this collection. What want she tell with this collection? Medieval period, sailors , current "Sportswear alike" , prints , the symbol keys -"Saint Peter's holy door" ? It was also in menswear.
The pieces will look good on the photos but in real life? Belts and bags are good. Must be good because they started to loose asian customers.
/URL]

Yeah. It is just some basic clothes with corsets. I don't think it is bad. It is very normal, very common, very MEH. It has nothing that makes me want to see the collection again.

Of course, it is Prada, you have Guido and Pat, a relevant casting with Marina, Sasha and all these Prada girls, the set is quite beautiful... And that sort of changes the whole thing, but if another brand did this no one would care. Maybe they would say it's decent, it would get 10 comments and that's it.

To me Prada bags are the worst of the whole world. Really ugly. And they sort of copied the Constance by Hermès/Trotteur by Céline this time.

i like a number of pieces in this collection.

but all those chunky fur trims - big fur arms? - feel so old...

I didn't like any Prada bag for a long time. They were so unnecessarily puffy. But these recent ones are quite fine looking.

It's better than what she's been offering lately, which was seemingly deliberate ugly clothes with each model wearing like 5 layers of clothes. But she's done better collections (before the messy styled collections). It looks like a great collections because expectations have been lowered since many of her collections (and most designers really) nowadays have been pretty bad.

this is stunning and the styling is the key. she knows how to make good, simple, desirable clothes a SHOW and not a parade of separates. With the hair, makeup and the casting, this is an epic show - drama, fashion, desire.

i disagree with most here. i think the styling makes it great. its actually a super commercial collection but it looks like it belongs on a runway. thats the hardest thing to do. well done Muccia! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is nothing new.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t good— at least not for me. Extremely strong and clever styling, with an overload of charming accessories and colors to give the impression of textured charm and inventive quirkiness. Alessandro’s territory on first impression, but Muiccia’s been excelling at this brand of kookiness since the mid-2000. Although, I’m much more of a fan of her sleek restraint than this brand of accessible, playful Mad Hatter’s palette (which is total Insta-bait with its superbright, kaleidoscopic mash of colors and trinkets.)

The stellar pieces are her trademark silhouettes in the 50’s damask, those beyond lush Astrakhan fur(?... I’m pathetic with skins...) coats, and Glen-plaids. Nothing new of course— but what a luxurious treat to see these on the racks at the shops.

She’s excelled in previous seasons with patchwork; here, it looks so forced with the David Salle-essque art prints, and actually cheapens the silhouette for me. But it's Prada-- which means it's so much more than just clothes and bags with its expected grandeur in presentation that's an instant killer atmosphere.

I don't get the extreme praise for this collection. It is nice, but there have been far better Prada collections with more potent pieces than what's offered here. The accessories are good, but the clothes leave more to be desired.

I really enjoy the mood, but I think she executed it better in the menswear show.

agree! just watched the show with the original music but somehow it didnt blew me away like the menswear show did.

I don't get the extreme praise for this collection. It is nice, but there have been far better Prada collections with more potent pieces than what's offered here. The accessories are good, but the clothes leave more to be desired.

That is my problem too. What clothes here are people ooo-ing and aah-ing over to make themselves love it so much?

It's not bad, Miuccia is never bad, but it's not one of her stronger offerings in my eyes.

Those accessories are going to be everywhere aren't they? All the stores are going to do their versions of the bag necklace and corset belts and whatnot. The collection is nice enough. It lacks the themes and identity that Prada collections sometimes have (gold, 50s diner, caveperson, etc). It's just a nice collection of nice clothes that are very Prada.

I used to have a diary just like that when I was a child X0
Same thickness, gold and all- just pink. Came with a working key too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->