Prada F/W 2016.17 Milan

i love her she can do no wrong ever

this is amazing, i love the styling so much

sooo good, what a stunning collection! can't believe I love it that much:heart:

L O V E :heart: EVERYTHING - big impact show,

Such stunning and sumptuous fabric manipulations. There was a divine tree print/watercolour silhouette on a coat panel that caught my eye, just beautiful. I love the casual ease of those waist cinchers, which in itself is a complete parallel. Great to see Sasha, King and Stella in the show too. Best collection this season for me, hands down.

I agree in terms of 'fashion' it's nothing new, but I can only appreciate Miuccia for her commitment to her work, her reference points and her incredible knack of combining things that should truly not work together.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is everything! this has got to be one of Miuccia's strongest collections in a long time, it feels so rich and luxurious, and very Prada. in love :heart:

The pieces are gorgeous individually and the styling is just genius, making them work together perfectly. Can't wait to see this collection interpreted in editorials! What a stunning show!

Now this is a collection. I'm always ready to call out Miuccia when she produces an ugly, prepostorous collection but when she gets it right, it's beyond what anyone else can produce!

This is a fantastic counterpart to the men's collection and whilst I was initially a little disappointed that the first couple of looks mirrored the menswear so much, the looks evolved and ultimately took this show to another level. There are familiar elements here but overall I love how a lot of the materials and motifs that I would associate with the old NY vanguard (brocade etc.) are remixed in a very European manner.

There's so much to take in here, but in short the look on Yasmin sums up this collection perfectly for me. A real high sailing on a season of mind-numbingly dull lows thus far.

the more i look at it, the more i love it. the details are stunning, i must own these rose belts

vogue.com/livingly.com

You can ALWAYS count on Miuccia. Already saving the season for me :heart:

Prada shows remind me of "The Emperor's new clothes" tale sometimes.

BTW, don't get the rave reviews on the stylings since it's 100% Rizzo. I mean, you can like it, but it is what he always does. Nothing new. What is the "genius" thing about it?

Resaw it again, and the clothes can't get any more basic than this.

The styling is so obnoxious and distracting. I thought the collection was good, but not THAT good... that kind of good that everyone else in this thread is apparently feeling.

This is the best collection for this season or maybe decade.

Everything are perfect.

Miuccia is a divine. I love these pieces.

Prada shows remind me of "The Emperor's new clothes" tale sometimes.

I mean I totally 100 percent agree with you there. I think at this point she could send out models in nothing but plastic Target shopping bags stitched together and editors and reviews would bend over backwards to find ways to rave and call it genius and groundbreaking. But idk, this feels different and more thought out the past couple of years. I feel life imbibed in this collection. I couldn't even point out exactly why I feel that way lol but I do.

The styling is so obnoxious and distracting. I thought the collection was good, but not THAT good... that kind of good that everyone else in this thread is apparently feeling.
This is my problem, too. And not only with this show, but with most of fashion at this point. It's all styling. It's loading everything on all at once so that it looks good on Instagram. Everything - both here and in fashion in general - has to be "clever."

I miss when Prada could and would send out a collection of beautiful, wearable pieces styled with real life applicability on natural, healthy women. There was always something off-kilter, odd and quirky...something always off...but it was real.

Not that I think this is bad...in fact I like it, but, again...what does this say about a woman dressing realistically? It all makes for great images but where's reality?

And I'm honestly so tired of 14-year-old models. I miss when models felt like active participants in the occasion.

I really enjoy the mood, but I think she executed it better in the menswear show.

Cause quirkiness never feels old, as always it can't apply to what you are wearing right now, but it drives you to pick little ideas here and there adding to the everyday wear. It inspires people to make choices about outfits, that's why it's fashion.

The styling is all over the place to be honest, but the pieces themselves are just stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->