Prada F/W 2020.21 Milan

I dont know how to feel about it...

Her collections are so boring nowadays.
She just recycles old ideas in the laziest way possible.

I think its time for her to go and find someone new.
This brand needs a designer with fresh vision,
who is ready to start over, shake things up and ditch the pradaisms.

I'm honestly starting to like Prada again, I loved that she incorporated that 20's feel from last season. It is very F/W 09, her gladiator show, but I don't mind, it's actually more wearable. I'm very into the sheer shift dresses with sporty details and the emboidered dresses, that lilac one on Adut is just gorgeous.

I'm kind of sad that I missed the show, I'm too used to Prada being at 6PM.

Another greatest hits but i don’t mind. Just love the clothes, especially the tailoring pieces. The only thing i don’t like here is when they mix puffer blazer with rain boots.

It’s nice. "Nice" in a way that it’s all so department-store design-by-committee predictable and commercial. And the worst part is these callbacks are all such inferior diffusion-line versions of the originals. Even that wretched seat-buckle belt looks like a knockoff.

(But I’m not willing to write Miuccia off— at least not yet when lined up to such a boring hack as Alessandro.)

Beautiful collection! Elegant and sophisticated. Miuccia just won the whole fashion month.

I'm just glad everyone has the same hair and make-up. Haven't seen that for a minute.

I dont know how to feel about it...

Her collections are so boring nowadays.
She just recycles old ideas in the laziest way possible.

I think its time for her to go and find someone new.
This brand needs a designer with fresh vision,
who is ready to start over, shake things up and ditch the pradaisms.
But it already has one, she's called Miuccia Prada.

and honestly who wouldn't want to put their own hair on their jackets! After seeing this collection I will let my hair grow so I can put it in my jacket.

and honestly who wouldn't want to put their own hair on their jackets! After seeing this collection I will let my hair grow so I can put it in my jacket.
Wait what? :smile:

I really love this. I want to buy a lot of things from the men's line, anyway.

I don't really care how self-referential it is. If done right, like in this case, it can be just what a brand needs. You don't have to reinvent the wheel every season – after all, what we need from fashion is clothes with a point of view. And these "Prada classics" redesigned for the 2020s still have it.

This collection cemented for me what could be Miuccia's comeback, weirdly despite the fact she really didn't offer anything new.

I don’t like the collection but I love a lot of pieces in it.
It felt heavy and not fashionable. The logo part was too « product-please buy me » for my taste but I loved the fringes! I want the skirt of the first look!
The two looks after the one on Adut are flawless and I wish the collection was more like that.
I’m not a fan of the obvious mix & match of recent collections.
I wish MiuMiu will be more my taste...considering how well Grand did at Marc Jacobs.

Those puffer blazers are the freshest thing Miuccia has designed in years, I love them! Unless someone has done them before and I am ignorant about it, they are bound to be a hit. I think you can style them in endless ways.

Other than that - great fringe pieces! The fringe really does look like hair, it's a great effect. And the skirts are great. Sadly, Prada still desperately needs a good accessory.

i like it. a number of good pieces... even some of the fringed ones. but i prefer the banded skirts, the long overcoats throughout (that black velvet one, mmmm...), and the short coloured puffers (sans belts!). also, the shoes are fabulous!

(by the way, for people who like the fringe here, jil sander offered some lovely fringed dresses that, imo, are more elegant; check those out if you've not. :flower:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->