Prada F/W 08.09 Milan

helmut.newton said:
^^^ Yes there was a lookbook.

I remember they had the girls with no make-up and just the clothes.

I'll see if I have it on my computer

ps. I LOVE your avatar. So creative!
wink.gif
thanks ! from the prada site as you probably already know :wink: thanks to you haha

i hope you do have it !

What are these weird orthopaedic brown straps on the shoes? I've been worried about it since I saw them on the runway and coveted them. If I go into a Prada store and see all those fabulous shoes sporting those atrocities I'm walking right back out :doh:. Is it that the shoes are too heavy to be worn without them or what?

^ It's most likely for the runway. Models don't always have the right size shoes as it is, the girls were walking down a slanted ramp and of all shoe styles d'Orsays would probably be the most likely to fall off.

My guess is they're not being sold with the elastic bands.

^^ OK. I only asked because Charlize Theron was lately pictured in full-out Prada at some media event complete with the gorgeous blue&black shoes...with the brown strap. My heart crumpled in my chest :cry:. (Not really but...they looked awful :lol:.)

Hmm, then maybe I'm wrong.

What makes it hard to know is that this is Prada, she's likely to intentionally screw something up.

*sigh* I know. Thanks for the help anyway :flower:. I suppose I'll just have to wait until I get to a store to see for myself. I've been keeping an eagle eye out in editorials and some shoes have had had it while others haven't...so I can't tell from them either.

i am afraid i've seen the shoes with the "weird orthopaedic brown straps" in stores...
but maybe it's done so that you can remove it! :flower:

getting a pair from NM...the ortho straps are separate but come in a little Prada dustbag, so they are optional, so to speak!

does anyone know how much those bib-like pieces of cotton (worn on top of the normal cotton collared shirts) are?

Recently I went back to this collection and I think it's somewhat funny how Miuccia mentioned she hated lace, while I think it's a perfect fabric for her philosophy. It covers the body in quite a revealing way, what a perfect move from her to make another subversive statement for that season.

Ugh this collection is so memorable, so powerful. Iconic.

It's so evocative - dark, mysterious, unnerving and strange. And ultimately everything here fairly straigtforward but so high impact.

This is back when Prada lead the pack with astounding confidence. Sad to revisit these flawless collection in the midst of all the confusion her brand is in....to see this collection still looking so bold, so strong and so appealing almost 10 years later, compared to the recent Fall collection....what a gimmicky, desperate mess it's all become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->