Prada F/W 08.09 Milan

the lacing and its workmanship is exquisite. but i'm not feeling the love for the collection, however.

*EXACTLY my sentiments, BerlinRocks!

I'm inspired to add a bit of lace to my wardrobe! Although not head to toe! And not beige!
It's interesting enough, but nothing astonishing.

I absolutely hate lace but they've made some nice versions of it here. I really hope this doesn't inspire the textile to come back into popularity, it's one thing when it's done by exceptional mills with couture standards, but that's not how it's going to be once it trickles down into all the cheap high street knock offs.

Not a fan of the "fins", looks a bit awkward. I'm sure it'll be styled well and look amazing like all their other oddball clothes.

getting a bit bored with Prada.

the shoes look intresting; but nothing else.

i'm sorry but no....this isn't working, i know this is all "grandma chic" but who wants to look like a chic grandma at 25....i want to look like a chic grandma when i'm 65...i just don't get it?

The shoes are so dissapointing....:yuk:I love the textured pieces, I can't wait for close up pictures. I like Vlada's outfit too...the peplum pieces aren't really working for me. :-/Some elements of this (color, lace, texture) remind me of Marios Schwab!

Me too, the layered texture coming through.

I realy liked this collection, but now I think I'm going to love that, same goes with Miuccia! ^_^

This is pure genius!!! :heart:

I sort of knew to expect a minimalistic approach, a return to a past Prada aesthetic with black and brown, when I saw the mens collection in January.

The lace however, was an intriguing addition. I thought it added something really special to the collection.

I also like the fact that she wasn't trying 'too hard' to be something contrastly different to the past collection. I mean, this was in direct juxtaposition to last season but it wasn't contrived.

And did I mention that the shoes were INSANELY gorgeous. To me they looked like little explosions :lol: :heart:

I do not understand why this is considered "genius". I think some of the pieces are alright but calling this collection "genius" is a major stretch. It's not even interesting or inspiring. It looks like she took a table cloth and just slapped it on the models. I don't think even my grandma would wear this, tbh. The lacing and workmanship is quite lovely for a table though. I can see it now: Prada table cloths

^^ well, for me at least, this collection was genius simply because of the way the lace was used and the way she juxatposed the fragility of lace with the classic and powerful black of the skirts or the tops.

It was a powerful woman and when Prada is powerful I love it.

I think it is really wearable also - just for a certain type of woman. Obviously a L.A. celebrity-esque type is not going to wear these clothes. But I could see Nicole Kidman wearing it or even someone younger like Kate Bosworth.

Accessories

411m.jpg
415m.jpg

412m.jpg
414m.jpg

416m.jpg
417m.jpg

style.com

the lace on the bag is really much more interesting ^_^
it's like an embossing effect

thanks for the pics, snb !

The lace bags are incredible!:woot::heart: Not so sure about the shoes...:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->