Prada F/W 08.09 Milan

I quite enjoyed it...I like the sauciness and naughtyness in the peekaboo, openwork and sheerness contrast with the nun-like, asexual shapes and vibes..admittedly, looking like Boudicca at times minus the sharpness and severity in structures. It's rather downdy in times, that's why I sorta dig it...and the shoes are just fantastic:heart:

all those lace dresses are the only things i like in this collection!

Source | WWD | February 20th

Miuccia Plays the Lace Card

Miuccia Prada moved in a new direction this season, creating a stunning Prada fall collection that was full of lace in strong, clean-lined shapes. There were sheaths, jackets and great-looking suits. Here, one of the last, worn with a tailored shirt.

Prada: Change — it's what fashion is all about. Yet few designers can move 180 degrees from one season to the next and still stay utterly themselves. Miuccia Prada is one. On Tuesday evening, Prada sent out a brilliant lace-based collection that was feminine, strong and intriguingly austere, and that owed debts to haute couture as well as early Nineties Prada (call up those Geek Chic button-up shirts).

Remember last season's mesmerizing fairyland? No sprightly shenanigans here. Prada leapt a world away to a place all about arch control done up in lace, a material she had long disliked until she happened upon a certain swatch and found herself obsessed. Of course, hers is not of the prissy ilk, but fabulous cotton and wool lace from Switzerland often boasting big, graphic flowers, and always, considerable heft. "It was extraordinary," said one of Prada's guests, artist Thomas Demand, of the show. "There was no flamboyance, apart from the shoes, which were amazing."

In fact, everything about it amazed, starting with the long, lean silhouette punctuated by leather snoods for the hair and those shoes that featured offbeat ruffled extensions. (As the set was a rounded, steeply inclined runway, thick elastic bands that stretched around the foot and under the sole kept the shoes on the girls' feet and the girls on their feet.) Out the clothes came, sheaths, suits, remarkable halter-and-shirt pairings, the openwork lace unlined over crisp shirtings, the denser lace less revealing. When Prada digressed from lace, it was with other fabrics that referenced it: a lace print as well as two-tone painterly faille, sheer perforated organzas and black meltons for boldly ruffled coats. Yet for all of the surface interest, a sense of confident calm prevailed, with an undercurrent of minimalism in spirit if not in fact. Lest one miss that point, the designer de-laced momentarily with a skirt and dress stark in their unfettered beigeness.

Accessories? How about big, demonstratively ruffled day bags and a belt attached to a wide, structured lace peplum, which, Prada noted, can alter any silhouette. "Fashion is change," she said. And no one changes with more bravado or impact than Prada. It's who she is.

The shoes and bags are the only things that i like...
I saw the fabrics of the clothes a lot....It dosen't really interested me

Looks weird. I don't say that's bad, but "weird" is the only word for the collection. But the hoes and bags look good.

ROFL at; 'with an undercurrent of minimalism in spirit if not in fact'! :lol:

What on earth does that mean?!

The ultra feminine lace with the masculine make-up was very interesting. The shoes, however, were not. They were just clompers.

i'm surprised im in love with the dresses (but i tend to love whatever even remotely resembles lace.....) and some of the first coats.... and i like the bags, i guess.
BUT THE SHOES? i might be alone on this, but god. apart from one closetoe pair, i LOATHE all of them. the open toes ones just disgust me. why miuccia?
im now SCARED for miu miu (shoe-wise)... we'll see.

first i hated it. but... :woot:
i see stunning accessories, love the shoes (they look like some degenerate organisms, oh yeah!!!), glasses, overall masterly presented collection... great possessed-looking makeup, hair...
i like the lace, not sure if in combination with those blue shirts but oh well, the result is fine. not feeling that hideous big black necklace and clumsy matrony dresses at the end though, and the tutu thing, to me it worked better at the mens show :lol:

i absolutely adored the orange lace skirt with the beige top - so hot
love the coffee-bean pattern, too

very totalitarian chic, i adore the feel! :rofl::ninja:

This is just BAD and I don't mean that in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is an amazing take on babushka/old women chic. reminds me of an eccentric elderly, greek/sicilian woman injected with a lil jil sander, jonathan saunders, prada-fabulousity.
i love the silhouettes, color blocking, minimalism, everuthing---but the bags.

i personally think its boring not something that catches my attention or something id wear .. quite mumsy imo tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->