Prada S/S 2021 Milan

Looking at this collection, I wonder once again how it is possible that a woman who has worked so many years creating all these wonderful shows agrees to produce something like this. It seriously looks like Pavesi was really the one and only who created the Prada we know today. I see no other explanation. What is truly baffling for me is that among all these assistants, interns and stylists, there is no one that would push Miuccia in the right direction or at least question certain ideas. She should come back to the old design process because the one she is currently practicing clearly doesn't work. Now with Raf on board it will get even worse. Two huge egos that seem unable to notice whats going on around dont give me any hope for better future.
A good photographer with a fierce model could help this dull collection but we all know what to expect considering Vanderperre will probably shoot the future campaigns.

Looking at this collection, I wonder once again how it is possible that a woman who has worked so many years creating all these wonderful shows agrees to produce something like this. It seriously looks like Pavesi was really the one and only who created the Prada we know today. I see no other explanation. What is truly baffling for me is that among all these assistants, interns and stylists, there is no one that would push Miuccia in the right direction or at least question certain ideas. She should come back to the old design process because the one she is currently practicing clearly doesn't work. Now with Raf on board it will get even worse. Two huge egos that seem unable to notice whats going on around dont give me any hope for better future.
A good photographer with a fierce model could help this dull collection but we all know what to expect considering Vanderperre will probably shoot the future campaigns.

I’ve started to think that Manuela Pavesi and Steven Robinson (Galliano’s longtime right-hand man until 2007) really were the industry’s best-kept secrets. Both brands lost that certain something right after these people passed away. (Same with Raf when he had Patrick van Ommeslaeghe on board at Jil Sander. Actually, he should get him back now asap to save this mess.)

Looking at this collection, I wonder once again how it is possible that a woman who has worked so many years creating all these wonderful shows agrees to produce something like this. It seriously looks like Pavesi was really the one and only who created the Prada we know today. I see no other explanation. What is truly baffling for me is that among all these assistants, interns and stylists, there is no one that would push Miuccia in the right direction or at least question certain ideas.

Fashion world always doubt in Muccia qualification and abilities beacuse she never learning in fashion house or school. Her parents was classic bourgeoisie family. They had great leather accessories company. Prada as fashion house is idea her husband. They wanted sell more bags.

Fashion world always doubted in Muccia qualification and abilities beacuse she never learning in fashion house or school. Her parents was classic bourgeoisie family. They haved great leather accessories company. Prada as fashion house is idea her husband. They wanted sell more bags.
Well I am not gonna lie, I always doubted whether its fair to call Miuccia a designer. They say you don't need to draw or drape but have good ideas yet I find it quite hard to believe that woman whose background has nothing to do with fashion (I wouldnt count leather accessories) suddenly creates such stunning collections. She seems to be much more interested in the philosophy, intellectual side rather than the actual clothes.

I’ve started to think that Manuela Pavesi and Steven Robinson (Galliano’s longtime right-hand man until 2007) really were the industry’s best-kept secrets. Both brands lost that certain something right after these people passed away. (Same with Raf when he had Patrick van Ommeslaeghe on board at Jil Sander. Actually, he should get him back now asap to save this mess.)
Definitely. I remeber reading Galliano biography in which the author described the relationship between John and Amanda. She would send Galliano poems, quotes from books, old fabrics, pieces of glass found on the beach to inspire him. Harlech brought all these fictional heroines to life so Galliano could dress them. She was much more than just a stylist.

Last edited:

I think Miuccia has ideas and she can dress. She has a taste, some references and no matter what, Prada RTW was an extension of her personality. Manuela I think was the magician who managed to push the ideas and to make it make sense.
I actually wonder what was Fabio Zambinardi position in this whole collaboration with Raf...

Wow i think i'm the only one on here that actually loves it. I would wear every piece, its beautiful.

The Prada triangle logo proves the speculation that the brand is struggling to the degree that they would do anything to survive in the pandemic. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that it would turn out to be a fiasco.

Maybe its the presentation or the hair but there was something odd about this collection.

It's boring, suddenly I miss the old Prada so much. I don't like Raf trying so hard to push his "cool" idea in Prada.
I think probably the logo accessories and the hoodie could sell ? It's obvious they are trying to target the GenZ.
But I'm not sure will it really work, because look at Raf own business, he are re-working his archive pieces.
If your current collection are selling good. Why would you do that, right?

Diluted and held back from its actual potential. Maybe when Raf launches his own womenswear he'll leave Miuccia?

Sometimes it needs a little time to appreciate a Prada Show so I had a look again this morning. It was such a hyped show so you feel like you should make an effort. My main reaction this morning is just an overwhelming feeling of how out of sync this is with the times we live in. It feels like it was conceived in an ivory tower, with no idea of what the world is like right now , which makes it the first Prada Collection ever that feels irrelevant to me.

I'm disappointed, but not entirely surprised. Something in Raf Simons changed when he went to Calvin Klein. He didn't have to work as hard as he did at Dior and it showed in the work. There was a lack of taste and effort that he attempted to compensate with gimmicks, all whilst completely disregarding the dna of the house. Needless to say, it backfired. I'm getting that same sense of arrogance and nonchalance that we saw at CK. Prada at it's core is brand for grown women. Miuccia dominated the late 90's and 00's with her luxurious and thoughtful approach to fashion. It was so disgustingly chic that it was almost criminal. It was wearable, feminine, and beautiful. Never ironic just for the sake of it, nor ugly. That's the Prada we should have seen re-emerge on the runway. Instead we were only given the Prada that we saw in July at the mens show. This cold and lifeless minimalism that is not only irrelevant, but also out of date. No one is going to buy that collection, or this one. There are so many problems with both of them. For one thing, it's not a spring collection. The fabrics have no movement, they drag the models down. The proportions length will only work on 5'10 models and even they're drowning in them. The prints at the beggining are forgettable, nothing to else to say about those. Then we get into they typography. Honestly, who cares? I don't care about the meaning behind them. They were poorly incorporated into the collection. The rest of the prints were flat out ugly. The sweater and skirt outfits were decent, but we didn't need that many of them. The cut out's were an ode to that Dior couture collection and I couldn't stop thinking about that. Overall it was a repetitive and uninspired mess. Fashion should lift us up, not make us depressed. This is the worst Prada collection to date, and one of the worst of the year. What happened?

Why Raf always get the chance to work with major brands like Dior, Calvin Klein and Prada.
Im not the fan of him because his work is dull and design same thing over and over.
I used to admire his work with Jil Sander but after that BIG MEH!
especially Pu$$y Dress for Dior is always pop in my mind.

I'm disappointed, but not entirely surprised. Something in Raf Simons changed when he went to Calvin Klein. He didn't have to work as hard as he did at Dior and it showed in the work. There was a lack of taste and effort that he attempted to compensate with gimmicks, all whilst completely disregarding the dna of the house. Needless to say, it backfired. I'm getting that same sense of arrogance and nonchalance that we saw at CK. Prada at it's core is brand for grown women. Miuccia dominated the late 90's and 00's with her luxurious and thoughtful approach to fashion. It was so disgustingly chic that it was almost criminal. It was wearable, feminine, and beautiful. Never ironic just for the sake of it, nor ugly. That's the Prada we should have seen re-emerge on the runway. Instead we were only given the Prada that we saw in July at the mens show. This cold and lifeless minimalism that is not only irrelevant, but also out of date. No one is going to buy that collection, or this one. There are so many problems with both of them. For one thing, it's not a spring collection. The fabrics have no movement, they drag the models down. The proportions length will only work on 5'10 models and even they're drowning in them. The prints at the beggining are forgettable, nothing to else to say about those. Then we get into they typography. Honestly, who cares? I don't care about the meaning behind them. They were poorly incorporated into the collection. The rest of the prints were flat out ugly. The sweater and skirt outfits were decent, but we didn't need that many of them. The cut out's were an ode to that Dior couture collection and I couldn't stop thinking about that. Overall it was a repetitive and uninspired mess. Fashion should lift us up, not make us depressed. This is the worst Prada collection to date, and one of the worst of the year. What happened?
good post. I agree that this will be very difficult to sell, apart from the logo tops that will be bought by the same people who bought a DHL Shirt and an Off White "Bag". Come to think of it that was maybe the intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->