Prada S/S 2023 Milan

I watched it live and I really enjoyed it. Love the horror/thriller movie theme it had.

It felt weird. It wasn't a bad show per se, even if the soundtrack couldn't have been more pretentious, but some of the looks were absolutely pointless. Case in question: all the repeated grey overalls. That's my main problem with this collection, it was too repetitive and it made this whole idea of mimicking paper got too watered down. Still, it was miles ahead the menswear show and I would even say it was the best offering since Raf's appointment.

Great to see some Prada classics model wise but they look kind of out of place in this collection. They were able to carry the clothes better than most of the other newer models but it was odd seeing them in this current iteration of Prada because they no longer feel exactly right...

Still, it is one of the best offerings they've done together but the constant repetition of looks really drags it all down very quickly. It's one thing to have 3-4 similar looks right after each other, but then to revisit them later on again gets exhausting. Also what a terrible closing look for the show.

The ripped and crumpled wallpaper effect of some of the dresses is quite interesting. The worst part of the collection is the awful degree of repetition that I hadn’t quite seen since the first few Raf collections at Jil.

I would have completely edited out the satin dresses with weird bunched up necklines and hems, since they just look like they got caught in the sewing machine.

This is their most cohesive collection and I can feel a sense of unity between them. For the first time, the Raf doesn't fight with the Miuccia.

For once the clothes look believable, they updated a few looks from Miuccia's early 2000s collections, but it works because Miuccia is the queen of self-references. I can see her wearing a few of these looks. Especially those coats with oversized collars.

I hate the endless parade of gray looks, I know it's merchandise but they should just send them straight to the store.
Also takeout those last season leftovers dress with the train, it wasn't needed.
The bags are a non-event. Good luck selling those.

But I like the coats, the split dresses with prints are also nice. The shoes are great.
And finally, they stop shoving that obnoxious, triangle logos into our faces.
There are still some gimmicky ideas that annoy me but at least this time it enjoyable.

Since Raf will never move Prada forward, this is as good as he can ever get.

The clothes is fine, nothing special (I mean, I hate most of it but I am trying to not be partial to my own sense of style) but I really don't like the make-up and styling, it looks messy? distracting? not that I am normally opposed to messy looks, it just clashes with the clothes too much in my humble opinion. Eh.

love the printed dresses! and the finale coat with interesting details in the back

however not sure about those baby onesies inspired jumpsuit tho..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->