Prada S/S 05 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by madmagazine, Sep 29, 2004.

1. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

i don't like the collection at all, would say i'm rather disappointed.
    and had anyone seen the shoes? hope that's not all they have in stores next season!

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Cathy says in NYT

3. faust

faust New Member

It's WWD's JOB to like the collections :rolleyes:

4. hommed'affaire

hommed'affaire New Member

all this talk about being daring and conceptual and intellectual, etc.. etc... there is nothing daring, conceptual and intellectual at all about her clothes. SHe is simply a designer pleasing her own ego. Prada is being heralded as the second coming if you get through the neasuous *** kissing that some of these critics have to say about this collection or her past collections. Repulsive! they need to get their heads out of their ***** and understanding that this are just clothes. plain and simple. she is here to move merchandise and sell, sell, sell!!! don't confuse the public with this intellectual, daring bullsh!t.

5. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous Active Member

Daria looks really bad. :-/

6. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Influences: Miuccia seems that has left behind the ladylike image she dicated to the fashion world and which's now taking everyone by storm .. I take that for granted .. the thing's the switch from the lady era to the independent/carefree woman era was not done abruptly .. you can see it in one of the major trends on this collection ..the feathers ...
    Now .. she diverted bit towards menswear with those shirts who look like military jackets .. and the paletter obviously hints a more grounded image ...
    On the collection ... yes, there are nice things .... yes, there's not anything particularly with the WOW! Factor, but Miuccia said it well: "This is everyday clothing" -or something along that line-. So it is everyday clothing!!!!
    Now ... I've always been in love how she accesorizes and revives jurassic traditions such as wearing a hat and gloves which I :heart: :heart: :heart:
    And in that way she imprints her -Prada- img and makes it unmistakable ..why? because as twas said .. this are clothes for the lazy shopper! We know more than anyone than raiding some retirement home's will makes us strike gold !!!!! And look as fabulous as we've never looked ... and that's what Miuccia delivered thia and past seasons: the look!
    Ok ... so being a bit more detailed we see the growing trend of women borrowing from her guys closet ... the bird thingie (which McQueen, Elbaz, Kimora, :sick: and Miuccia have done) Oh! and am I the only one who thinks that assymetry was quite an issue in this collection???

PS I loved loved the turquoise dress od this collection .. and the peacock skirt is an item to remember (How did they do the top with the tiny lil feathers?)

7. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

I was thinking about that and wondering where that side of her went. I totally hate this. It's so ugly :angry: . I am with you Spike. I miss the other stuff (especially that gorgeous lipstick print)! :wub:

8. cosmocat

cosmocat Active Member

I wondered that too! I'm not sure about this collection now, but I think by spring I'll like it. Its refreshing after the whole ladylike thing which is beginning to annoy me already, not the actual clothes, more the newspaper and magazine articles and high street versions. I like the birds and feathers but was a little shocked by the hair and make up. Daria looked scary.

9. nqth

nqth arndom

It is so ugly and the colors are so "cheap" it's hard to look close at details at vogue.co.uk. But this is meant to be ugly, am I right:-)?

I think it's a brave move from Prada. Goodbye the pretiness, but what to welcome? I like the white "vintage" dress:-), the shorts, and the colorful dresses at the end of the show. But I still don't know what to think about that collection:-)

10. pennyfei

pennyfei Member

I am not a big fan of Prada but I must admit its influence on the world of fashion today. I am more of the "flashy" type even though Mrs. Prada always shows an uncanny and immense intellectual ability when designing clothes, and that sets her apart from all other designers (John Galliano included).

11. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

from the NYT article

12. datura001

datura001 New Member

How would the women of the panel feel in these clothes? Has anyone really worn Prada? I don't really know what sets it apart or what initally attracts women to the brand to begin with; do you really feel like an eccentric intellectual or do you just treat it as sportswear and blend it in with the rest of your wardrobe? Is it all about the cut and the fabrics or...really just about having a piece that, even without a logo, looks totally Prada?

13. keepsmiling

keepsmiling New Member

Love that peacock skirt and a few of the details but why do people insist on making models look plain ugly in order to make a statement. :wacko:

14. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I love the feathers. The clothes are wonderful, but hard to enjoy due to the plain, scary models. Were they on a budget, or haven't they heard of makeup? I really think the models were a detriment to the show. :neutral:

15. pigleto972001

pigleto972001 New Member

what attracts me to prada...

i'm not exactly sure what attracts me to prada...i basically fell in love with her fall collection in 2002 with the pointy heels and the see through raincoats. that was after the whole uma thurman wearing the lavender gown 10 years ago! maybe it harkens to my inner intellectual, or maybe i just like different clothes.

i'm basically a jcrew banana republic kinda girl with nicer accessories. i have prada shoes that i've gotten from the outlets that i love because they're different and comfortable. i majorly swooned over the first coat from fw 03 that elise wore and managed to grab it for a good price at the outlet.

so i guess i like prada mainly because her stuff is different, functional, and i got it at a great price (which i think is the best part) so i don't necessarily buy "at season" but i try to get things that will endure :smile:

16. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

you have to seperate the prada "look" from the prada "piece" bc the average prada piece is pretty easy to incorporate into any rich woman's wardrobe. wearing a complete prada look (or any designer look for that matter) tends to be reserved only for people who have really strong senses of style...i think of milla jovovich as being a girl who can pull off prada head to toe. the average person, would wear a prada top or a prada jacket with rick owens, gucci, notify, etc.

17. oStelios

oStelios New Member

Miuccia Prada between the 100 most influential characters of the world according to the Time. In the listing of the magazine the designer is the only Italian and the only representative of the world fashion...
    ..money talks and :meow: walks

#97 oStelios, Apr 12, 2005
    Last edited by moderator jgirl: Apr 12, 2005
  18. fashionaddict

fashionaddict New Member

prada is one fashion house i was never impressed by this collection again prooves my point that minucci prada needs sum different inspiration. maybe tone down those horrendous colours she is working with and those models EEKK! i thought fashion was supposed to be something u want to look at not turn ur head from it!!

19. kanzaki

kanzaki New Member

I believe that its the same for every brand/collection which is the either you love it or hate it thing.

I personally love prada for its simplicity and sleekness. Practicality is also a part of prada design and prada uses alot of black and black never goes out of fashion and is always easy to match. Part of my collection is my prada nylon bag which i use everyday w/o taking care of and i have to say that its really durable.

20. cristina1010

cristina1010 New Member

in search of a Prada dress

:lol: cute Prada dress! ANy others? There is one from the same collection worn by Jennifer Aniston in magazines everywhere. I am searching for this dress!! HELP!!