Proenza Schouler for Target

lucy92 said:
the green gauze dress (colors are a little garish but i like the cut)
i have this dress...
and while i agree about the colours...
i am thinking on wearing this in the tropics...so it should be fine...especially toned down with an ivory
sweater or jacket over top.. and ivory woven espadrilles...

* my dad said it was a nice print and that the coulours were still subdued...and he is the most elegant and conservative person i know....so i guess it must be OK...:wink:

not crazy about the fit around the bust....
but for 35 bucks i am not exactly expecting couture...:lol:...
and the jacket hides that well...
:P

btw- i tried to return something i bought from amazon...
BIG PROBLEM... !!!
the stores computer has no record of the purchase whatsoever...
so they would not take it back...!!!:angry:
major drama...
i may have to just give it to a friend cause i cannot wear it...!!

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey: it says on the Target website that they do not accept in-store returns on items purchased on Amazon.com. I don't know why, it is a rather stupid policy. I think you can return it by mail, though.

tylw, i agree with you about target being able to cancel stuff due to demand. it would look pretty bad if two weeks from now target made public the silk palm dress and it was only available in size XS and XL. Target also cancelled one of my luella items, only to make it available a week later. i think it was due to a warehouse error though.

i think its a good idea though for target to have these pop up shops. its a good way to drum up excitement, and i hear they did place limits on people buying stuff (6 i think) at the opening ceremony store. i think stuff is pretty evenly distributed though at every target store...for example EVERY target is getting some of the proenza items. not every H&M had the viktor and rolf items conversely.

thanks wild...now i know...:rolleyes:...

:lol:...

lucy- there wasn't any limit to the number of pieces you could buy at opening ceremony...:wink:

I got one of those emails that stated they had to cancel my order because of the problem with the supplier. However, I got that email the day AFTER I received the item! Totally weird.

The item was the silk palm blue and white dress. I was so in love with it from the pics, but on me it looks HORRIBLE. My husband was like "why are you wearing a maternity dress?" I got a size small, since it seems like the line was running pretty small. It is just too much effort to track down an xs. Oh well. IMO, it is made for woman with long torso, which excludes me, so it looks like it is going back, that stinks. So far the only item that actually fit me decently is the long sleeve blue & white tshirt, which I adore.

thepeppers said:
I got one of those emails that stated they had to cancel my order because of the problem with the supplier. However, I got that email the day AFTER I received the item! Totally weird.

The item was the silk palm blue and white dress. I was so in love with it from the pics, but on me it looks HORRIBLE. My husband was like "why are you wearing a maternity dress?" I got a size small, since it seems like the line was running pretty small. It is just too much effort to track down an xs. Oh well. IMO, it is made for woman with long torso, which excludes me, so it looks like it is going back, that stinks. So far the only item that actually fit me decently is the long sleeve blue & white tshirt, which I adore.

I had the same issue! I took mine back today. I agree that the blue and white strip tee is the best.

Yes, I agree that Target is doing a better job than H&M. I think it's ridiculous that H&M only has their limited editions in major cities. I do know that the Target store merchandise is separate from the online, so the online distribution limit is probably not related to that.

I think it's beneficial for Target to place limits during situations where only a certain population has access to the merchandise (this doesn't stop people from getting friends to buy in bulk for them). As I said before, I have no problem with people jumping into the fray to get the blue bustier, if the link was connected to the main Target site. When a company allows backdoor buying mechanisms, it just invites hoarding, eBay arbitrage, and eventually counterfeiting or stealing from the Target factory in China. I've already seen many Banana Republic items sold on eBay by people who got them from the factories in China (they openly state this?! :shock:). And the Balenciaga bag is the classic example of how exclusivity drives counterfeiting.

I don't know, I just found it strange that one TFS member referred to the Opening Ceremony situation as "insider trading" (a bit harsh, eh?) but found no problem in using the hidden links. You can chew me out, but I think we might be getting biased by our desire to have these PS items. I love fashion, but I don't think fashion is the same as heady consumerism.

Anyways, I'm not judging any of you. I'm just trying to point out some different perspetives.:heart:

BTW, blue bustier now has a DPCI number, which probably means they will roll out more stock in the stores! Fingers crossed.

lucy92 said:
tylw, i agree with you about target being able to cancel stuff due to demand. it would look pretty bad if two weeks from now target made public the silk palm dress and it was only available in size XS and XL. Target also cancelled one of my luella items, only to make it available a week later. i think it was due to a warehouse error though.

i think its a good idea though for target to have these pop up shops. its a good way to drum up excitement, and i hear they did place limits on people buying stuff (6 i think) at the opening ceremony store. i think stuff is pretty evenly distributed though at every target store...for example EVERY target is getting some of the proenza items. not every H&M had the viktor and rolf items conversely.

Why don't you sell it on ebay Softie? It saves you shipping and a girl who wants it will be able to get it in that way. You need to make your way to the post office and ship it to target anyways.:wink:

softgrey said:
i have this dress...
and while i agree about the colours...
i am thinking on wearing this in the tropics...so it should be fine...especially toned down with an ivory
sweater or jacket over top.. and ivory woven espadrilles...

* my dad said it was a nice print and that the coulours were still subdued...and he is the most elegant and conservative person i know....so i guess it must be OK...:wink:

not crazy about the fit around the bust....
but for 35 bucks i am not exactly expecting couture...:lol:...
and the jacket hides that well...
:P

btw- i tried to return something i bought from amazon...
BIG PROBLEM... !!!
the stores computer has no record of the purchase whatsoever...
so they would not take it back...!!!:angry:
major drama...
i may have to just give it to a friend cause i cannot wear it...!!

i saw the proenza schouler line on target and didn't like it very much. but i just got back from los angeles and popped into a target in anaheim and changed my mind. i ended up buying a cardigan.

i braved the weather and crowds to return the purple gauze dress to my local target today. i didnt like the way it looked on me. however, i'm definitely keeping the green gauze dress. it looked decent on me! the silk bustiers in medium were a tad loose on me but definitely wearable. i cant wait until the tissue tanks come out so i can wear 'em with the bustiers. i really liked the length of the bustiers. they completely cover my butt.

i dont think that one can be faulted for finding the links to the PS items on shoplocal. target is paying these shopping sites (msn.shopping.com and amazon) to include target results for searches....

sarah13 said:
Well I got my Kimono style dress and I am not crazy about it. The top fits fine but there is a strange pooch at the stomach and then the lower portion tapers down. I don't have a huge bum, but I am also not shapped like a 12 year old. I am going to try it on again, but my initial reaction is that the cut is unflattering and I think I am going to return it. Does anyone else have the Kimono dress?

ugh...that sucks sarah...
mine is en route, so i'll let you know how it fits...

my purple silk bustier arrived today at work, but i forgot to bring it home...:doh:

i'll definitely try it on and take pics tomorrow...

i also have the white/turquoise palm print skirt coming...

any news on the grey short sleeve sweatshirt?
i keep checking target.com but haven't seen it pop up yet...

Ches129 said:
does anyone have the "hidden link" to either of the bathing suits?

Are these what you're looking for? Someone who reads my blog sent these links to me. I'm not sure if anybody posted these yet, but here they are.
Pleated Tankini Top - Ebony

Pleated Surf Bottom - Ebony

Pleated Underwire Top - Ebony

Pleated Scoop Bottom - Ebony

And more for anyone interested:

Sleeveless Gauze Top - Cabin Brown

Sleeveless Gauze Top - Wild Dove

Silk Bubble Print Colorblock Camisole - Faded Rose

Aloha Floral Print Gauze Dress - Avalon Sea

i got the silk palm print kimono dress today and i found it fits me well. the turquoise is a lot darker in real life than in the photos, esp. the one on the target website. i can see how there could be a "pooch" in the stomach due to the way the straps in the front criss-cross -- i had a "pooch" over my butt, but pulling the skirt down lower got rid of it. it does taper in the back instead of flaring out.

i also was daring and ordered the jeans online! i have to say, for $35, these are terrific -- nice, dark denim that reminds me of my beloved a.p.c. jeans from the late 90s, straight legs, and pockets that don't have logos or designs on them. a nice, plain yet sophisticated jean that fits well! yay! being petite, the inseam is perfect, about 30", so i won't have to get them hemmed! but those who are taller may want to steer clear, unless they want a more cropped/clamdigger length in the legs. i've always been pleasantly surprised by the jeans in the GO International lines (i still wear my Luella Bartley ones!) these are my favorite so far.

also, got the palm print canvas bag...it's huge! i'm still undecided on it...i thought the vinyl bits would be the dealbreaker, but i'm not a huge fan of those handles.

I heard that only editors get the goods :yuk:

for anyone who lives in seattle:
I returned the silk bustiers in grape and blue late last night to the northgate target. size small.

I'll probably keep one or the other of these in xs for myself. i found that they run pretty true to size. more so than previous go collections.

luvmelots1983 said:
Hey, did anyone here try the dark blue skinny jean? What's the consensus on that?

i bought these jeans...i like them a lot, but they are more of a straight leg than a skinny leg, and the inseam is only 30" long -- perfect for a petite person like me, but it may be too short if you are tall and skinny. the denim is of decent quality. i'm wearing them right now, in fact!

kevinnn said:
Anyone think a guy can pull off the hoodie?
yeah but you couldn't be very tall. there's no way that thing would cover me after washing it. it would be above my belly button i bet. but then again i'm over 6 feet tall.. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->