Project Runway F/W 08.09 NYC

bianca!?!?

You have got to be kidding me that they casted Bianca from ANTM, don't they usually just use the eliminated models that the designers don't pick for the show?

Also, C. March's collection is atrocious. IMO those big print dresses look like tacky shirts from the 90's with the photographs printed on them. I'm dissapointed. Otherwise the other collections were pretty good. I loved Rami's, he drapes like butter.

Rami and Jillian had a really good collection...

Chris and Sweet P...not so much...

Christian was ok...

Didn't Christian used to work for McQueen?

^^Yes. No wonder we always see so much McQueen in his work.

I actually kind of like all the collections, especially Jillian's. I mean, am I obsessed with any of them? No. Do I feel like they've produced the show of the season? No. But I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of quality or construction, quite of bit of all of the collections look very well made and easily could have been any other established designer in New York.

sweet p's collection is all over the place. i like rami's and some of jillian's. god, it's evolved so much since the first season! it looks like an actual fashion show now.

^^I know! I was so impressed with the quality of the clothes. I actually felt for the first time in PR history that these are real collections!

Christian took it. Jillian is a good friend of mine but Christians collection is great. Rami reminds of of Lanvin spring 2008. That red dress with the attached shrug is so Lanvin.

anyone know the winner? haha
chris' models look like cruella deville
christian and rami best

I'd like to say I liked at least one collection, but they're all pretty awful.

Chris's collection is especially awful. Is that human hair?!

Christian worked for McQueen before, which is probably why everyone sees the similarities.

Love Christian's the most.

I like a lot of pieces from each of the collections, but I don't love anyone's as a whole. I do LOVE Rami's second to last look, the gold and white gown. It's gorgeous!

christian's collection is the best as a collection!!!

i mean every designer has nice pieces, but as a cohesive collection christian's is the best - I had no doubts in his talent from the VERY beginning of the show

Christian's is very strong but the most repetitive out of the 5. He's done puff sleeve cropped jackets w/ tight pants all season long and what does he do for Bryant Park? Puff sleeve cropped jackets with tight pants. On almost every look. Wow. :|

He'll still probably win. Rami's collection is beautiful, and the best of the lot; it's diversified enough without being such a wide range that it doesnt look cohesive (like Jillian's). He doesnt really need to win though. Sweat Pea's was hit or miss. Chris' was just ugly.

And this is by far the BEST runway show PR has had and I agree that it actually does look like a fashion show this year. People knocking this just have their noses in the air because it's PR!

I like Jillian's the most with Christian a close second. I just feel like there's too much black going on with Christian's collection but that's his style so I guess it was fitting. I actually liked Sweet Pea's collection, it wasn't really cohesive but there are pretty nice pieces in there. I was kinda disappointed with Rami's work.. I was expecting too much and I dunno.. it was just underwhelming. Most of Chris' collection looks tacky to me.

Rami's designs are the best, IMO, followed by Jillian's. :smile:

Christian's tailoring skills, don't appear to be a patch on McQueen's, even though he worked for him (unless he was just under too much pressure to do his best work?), so his designs, inevitably, not only look like imitation, but like pale imitation, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
11.jpg

nymag.com*
I think this is the first design in project runway history I actually really like!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed by alot of the dresses. it looks like something Monique Lhullier or Carolina Herrerra would do.

I like Christian's the most because it looks best going down the runway. I was disappointed in Jillian. Sweet P was a surprise and a lot of her pieces looked nice. Rami. . .meh. Not too impressed. Chris didn't belong there. If this was based on presentation and innovation, Christian would win. He executed his collection very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->