Project Runway F/W 08.09 NYC

I was hoping for great things from Jillian. It is nice, but seems a little ho hum,. Christians is dramatic, but I don't think he really has a clear voice. He just designed what ever would look "fierce". I think Rami's is the most mature and cohesive.

well they will just have to maintain some self control and not click :shifty:

I had no self control :ninja:

I liked Christian's the best; and as I expected...the puff sleeved jacket has yet again snuck into his collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Christian's the best; and as I expected...the puff sleeved jacket has yet again snuck into his collection.

"Snuck"? More like threw up all over the collection, lol. Like 10 out of 12 looks are that same jacket, with some minor variations.

Christian is the most unoriginal designer I've ever seen. Just steal your former boss' designs and repeat them over and over again!

I really like Jillian's collection and I want her to win. Rami is my second, then Sweet P/Chris for a tie and lastly, Christian.

^yeah he seems like such an immature hack. but it doesn't help though that people continue lamenting over him. it's a funny thing about him compared with santino from the previous season.....when everybody would point out how 'mcqueen' his work was but they've never mentioned that aspect about this character. and btw,does anybody really think he was an actual assistant to mcqueen and westwood or merely an intern who gathered swatches??

I think Christian is unoriginal too but he's still pretty accomplished for someone so young (only 21, if I remember correctly!).

I don't watch PR at all but these collections are very impressive. I don't love everything in them all but there are pieces in every collection I REALLY love. Wow!

I'm surprised so many people like Christian's...I like him as a character and I like a lot of the stuff he did on the show but his collection isn't bowling me over like I thought it would.

^yeah he seems like such an immature hack. but it doesn't help though that people continue lamenting over him. it's a funny thing about him compared with santino from the previous season.....when everybody would point out how 'mcqueen' his work was but they've never mentioned that aspect about this character. and btw,does anybody really think he was an actual assistant to mcqueen and westwood or merely an intern who gathered swatches??

I never thought he was an assistant (he's 22 going on 12) and that doesn't change my opinion that all he's doing is copying his former boss' work.

Christian is the most unoriginal designer I've ever seen. Just steal your former boss' designs and repeat them over and over again!

I really like Jillian's collection and I want her to win. Rami is my second, then Sweet P/Chris for a tie and lastly, Christian.
Couldn't agree more :flower:

Why is it the case that if one designer designs an item of clothing a certain way, it's their design. That's not the way it works. Just because one person designs something in some way and another designer does something similar, it doesn't mean it's their design. They just happened to put it out before anyone else got a chance to.:rolleyes:

^ I think when people refer to Christian's clothes as being heavily referential to things that McQueen has done it's because the "inspiration" is obvious. It's not that his taste has merely been shaped by a particular designers' aesthetic, it's that he's recycling ideas and/or actual garments and proclaiming how original and brilliant he is.

Let's put it this way, 21 year olds aren't handed a position fresh out of school in any industry, let alone the fashion industry, and I'm speaking from experience.

He started his own line at 22, he wasn't hired as an assistant designer to a major designer (like McQueen)

I can't wait to actually see it on the show. Stills are nice but when it comes to this competition and this type of fashion I like to see the dresses move.

Christians is dramatic, but I don't think he really has a clear voice. He just designed what ever would look "fierce". I think Ra
his designs are not fierce....more like, fussy :lol:

i can't stand him, he brings shame to the word.

^more like mundane :lol: unfortunately,his pathetic attempts have absolutely no substance like he's trying to emulate of his former boss or those that do dramatic work that he seems to be keen on. it's just as horrid as baby phat to me.

btw,zac posen also had the money from his rich parents as well the brown-nosing of american vogue. that's why he became such an instant hype machine.

edit: just saw your post ale....thinking the same things,we are :wink:

btw,zac posen also had the money from his rich parents as well the brown-nosing of american vogue. that's why he became such an instant hype machine.

edit: just saw your post ale....thinking the same things,we are :wink:
hahahahaha!!!

yeah.... if only we could all be as lucky as zac "posen-as-a-real-designer" :lol:

also...spike that's exactly what i was thinking too. i know no designer that young,whilst in school,that has ever become an assistant to anyone. usually they assist after the fact...after they have that graduation...that's when designers generally begin searching for work experience in the form of assisting. and i'm not at all saying it's not important to be a mere intern(because you still can learn alot especially in how an atelier works) just that how he convey's his so-called experience seems a bit too pretentious especially given its not how he wants people to believe.

hah...i can say one thing and i am not fond of them either...but at least porenza schouler did go through the motions of starting their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->