Project Runway F/W 08.09 NYC

Wow I can't say I like any of the designers collections as wholes.

Jillian's collection wasn't cohesive, I thought the equestrian outfit and the gold dress that came after it so out of place, but there were some pretty nice pieces in there.

Chris' made me want to vomit, I have never seen so much red and black, it looked cheap. As well some of his coats to me look like bathrobes, furry bathrobes, especially the blue one on the peroxide blonde girl.

Christian's work as many others here have said is a little too reminiscent of McQueen, which sucks, but his collection to me was generally the most dramatic and interesting to look at.

Sweet P's was kind of mediocre.

Rami's wasn't too bad there were some nice pieces, but he seems to be a little to inspired by the toga imo, I would have liked to see something different. Oh yeah, and what was he smoking when he made those fugly red high waisted trousers and matched them with an even uglier blouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to tell our unanimous favorite here how you truly feel about him, slide a comment over to his Myspace

www.myspace.com/ChristianSiriano.

By the way, I agree with everyone, he deserves a B*itch slap!

some of the collections started out nicely but without fail, always gets spoiled somewhere in the middle with horrendous designs....pity pity...

I like Jillian's collection in theory....
The execution is rather dodgy, imo...
No cohesion, whatsoever... but it was brazen - for Project Runway, at least...

While Christian's collection is a blatant, unabashed rehash of everything McQ, it looks impressively constructed and balanced...
A general flow emits from it, I think...
Still would love nothing more than to kick him in the shin and muzzle him... :ninja:

Rami's collection is fine... boring, but totally viable, I think..
Well done... ^_^

Chris and Sweet P's collections are pretty much dire... :sick:

I predict that Christian will win, unfortunately...
Kors and Klum are so easily impressed... it's sickening, rly...

Jillian seemed like she had a lot of items stores would actually buy and sell in good numbers.

Jillian - Fake me out Balenciaga and Ralph Lauren

The Little One - Fake me out McQueen, it looks like Bebe to be honest.

Rami - Meh.

Sweet P - Jesus...So frickin hippie, seriously, where's my hemp hat?

I think that Rami's collection was the most cohesive. Some of the pieces bordered on boring (like the blue suit) but maybe they are more striking in person.

Christian's collection is my favorite. I agree with everyone is said that it may be a little too McQueen inspired.

I think it's so funny that they got a few of the ANTM girls to walk in their show.

Oh hai Alexander. Just a few observations I made while going through some old McQueen collections. He seems to have mainly drawn his "inspiration" from S/S06-S/S07.

13.jpg

00120m.jpg
00470m.jpg

8.jpg

00480m.jpg
00060m.jpg

4.jpg

00240m.jpg
00170m.jpg

5.jpg
00030m.jpg

style, nymag

mcqueen is a good designer to borrow from be inspired by :wink: :P

chris i'm a bit impressed i expected more gaudy costumey designs but... still not that great

jillian very cute... a bit plain very ralph lauren in parts love the last gown!

rami very fashion forward no doubt about it!

christian... i'm a bit disappointed i expected more... it didn't really come across as him like all his designs on the show... i liked the collection but it seems like a repeat nothing original here

sweetpea... doesn't deserve to show... her collection was dull and boring yes she can make clothes but she did not deserve to make it this far

mcqueen is a good designer to borrow from be inspired by :wink: :P

Yeah, his clothes are very inspirational :P But when you start copying even the details (like feather headpieces and men's hats), it's a bit much. I noticed he took McQueen's black jackets and just exaggerated the the shoulders and sleeves. But even that can be seen in McQueen's collections like this:
00250m.jpg

More observations (I'm avoiding homework :lol:)

3.jpg
00350m.jpg

6.jpg

00070m.jpg
00300m.jpg

9.jpg
00040m.jpg

4.jpg
00120m.jpg

style, nymag

Ugh I really hope the finalists are Rami, Christian, and Jillian... I can't stand Chris, he's so tacky and Sweet P is just yuck. (unless they all are?)
Didn't Christian say he worked with McQ? For me I always like things that the designers make and then I see their final collection and I'm always disappointed because it just seems like it all becomes so generic! (Daniel for season 2 was such a interesting designer, and then his collection sucked). And honestly, sometimes I think the judges are smoking crack, that guy that won last season, Jeffrey or whatever was SO tacky, all his stuff looked like a bunch of cheap **** you'd buy in a mall.
I like Christian's the most, but Romi has designed some stuff I just loved... that denim dress he made with the zippers was too cute. But I agree with whoever said he relies on the toga thing too much, I don't feel like he really pushed himself to be truly innovative, plus some of the fitting on his garments looks off and unflattering. And Jillian disappointed me-- it wasn't a very cohesive collection, and I always see her as having this 70s style inspiration, and I would have liked to see that in her collection (I also am not a big fan of her fabrics at all). Chris's is just too tacky, but what was anyone expecting? Sweet P just doesn't have a high-fashion taste level in my opinion and it shows in her work. But I think I only like Christian's the most because I do love McQ... :P
I love the show though... and even though its starting to become a bit scripted and repetitive, from a design standpoint I think this season has been the best.

I really haven't watched this season so I can't really judge previous work but in my opinion this show is way better than last season (I still can't believe who won the last time, so tacky) I'm guessing that Christian or Romi will eventually win.
they seem to have the most potential out of the bunch.

I think Rami and Christian's collections are the best, if a little derivative.

Chris's collection is just hideous, why he is even in this competition I just don't know. He needs to go and make clothes for Cher's new show in Vegas.

I'm surprised Christian did so many puff 80's jackets like that. The judges have told him repeatedly that women don't want that sh*t...

i was really let down by jillian's collection, but i hope she wins.

not impressed by any of these collections. i think my favorite out of all the collections that have been shown on PR, jay's from season 1 is still my favorite.

I agree. Jay's was the best winning collection. I still feel like Jay, Kara Saun, and Austin are the best Project Runway contestants ever. No one else's work has compared.

^^ it's almost as if they're not trying as hard... plus i'm a little annoyed at the fact that tere are now 5 people in the finals? WTF? what happend to three i mean four last season was perfect YOU KNEW those four would be the best! but FIVE? chris and sweet pea DO NOT deserve to be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->