R.I.P. Tom Nicon

I really wish people in this industry would just be a little kinder to one another. Kindness, compassion-- and just showing a bit of consideration and good manners to another person, would vastly improve someone's impression of you, and maybe-- just maybe, make it easier for someone else to get through their day, or life.

It's this cold, mean and nasty attitude that some in the industry continue to perpetuate with glee-- like it gets them off to treat someone else like they're less of a person to assert their superiority, that makes me despise the industry. And I don't mean just people at the top of their game; it's everybody. It's like these people see the awful, shallow, bitchy caricatures of what people in the fashion industry are suppose to be like on television, and they believe it, and try desperately to be like that; whether it's the photographer who sees herself as the only one that matters and treats everyone else on the team like the help; or the casting agents who coldly, and rudely brush off models; or bitchy stylists who think they're a character on Ugly Betty; or delusional models who think they're too good to associate with the rest of the girls because she's had some success. People need to just need to learn to be more compassionate and kind-- just a simple gesture: A "Thank You" for a start.

it's almost two years now, I still miss him so much. it's so sad to see such a beautiful soul passed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->