Renee and Kenny Chesney: split!

I can't say I'm surprised by this, unfortunately. I find it disheartening that more thought wasn't put into this major step to begin with :cry: I suppose I'm just not that spontaneous...

surprise surprise ?
it's getting beyond a joke . . can no celebrity marriages last ? :shifty:

I can never help it, but hearing these celebrity marriages coming to end like lemmings throwing themselves off a cliff, always makes me feel a little sad. Maybe I put too much faith in humanity and the legend of happily ever after.

She claimed "Fraud" on the anullment(sp?) papers.

NOt sure.. just saw it on a preview on TV for either "The insider" or "Entertainment tonight"...

they'll talk about it on the show I guess. :flower:

Well for a marriage to get "anulled" they probably didn't have sex. God that sucks!
Divorce is NEVER fun :(

Well Renee will soon be in "Oprah" and share this whole thing for all of us or then she will do it on Vanity Fair, either or, at the same time she can promote her new movie Cindrella Man.

I read that 'fraud' on her papers didn't mean that Kenny was a fraud, just that it was the only box she could check or something like that...she said that she didn't mean 'fraud' as a reflection of Kenny.

Haha, I'm betting they did have sex, no doubt :wink:
Probably just easier to get an annulment than a divorce...plus I think certain states have certain break-off points (in number of days married) for people to be eligable for an annulment.

Just did a little Google research, and it appears that the rules for annulment are state by state (or in this case, territory by territory). I found North Carolina's rules, and time doesn't figure in, but I'm sure it does elsewhere (and probably in the Virgin Islands, the locale in this case). If you get your marriage annulled, you can say you've never been married. But in this case, I think we will all remember :rolleyes:

Lesson we all should learn: Never marry a man who thinks anyone thinks his tractor is sexy. And most especially one who sings about it. Tractors are not sexy ... never were, never will be ... ^_^

update, from people.com;

"Then, late Friday, Zellweger and Chesney released a third statement, saying that "the miscommunication of the objective of their marriage at the start is the only reason for this annulment. Renée and Kenny value and respect each other and are saddened that their different objectives prevent the success of this marriage."

On one of the entertainment shows a lawyer said that "fraud" HAD to be filed for an annulment. It simply means that you married someone before having knowledge of a very vital piece of information. What the piece of vital info was...now that's the question. Like "I wouldn't have married this person if I had known this"

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they were going to last but then again I always think those "types" are going to last. I'm still mourning over Brad and Jen. On the other hand, you think people would have more common sense. What evere happened to marriage being something meaningful?

DreamsAreMade said:
On one of the entertainment shows a lawyer said that "fraud" HAD to be filed for an annulment. It simply means that you married someone before having knowledge of a very vital piece of information.

Who knew?

... Well what kind of stupid question was that :D , you knew, for god sake entertainment shows do. And know I know.

From gofugyourself (with Courtney Love standing in as Aunty Fugly)

Q. Dear Aunt Fugly,

What does a girl wear to an annulment? Is Carolina Herrera too much? And, how much time should I wait before contacting my ex? He might be married, but I'm pretty sure that was just a revenge wedding because I married a gay alien and he wasn't happy about it. Maybe I should wear something seductive so I can go right over to his place after I sign the papers? I'm nervous! God, I need a rice grain.

You complete me,

Afraid of Carbs
HA Ha i found this on another board HAD to post it!

*AndoraStar* said:
Well for a marriage to get "anulled" they probably didn't have sex. God that sucks!
Divorce is NEVER fun :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that the "no sex" thing only applies to the church for annulment. In order for the government to annul a marriage I think it has to do with time and circumstance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->