RIP Alexander McQueen: 1969 - 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A MAN OF DARKNESS AND DREAMS
Vanity Fair April 2010
By Ingrid Sischy

source | scanned by MMA

REMEMBERING MCQUEEN: The New Yorker’s style issue pays homage to the late Alexander McQueen with a cover illustration that features the designer’s butterfly hat, originally inspired by muse Isabella Blow. In addition, Platon provided the magazine with a previously unpublished photograph of McQueen, taken in his early days as a designer, as part of a photo portfolio.
source | wwd.com

source | newyorker.com

Hmmm...beautiful article, I must yet it!

Have there been any update for McQueen's continuing line?...

Tatler's hommage to both McQueen and Isabella Blow:

Scanned by me from Tatler April 2010

I love the first one Harumi. I wish we could see this happy face more often..I just see sadness from his last candids.

Hello,
I am a member here, but have not learned to post yet. I would just like to let the mourners of the brilliant Alexander McQueen know that the tribute issue published by L'Officiel is out and available.
It is called "Alexander McQueen 1969-2010, Le genie PROVOCATEUR en 1000 photos".
I got mine today and am so very pleased with it. All photos, all seasons including his years at Givenchy.
I know we all feel the loss. I will miss him dearly.

Elle Brazil - March 2010
God save McQueen

scanned by me

Backstage at Alexander McQueen Menswear Fall 2010

640x4175.jpg

vman.com

Lee's Last Interview in Matches Magazine (5th February 2010)

Source | Scanned by Me

Marie Claire Ukraine April 2010

journal plaza.net

This is from the Dazed & Confused 10th Anniversary issue December 2002.
The photo was taken by Bobbie Gillespie and scanned by myself.
It's how I'd like to remember Lee.
:heart:

Attachments

• december 2002 dazed and confused.jpg
    december 2002 dazed and confused.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 29
Forever Loved

Sending shock waves around the globe, we have all felt a loss following the tragic news. We can only be thankful that the devine ethos of this late great legend of fashion will live on as the Gucci Group are planning to keep the label and the design team who assisted Lee in delivering his truely inspirational vision. Small mercies

mcqueenbookcove1614860c.jpg

mcqueenbook1614859c.jpg

mcqueenbook21614862c.jpg

The first of what will undoubtedly be many books on the late British fashion revolutionary, Alexander McQueen, will go on sale on May 7th.

Entitled "Alexander McQueen, Genius of a Generation", the 128-page volume traces McQueen’s remarkable life story, from a child, drawing on the walls of his parent’s council flat, in London’s East End, to his final, fabulous - but unfinished - fall/winter 2010/11 collection, shown posthumously, in a series of private presentations, in Paris.

More than 120 iconic images capture the dramatic and thought-provoking concepts of his catwalk shows, which fired the imagination of an entire fashion industry, from CEO to student; from 1995, in London, through to the hi-tech, cyber fantasy that was "Plato’s Atlantis", for spring/summer 2010, simultaneously live-streamed to millions around the globe.

The photographs demonstrate how McQueen’s vision eclipsed mere ready-to-wear and how he struggled and sought to define fashion through complex thought-processes, science and computer technology, special effects and elaborate sets which were astonishing examples of installation art, designed to showcase some of the most bizarrely-beautiful, ingenious and mind-boggling clothes ever seen on a runway.

The book is written by Kristin Knox, an international fashion journalist and blogger, and published by A&C Black.

It is a tribute to the astounding, shocking talent that was Lee Alexander McQueen, born March, 1969, d. February, 2010. Something of a late-starter at Central Saint Martins, he had already worked with the Savile Row tailors, Anderson & Sheppard, and Gieves & Hawkes - where he sharpened his surgeon-like cutting skills - and, later, the theatrical costumiers, then Angels & Bermans - which fed and fostered his lust for fantasy - as well as for the designers, Koji Tatsuno, and Romeo Gigli, in Milan, before arriving at the famous college to tutor in pattern-cutting. He enrolled instead for an MA.

The fashion guru, Isabella Blow bought his entire MA graduate collection, one piece at a time, and their friendship was one of the great platonic fashion "marriages" of its generation - until Blow’s tragic death by suicide in May, 2007.

Following a series of explosive shows at London Fashion Week, including "Highland r*pe", and the launch of "bumsters", which ignited a global, and enduring craze for low-slung trousers, McQueen caught the attention of Paris. Following in the footsteps of John Galliano, he was appointed creative director at the august "maison" of Givenchy, part of the LVMH group, at just 27 years of age. It was always an uneasy alliance: the firebrand McQueen versus the entrenched values of a brand which had had Audrey Hepburn as a muse.

Surprisingly, McQueen lasted five years, before quitting, selling 51% of his label to Gucci Group and finally embarking on the outrageous creativity which was to set the fashion world ablaze.

McQueen’s death, at the age of 40, was announced in London on the afternoon of February 11th this year - the day before the funeral of his beloved mother, Joyce.

‘Alexander McQueen, Genius of a Generation’, by A&C Black, £19.99 paperback, from major booksellers, from 7th May; www.acblack.com; [email protected]
telegraph.co.uk

From Vogue Hommes Japan #4 S/S 2010

scanned by sobigsobig @ modernparty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back