RIP Alexander McQueen: 1969 - 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the collection will go unseen, though. I think photos being banned is smart. Pictures from the collection will most likely be released on alexandermcqueen.com. Even though I wouldn't consider it disrespectful if pictures taken by photo agencies popped up on the web (like getty and corbis, etc.), I understand why the McQueen team would opt for no photos, especially personal photos that would instantly pop up on twitter...which I think would be pretty tasteless.

Yes, as its a special "presentation/memorial" as opposed to a standard collection, leaving out 3rd party photos makes sense.

It was an utter shock. RIP Lee. There was nobody better.

Hello, there
I'm still thinking about McQueen daily, I don't know why aside from a huge hero to me. Someone mentioned he hadn't looked well recently and I agree. As they say, the brightest lights burn for the shortest time.
I have mixed feelings about the presentation of the clothes next week; concerned that they were nowhere near finished and what is presented won't be what he wanted to be shown. I guess it'll be interesting to see what photos are made available.

tomorrow is the show apparently the ss collection will be shown in paris can't wait

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there is a thread for celebrities wearing Alexander McQueen? I know he was never quite as popular with the Hollywood set as some of the other big names, but I'd love to see risky fashionistas donning some of his threads.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for celebrities wearing Alexander McQueen? I know he was never quite as popular with the Hollywood set as some of the other big names, but I'd love to see risky fashionistas donning some of his threads.

You'd be surprised, he's label was pretty popular in Japan and Korea (going by what my friends have mentioned). Ayumi Hamasaki and Mika Nakashima (really popular j-pop stars) casually wear his dresses and whatnot during talk show interviews, etc...
:smile:

Yes, see here.
:wink:

Oh god. Mac Queen has died for some weeks now, and as usual, I've not been moved on the moment.
Now I browse through his whole work, and his final collection for the fall 10. it is splendid, it is awesome. only now, tears come. i'm so silly..
u will be missed, Mac Queen. Rest in peace.

Were Alexander McQueen alive, he would have turned 41 today.He will be remembered

US Elle April 2010
Angels and Demons
(McQueen tribute) by Anne Slowey

Photographer: Gilles Bensimon

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Even day later, I wish you were here with us and celebrate your birthday. I miss you so bad and I can't stop thinking about you and I just can't accept the fact that you passed away. You were, are and will be terribly missed. :heart: I hope you're happy up there.

VOGUE PARIS tribute.
From April 2010 issue

by Nick Knight

Scanned by me.

wow they re-used that photo from the face? im still waiting for it to arrive. as well as the tribute issue of l'officiel paris

US Vogue April 2010

Anna on McQueen

Alexander McQueen by Hamish Bowles

source | scanned by MMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel