Roberto Cavalli F/W 2006.07 Milan

:o ... :yuk:

excuse me, i'll have to go and scratch my eyes out..

While his collections can always use some serious editing, I found some of the looks to be quite nice...Style.com

00040m.jpg
00060m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

^ i do like those pieces, they're the best out of this line, but
most of the other stuff was just too much.

I don't think so. At least not yet. I think he has time to appeal or something like that, but his excuse was SO lame.

i know this dress is perfect but the rest of collection really didnt even make me a bit exciting:(
i guess i really dont like Cavalli

I actually think the majority of this collection was beautiful. All of the coats done in some of the most gorgeous stenciled velvet, some of the dresses, even the motifs he was using (those Leon Bakst inspired birds)

He used so many things that I'm just a sucker for (Poiret, Oriental influences, Ballet Russes....)

Obviously this collection isn't everybody's taste, but it certainly isn't the same Vegas showgirl we've come to expect. It's rich, it's sumptuous, and for Cavalli it's quite restrained, I think.

It's very opulent and luxurious but the furs need to go. The second to last dress with red dragon slithering around a black gown is stunning.

does someone knows the name of the first violin song played during the clip at style.com, any information will be much appreciated :flower:.

thanks in advance.

I really dont like the use of fur. I dont like most of the collection either, but I do like the last 4 looks.

Spike413 said:
I actually think the majority of this collection was beautiful. All of the coats done in some of the most gorgeous stenciled velvet, some of the dresses, even the motifs he was using (those Leon Bakst inspired birds)

He used so many things that I'm just a sucker for (Poiret, Oriental influences, Ballet Russes....)

Obviously this collection isn't everybody's taste, but it certainly isn't the same Vegas showgirl we've come to expect. It's rich, it's sumptuous, and for Cavalli it's quite restrained, I think.

I agree with you ... and I think "sumptuous" could be the theme for almost everything. Interesting that while others have been going the "sexy tacky" route lately, both Versace and Cavalli have cleaned up their acts. It's still sexy, of course, but none of it offensively so (to me anyway).

I don't know that Gemma has ever looked sexier than she does in that dragon gown (though it does make you question what it would do to a normal pair of hips). The black Deco gown is just incredible ...

The one thing that bothered me was ... didn't someone (Galliano??) show Lily Cole in paisley for a recent couture show? It was the Ukrainian show, or there was an ethnic theme ... That seemed like a pretty ballsy knockoff, same fabric, similar silhouette, same *model* ... or I guess it could be viewed as 'fessing up ...

I'm no expert on Cavalli's "body of work" :innocent: but this collection has to be some of the best he's ever done.

I like it....maybe it's not all wearable but there are alot of great pieces in it

the evening dresses are stunning

love that black dress on stam, the jeans outfit on vlada and the dress on gemma

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->