Roberto Cavalli F/W 2024.25 Milan

Amateurish.

Marble print always seems good in theory, but it's rarely good on a runway. It's too sparse and delivers its best effect when it's on a hard flat surface. Not crinkled or quilted.

Those little party dresses look so cheap. There's really very little here. Seems like an afterthought.

didnt know he was capable of doing something easy and sexy. I remember when he made tortured and structured baby doll dresses long time ago

This season hasn’t hit me at all. Most of the collection looks trashy indeed. Etro has offered the level of opulence I needed today and didn’t get from Cavalli.

That marbled/paint pour print looks messy and cheap. It's a very hard pattern to pull off if you're not a model. Pretty basic otherwise. It's kind of sad seeing Cavalli be boring.

I’ve supported and enjoyed his previous collections but this is a hard one.

didn’t really like it.

What happened. Their previous seasons were so tight and screamed Cavalli. This feels like Prada trying to be sexy.

A massive step back. Looks like a nondescript collection from the early 2010s. Particularly despise look 23, coming across as some amateur hour Nensi Dojoka flimsy film of a dress thing. And the casting is all over the place, making the clothes look even worse because there's no attitude to it.

What happened. Their previous seasons were so tight and screamed Cavalli. This feels like Prada trying to be sexy.
Long story short: 3 creative directors, 4 CEOs, 2 owners, 1 HQ relocation, and 200 fired employees and 26 million euros in losses.
In late 2014, Italian private equity fund Clessidra bought a 90% controlling stake in the company, a move that had been in talks since 2008. This acquisition was supported by co-investors from Asia. With this move, came the appointment of three core people:
- Peter Dundas as creative director
- Francesco Trapani as chairman
- Renato Seminari as CEO

In May 2016, Italmobiliare acquires Clessidra after the death of their CEO and Gian Giacomo Ferraris replaces Trapani as CEO. Dundas leaves that October and the headquarters are relocated to Florence, cutting 200 jobs and inciting a protest in the process. By the end of the year, they've suffered a loss of 26 million EUR.

Paul Surridge in appointed in May 2017 with losses continuing throughout his tenure. Surridge departs in 2019 and the company ceases US operations and files for the Italian equivalent for bankruptcy. By this point, they've attracted five potential buyers, including Bluestar, OTB and Philipp Plein.

The totality of the company is eventually bought by Vision Investment, an Emirati property group, who incites a relaunch of the Cavalli brand. In October 2020, Emilio Fontana replaces Ferraris and appoints Fausto Puglisi as Cavalli's creative director. The current CEO, Sergio Azzolari, was appointed in March 2023 to continue the relaunch and Roberto Cavalli will finally break even this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed that the marble print just doesnt work, it always ends up looking too heavy. I like the more sleek and plain pieces. The marble only worked for the trench coat and shirt dress.

After watching the video, am shocked that they even went ahead with this collection. Anyone can see that the marble looks hideous almost like furniture fabric! The pleated looks are sleek but have terrible movement and keep on bulging, then the silk prints are too Versace. Like someone mentioned earlier, that second last dress and everything in that print looks like some mall runway show eveningwear. Only good pieces are the suits and the strappy simple velvet dresses. I loved his previous collections which were controversial for having more of his signature than Cavalli but they were at least strong and sexy. Only sexy thing here is the accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->