Roberto Cavalli for H&M

091907_10a.jpg

excerpt and pic from wwd
Memo Pad: Cavalli's H&M Party... Double Duty...
Cavalli's H&M Party: For Roberto Cavalli, whose one-off collection for Hennes & Mauritz launches Nov. 8 at 200 stores, it's never too soon to party.

In July, Cavalli gathered 150 friends and a bevy of models at his hilltop home in Florence and used his garden, its gilded birdcages and Otto, his cockatiel, as the backdrop for his H&M campaign, shot by Terry Richardson. In one shot, Cavalli is surrounded by models in leopard-print silk dresses, corseted and ruffled halter tops and sequined beaded gowns. Long and short evening looks and a lot of sensuality form the core of the collection of 25 women's pieces, lingerie, matching accessories and 20 men's pieces.

Cavalli also becomes the punch line in a TV commercial, where, late in the night, he emerges on his staircase, eliciting cries from the crowd below: "Mr. Cavalli! Mr. Cavalli! You missed the party!" To which he responds: "How can I miss the party? I am the party."

His collaboration with H&M only solidifies his jet-set reputation and the festive spirit of his designs. "My name is very often associated with parties and entertaining, but it's not true. I am not such a party person," Cavalli demurred during an interview at his 56th Street offices in New York. He said he's not the type to be out every night of the week, though, at 67, he's hardly let up. "It's better to entertain. I enjoy seeing people have fun."

However, working with several models on the shoot, such as Erin Wasson, Jessica Stam, Theodora Richards, Nicolas Malleville, Sean Lennon, Jane Schmitt, Lydia Hearst, Astrid Muñoz, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Anouck Lepère, Ludovico and members of his family, proved interesting. He also said that, as far as he remembers, he's never appeared in his ads before, which might have added to the challenge.

The Cavalli-H&M campaign will make its debut early next month and will feature 21 images in newspapers, magazines, outdoor advertising and TV. Cavalli is the first Italian designer to collaborate with H&M, which previously had collections with Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Viktor & Rolf.

ohh my god!! he is not my favourite...but in fact i am so excited!! :D

^^i'd like to see a bigger version of that pic from wwd....and yes, i'm excited too!!

I could've sworn that some of this stuff has already hit the racks. The trench (in black and in sand) have been on the racks in BOTH H&M's on 34th Street in NYC. One of my friends bought one before returning to London over a week ago. I even took a picture of it on the rack with my camera phone. Has anyone else seen any of the clothes out for sale already?

what? really??? could u post the pic here? thanks:flower:

I could've sworn that some of this stuff has already hit the racks. The trench (in black and in sand) have been on the racks in BOTH H&M's on 34th Street in NYC. One of my friends bought one before returning to London over a week ago. I even took a picture of it on the rack with my camera phone. Has anyone else seen any of the clothes out for sale already?

I seriously doubt that. Of course H&M has trenches in their fall lines, but why do you think it's from the cavalli collaboration? :ermm:

Huh.... i might really get to like that collection. At least there aren't so many hearts as with the V&R collection. Hearts are cute, yes, but there's a limit to it.

Can't wait! More than A FULL MONTH more!!!!!

Here some new pics from Jessi by mail:

The Party pic postet before in HQ:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_XpHAiSmIEKk/RvMG5kTE9qI/AAAAAAAAAEY/2IIpx-lpHLY/s1600-h/cavalli+party.jpg

And the Link to the Blog with other picture:
http://annienyc.blogspot.com/search/label/cavalli for h and m

Some other information for all the people from germany (source: vogue october).
RELEASE DATE: 08.11.2007
WHERE: 30 stores in germany

finally a bigger pic! however apart from that white blouse there's nothing too thrilling or anything i'd really really want. have to see the clothes IRL though.....

alix, I think the H&M dress will be like the one that the redhead is wearing in the group pic posted above, so it's not exactly the same but quite similar.

Look at this dress!!!

On the runway
11267_1178184250_1179830733_1179937363.jpg

On celebrities
438295255_1179830897.jpg

Now in H&M by Roberto Cavalli
gold+dress.jpg

vipglamour

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow..... Good eye GURL!!! So, actually it's true! Red carpet outfits for H&M prices!

(btw, that dress looks so much fiercer on the runway than on either celeb. Esp Britney. That pose is sad!)

Wow, I might be buying more than just the trench...

I have to say, this collection looks really intriguing. Too bad there isn't an H&M near me; otherwise I'd probably be spending a lot of money come November. :wink:

Very nice. Much more interesting than the dull pieces he has designed for us men. I'm officially jealous.

I'm still hoping that some animal print shirts will pop for us men...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonnyjonny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->