Roberto Cavalli for H&M

first I was like..:ninja:...then I was like...well still :ninja: and :yuk:

Cavalli is not a designer that should produce cheap lines, because then more people have to chance to wear his 'designs'...:innocent:...which is not a pretty sight

who will front the campaign? my bet is on Posh :heart:

ok, so after re-viewing his last SS07 collection i found these two to be the only wearable/decent/good looks from the entire collection:

00080m.jpg
00410m.jpg

but really no more than two....everything else seems to be either animal print or tacky, or both

source: style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^yeah his latest collection wasn't as bad as past ones

what a tacky tacky choice! i suppose it will appeal to the masses though?

What?! :shock:
Does this have something to do with Victoria Beckham being so uncomprehendingly popular in a lot of H&Ms targeted countries? Germany has a H&M on each corner and she's sooooo popular here :sick:
Just a thought because there were rumors that she was trying to be Cavalli campaign person or something

Roberto Cavalli never really piqued my interest, but then again I have to see the collection before I can judge. I expect one very extravagant piece, kind of like what Viktor & Rolf had with the wedding dress. However, I expect a much larger crowd, even larger than V&R, seeing as Cavalli is pretty recognized among the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not a BIG fan of Cavalli but I have to admit that I'm curious about this one!!

I think this is going to be one of those "love it or hate it" collections. I think Cavalli's for those with a strong sense of their own style and the personality to match, and such people can get away with wearing him because they manage to be as "loud" as the outfit... but then again, would such a person want to wear something that anyone can get their hands on at H&M?

Though I am excited to see what the collection will bring. I don't mind the idea that it might be tacky - it's boredom that people die from, so the saying goes.

i'm excited! of course i dont have high expectations coz what i like about cavalli is its sensuality and its use of expensive fabrics and embroideries, and clearly we're not going to have them from h&m. but still, its a designer line so it's better than nothing,no?

Oh no! look at those color swatches they have tacked up!

im really disapointed in this choice. cavalli is seemingly everywhere in my city. and actually im sick of him as a designer. plus he already has a wide range of labels. his lingerie is even at victoria's secret sometimes.

i wonder how many designers turned down H&M this year.

i think a lot of the more prestigious and interesting designers are going with target because they get more royalties and are paid more money.

My jaw literally went *Thud* on the desk.

I was hoping for someone else too (MJ? No? Galliano? Non? Bailey?), but the prospect of getting a turquoise print shirt for 50 Euros does to something to curb up the bit of Estrogen I got inside me.

So, let's break it down:

20 Pieces for men. 5 T-Shirts, some with animal prints, some saying "Cavalli x H&M". 3 Shirts, with different prints (such a no brainer). 2 types of formal pants. 1-2 pairs of jeans. 1 coat. 1 jacket. 1 whole suit (does this count as one or two pieces?). 1-2 Pullovers. 1-2 pairs of shoes if guys are lucky.

25 for them gals. T-Shirt gallore. 4 types of dresses. Pants. Jackets. A coat. Etc....

Seriously, those H&M collabos got so foreseeable, that I nearly fell asleep.

Still, I won't judge til I see pics.

In my part of the UK, there are only two H&M stores in the whole country, and hardly anyone knows about Cavalli, let alone him being sold on the high street, so there will be something exotic about this collection for my region. That said, I'll bet we won't even get the range.

I don't know how well this will work- Cavalli is sort of trash chic, a kind of "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap" vibe. H&M is actually cheap. This could be amazing- or a total trainwreck.

cavalli + h&m??? can't wait to see what'll come out of this...

cavalli's not my thing, but i think this may be huge for h&m. i'm curious to see what he makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->