Roberto Cavalli for H&M

I went early and queued from about 8:45 at oxford circus London. It wasnt too bad about 15 minute wait and got straight in. Once in it was madness though!! They had a DJ playing Britney Gimme more so loud it was disorientating! There were women falling over and Paparazzi taking pictures of it all. Managed to bag the gold sequin bodice dress--it weighs a tonne n cost £150. I have noticed it on ebay for alot more...*Edited*

I also got the cheetah print silk scarf, and a leather studed corset belt(59.99) prob all ebay unless friends want them first. For me I got the last mens trench :woot: in my size!(£99). Some women tried to get me to swap it for a bigger size, she was like "oh go on, im sure it will fit!"....urmm no! I also got a mens deep v neck tee but its got brown tiger/zebra print up the sides :o, so it was a bit of an impulse buy---dunno when/where im gonna wear that!

I have to say in defense of the stuff it seems really good quality. The trench is really nice material and really thick. The dimensions are nice too, with a really nice sized collar and lots of nice details like the buckles and trim.

The sequin dress weighs a tonne like I said. I only just looked at it and it seems to be made nicely, really thick, with good lining and a good "support" although I would say its not for the big chested.

I was really suprised at the little things like the packaging and the bags. The dress came in this huge red box with "exclusive" written on it, it also came in a special "red carpet" bag with gold handles, a red suede hanger and a thin gold veil bag "over" the dress. All nice touches that you wouldnt expect.

I also have to say before we got in they had models giving out bags with croissant, orange and a free umbrella in--nice touch.

When I left some women was crying on her phone because she had got there and there was nothing left!:ninja: overreaction! I noticed a few people trying to buy stuff off the sales assistants --- that they were wearing!

Cant really say I have ever experienced a shopping trip like it. It was like Christmas eve x10 and everyone wanted the same thing.

The mens jewelry was rank though:yuk:. It was like that cheap stuff on a thread chain you get on holiday in spain.lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from the Beverly Center store... what a madhouse.

I pretty much hated most of the collection, and I barely got my hands on the boots that I had gone there for (I managed to snag a pair that someone had put back ten seconds earlier). Tried on the boots... didn't really like them either. Ended up with nothing.

But they were handing out gift certificates with mystery amounts on them in honor of their store anniversary, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss.

I'm just now discovering H&M. I was excited to hear that they were doing something with Roberto Cavalli but now I'm not. It sounds like it was overrated and I'm just not into the whole "madhouse shopping" thing. Not worth it just for some piece of clothing that'll end up on ebay anyway.

I really wanted to get the snake bangle for my best friend for Christmas, but nothing at all left in my local branch. *Edited*

Miss60, the outfit looks fab on you :smile:

I'm just now discovering H&M. I was excited to hear that they were doing something with Roberto Cavalli but now I'm not. It sounds like it was overrated and I'm just not into the whole "madhouse shopping" thing. Not worth it just for some piece of clothing that'll end up on ebay anyway.

you are right about the madhouse shopping.. it really is quite something.
seeing people loose their minds over some clothes. it was quite something.
i am glad tho that i was able to nab the pieces that i did. will make for some inexpensive holiday outfits, cause i seem to spend all my money on expensive handbags!!:blink:

i dont think H&M's investors are going to be too pleased with the results. first, the collection is in only 200 stores. there arent that many items to go around. madonna's designers were in pretty much ALL H&M stores and that increased store sales that month by 11%.

and i also think that having these crowds in only a select few stores creates a legal liability for people to get hurt. there were a lot of fights at the NYC flagship store this morning.

it seems like H&M is encouraging the fights and mayhem. there is no way there are enough guards to stop this from happening.

i hate it when retailers try to degrade consumers this way. its embarassing.

ah, good points. you're so right.

i think it would be hilarious if a guerilla group organized a flash mob at H&m the day the collections go out at the flagships stores...that way shoppers would be competing with performance artists!:lol::lol:

miss6o, you look cute!

I think its disgusting how people buy these items just to flog on ebay. I wish people would boycott the ebay touts.. no matter how much they want the item. its hardly a fashion bargain if you're paying more than the retail value!

how was the men's tuxedo?? Did anyone try it on?? How is the material? Cavalli said it was his favourite piece from the men's collection.

i did see one woman get wacked in the head by the sharp end of a siver rack as every one was darting around the naked racks before the store people pulled the empty racks away... those things are sharp!! i thought for a moment, if i knock myself in the head and fall down.. boy what a lawsuit!!

I think its disgusting how people buy these items just to flog on ebay. I wish people would boycott the ebay touts.. no matter how much they want the item. its hardly a fashion bargain if you're paying more than the retail value!

Exactly.
I always thought people who stand in line for the store so early, do that because they really want the items. But they just want to sell them for more than it's worth.:huh:

On one eBay auction, someone had bid 70gbp, but the seller answered that she/he wanted at least 100gbp, excluding the postage costs, because she had been queing since 5am

i totally agree with you.. i keep checking ebay out of curiosity to see how fast the stuff will make it up there.

i saw people with arms full of stuff... people buying all of one outfit, all the sizes. none left for anyone else. its not fair..... H and M really should limit the amount that one person could purchase.

but they could give a s**t. laughing all the way to the bank..

until someone gets hurt, i guess

velony i have the same blazer but it's a 36 and slighly too big on me. it'd be awesome if we could trade.

this is like black friday. omg.

i got a black top. i love it!!!
h&m in oxford street was crazy, i queued for over half an hour for the fitting rooms downstairs and when i came up there wasn't anything else there! the normal racks had gone back and cavalli was gone! haha

suze071108-6.jpg

suze071108-5.jpg

scenese from the flagship NYC store...glamour.com
they werent allowing people to take the clothes off the mannequins.

please no transactions here, everyone:flower:

until someone gets hurt, i guess

Yes! They really have to change the system, because this doesn't work. Look at the scene in Amsterdam. People were running from the stairs, pushing other people and you see a girl falling on the floor..
That's just wrong.
Like lucy92 said, it's sickening to see it like this. This isn't normal shopping or bargain hunting. It's fighting for pieces they will just sell anyway:ninja: And the people who really DID want to get some pieces, might not get a chance.

But my point was, if it stays like this, there really will be a accident some time. Every time nothing happens, it's just luck.
My mother told me there were times when the first 10people who entered the store would get a tv (when it was still a rare thing) and people were sleeping in front of the store for 3 days, to be the first in line. It looks exactly like this.

I wonder what they think about that kind of publicity...

^^^Haha, they DID allow pieces from the mannequins in Amsterdam.
In the video you see the security screaming to the girls that they need to leave it where it is, but they don't listen and then they just buy it. No one objected.

NYC's system is better.

pleeease can someone tell me how the men's tux was? Is it worth getting?

I don't think theres anything wrong with ebaying some stuff as long as your sensible with it. I made the effort to get there early and I'm giving someone the opportunity to buy this who otherwise couldn't get hold of it. If they really want it and will bid against others to get the item what's the problem? my sis wanted some gold "sereno" topshop shoes, she was obsessed and couldn't get them anywhere-she ended up winning her size on ebay and they cost her 300 quid-yet they retail for 69.99. but she was chuffed cos she wanted them (even though I think she is crazy).

they should have had a flash mob bc that would have been hysterical!! it was bad enough anyway-the music was easily as loud as most clubs-when I exited down to the tube I could still hear it blasting half way down the stairs.

But I don't agree with this idea of 1 person buying all the stock of 1 outfit-that's really bad. also the people who have set some of these clothes on "buy it now" prices--250 quid for the bangle that retailed for 20??!! that's ridiculous. someone else also had the fur coat on for 500!! be interesting if he did real fur. when I went to the states they had fur in most of the shops- I tried on a fur lined juicy couture mens track top- and yes I looked like a pimp.lol. now every1 will think I am scum- an ebayer who doesn't oppose fur lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->