Lady Gaga for McQueen Collection

VersaceLuva586

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?

Lady Gaga for McQueen collection in the works

And so the label that is Alexander McQueen continues. Only days after announcing their new underwear collection, it has been revealed that the fashion house is collaborating on a capsule collection with performer Lady Gaga for the Spring 2011 season.

The news comes after it was rumoured that British designer Gareth Pugh would take over the reigns of the brand. PPR, who own half of the McQueen fashion house, however, are said to be keen on Gaga's involvement due to the commercial viability and cohesion between both the brand and the performer. As the Wall Street Journal revealed in February, McQueen considered Lady Gaga his "unofficial muse."

At this early stage little is known about the capsule collection. It is believed, however, that it will sit alongside the main Alexander McQueen line, more in the vein of the McQ by Alexander McQueen diffusion, and that the collection is being fleshed out under the working title of 'Poisson D'Avril', a reference to the thematic poison present in Lady Gaga's Telephone video clip.

http://www.fashionising.com/clothing/b--Lady-Gaga-for-McQueen-collection-in-the-works-3504.html

I'm a Lady Gaga fan, but uhhhh.... this might be either become a complete disaster or great work, considering it's just a capsule collection.

I'm pretty sure PPR just don't know what to do with the brand at this point.

Dislike. I'm not a Gaga fan at all, and I've never been into fashion houses collaborating with celebrities. This to me is just an insult to McQueen. I'm sure he'd have rather attention be brought to a collection because of its content, not because a celebrity is involved.

Well I mean, I'm not a Lady Gaga fan AT all ..... but capsule collections do not bother me since they are small, temporary, and specific . It's a smart business move I suppose . It's not Lohan taking over the creative director role for an extended period of time . Who knows what will happen . Either way it does not bother me as much .

Um.....ok. I love Lady Gaga to death but McQueen collection. I mean it could be good.....or it could be horrific.

As the Wall Street Journal revealed in February, McQueen considered Lady Gaga his "unofficial muse."

Well they are wrong. The Wall Street Journal should stick to Wall Street talk and leave the fashion talk to WWD etc.

lol. omg, ive been learning french for over 10 years and i didnt catch on with "poisson d'avril". haha.

seriously, ive fallen for every april fools joke ive been given today. boooo!

Dislike. I'm not a Gaga fan at all, and I've never been into fashion houses collaborating with celebrities. This to me is just an insult to McQueen. I'm sure he'd have rather attention be brought to a collection because of its content, not because a celebrity is involved.
agreed!

As much as I respect Lady Gaga, I hope this is not true.

What does she know about fashion?

She wears crazy eclectic outfits, so what?

I can wear crazy outfit too but you don't see me working for Christian Dior, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->