Runway Mishaps

Looking at the shoes and some of the dresses I'm surprised that a lot of models did NOT trip or fall...

Apparently Alek and Anok helped Luisana down the runway at Marc Jacobs due to difficulties with her heels.

For those interested, I just uploaded a video gathering all the trips and falls that occurred during the Vera Wang show, with some inedite angles of view. 4 falls and 4 trips during a 2-minute finale, that must be a Guinness Record!

Slight trip from Ruth Bell at Cong Tri:

Rebecca Leigh Longendyke slightly tripped at Moschino:

A model fell at Agua Bendita Swimwear Resort SS 2020 (Miami Swim Week 2019). I just uploaded a video with several angles of view:

Thuý Hạnh fell during the Chung Thanh Phong SS2020 fashion show "I Am Super Star" (held at the White Palace of Ho Chi Minh City on Tuesday, December 3:(

Kaia Gerber obviously struggled to walk in her wedding gown (she slightly tripped twice) while she was closing the Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2020 show:

A female model fell during the finale of Vêtements AW 2020/21 Menswear and Womenswear Show. She somehow stopped all the models behind her! Not featured in the official video, but here it is:

A model tripped at Halpern - Nyasha Matonhodze helped her and an audience member took her shoes off. @AnnabellaW do you have video footage of this?

@Armani Thank you for this video and photo. I wasn't aware of this mishap at Halpern. Actually this model not only tripped - she fell down before getting up and having her shoes removed, as this photo testifies:
10555857h.jpg 10555857m.jpg
shutterstock, on www.rexfeatures.com

For the time being, I didn't manage to find a video of her fall - if you succeed, don't hesitate to share it with me :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
At Moschino Fall 2020, when the last model took a turn the train of her wedding dress fell off the stage, trailing into the pit. Sadly none of the guests hauled it back on the catwalk for a while. From 35:55:

A model fell during the ToBeFrank x Amy Molyneaux show at London Fashion Week:

model-falls-on-her-heels-on-the-catwalk-during-the-tobefrank-x-amy-picture-id1200826361

gettyimages.com (photo by Isabel Infantes)

There seems to have been some more shoe troubles for this model, since she seriously stumbled again during the finale. At 0:29:

Some commentators on this Facebook video even wrote "It’s a shame all you can really notice is that not one single model can walk in those shoes" and "Everyone’s been talking about the heels"! Unfortunately, I haven't found a video of the complete show for now...

Naomy Garcia tripped at Missoni, Precious Kevin seems to have helped her (or asked if she was okay) according to these photos:

credit: gettyimages
model-walks-the-runway-during-the-missoni-fashion-show-as-part-of-picture-id1208010641
model-walks-the-runway-during-the-missoni-fashion-show-as-part-of-picture-id1208009992
model-walks-the-runway-during-the-missoni-fashion-show-as-part-of-picture-id1208010627

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"