Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2010 : Claudia Schiffer by Mario Testino

Second shot is gorgeous. I totally love it. Thanks for the scan.

I LOOOOVE the colors in these ads. And the atmosphere is just so happy and inviting. The face in the first shot still bugs me (even more so actually), but I can't help but love this campaign. What a nice change from all the dark and moody crap most other lines are putting out.

second one is stunning this is the best campaign for theirs for a long time! :smile:

Oh that new one with the shoe is gorgeous! Loving this campaign.

Not sure if love Schiffer more in the Chanel campaing or Ferragamo :heart:
I adore the pastel colors on the picture.

Thanks for the second shot fearless123! :flower:

The gesture in the newest shot posted is so effortless, it's beautiful and i love the horizon line in the background, along with the color. Not sure if i'd say it's one of the best campaigns of the season, but it definitely works more than a lot of what we are seeing.

Something about both of them seem a bit off, though; I think it's the framing. I can't help but feel crammed in. It could simply be the overwhelming feeling from both of them being juxtaposed, which also makes me feel even more claustrophobic. It almost seems as if we're being forced to look at what's being sold, if that makes any sense- i know this is advertising, but there's no need to talk down on us. I wish it wasn't so zoomed in so we would have a little more of the scene complimenting Claudia. That way, there wouldn't be so much in the frame so close to the edge and being cut off (the chair in the first and the back of her buttocks and her back in the second); sorry to be so nit-picky but it almost works against the feeling of comfort and dreaminess. Easy always does it. Overall, nicely done Testino but it could have been much better.

And good eye, AnaBGD- I see Grace Kelly too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvatore Ferragamo SS2010
Model: Claudia Schiffer
Photographer: Mario Testino

mariotestino.com

I think it's real pretty. Although it does look very Tim Walker like someone pointed out.

thanks for the higher quality photos , testinofan.
In terms of composition, i like the first one the most despite the frightening expression. They're all lovely because of their divine, 'light as a feather' quality from the light and color.

It could be a great campaign if it was another model instead of Claudia... Her expressions are all totally off! on the first pic, her eyes are scary, on the second and third ones, she looks mentally ill... Terrible

What have they done to her in the two-page ad? Her face looks weird, kinda frozen.

Yikes, Claudia's face in that first shot looks like Madonna's in Dolce's ads. Seriuosly, way to nearly ruin the whole thing with those expressions.

Still, I'm so in love with the rest of the pictures that it's still my favorite campaign of the season.

I can't help but think of Grace Kelly when I see this campaign.

The photo with all the shoes is classic, my favorite of all the campaigns this season!

The first shot didn't appeal to me much, but the other ones are gorgeous. I particularly love the one with the boats in the background.
As much as I love Ferragamo, the last campaigns didn't really catch me, but I totally like this. :smile:

NewCSF.jpg

source | journaux.fr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->